View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Championship Sunday 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Man, brady had tunnel vision for gronk there. 2 other guys were openish.

Their o-line got absolutely mauled.
Happy for Manning and I'd be ok seeing him win it all...and they might with this defense~


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Teddy played better than Brady did against Denver with an equally terrible offensive line.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Great game, maybe the last Peyton Vs Brady we will ever see.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10512
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Wow what a battle! Denver's defense is just on a whole different level.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Championship Sunday
I have never seen an offensive line play as poorly as the Pat's. Encouraging to know that the Vikes can and will compete with any team out there. With a good draft, a few good trades, a new stadium the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:41 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3434
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Purple bruise wrote:
I have never seen an offensive line play as poorly as the Pat's. Encouraging to know that the Vikes can and will compete with any team out there. With a good draft, a few good trades, a new stadium the sky is the limit :thumbsup:



I had the same thought: we played AZ and DEN VERY tight on the road this year. They could end up playing for the SB (though I don't think AZ will win tonight).

We're getting close!


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:45 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Texas Vike wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
I have never seen an offensive line play as poorly as the Pat's. Encouraging to know that the Vikes can and will compete with any team out there. With a good draft, a few good trades, a new stadium the sky is the limit :thumbsup:



I had the same thought: we played AZ and DEN VERY tight on the road this year. They could end up playing for the SB (though I don't think AZ will win tonight).

We're getting close!


And we were the last team to beat the Panthers in the regular season before Atlanta beat the in week 16!


Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Interesting thing to note in the first game that in spite of how bad the Pats o-line got beat, the critical difference in the game was a missed PAT


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Quote:
This was the 1st time in Tom Brady's career that he completed less than half of his passes and threw multiple INT in a game

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:28 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
The Breeze wrote:
Interesting thing to note in the first game that in spite of how bad the Pats o-line got beat, the critical difference in the game was a missed PAT


Pats voted for the PAT to be moved back...

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:29 pm
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Championship Sunday
dead_poet wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
Interesting thing to note in the first game that in spite of how bad the Pats o-line got beat, the critical difference in the game was a missed PAT


Pats voted for the PAT to be moved back...


Shouldn't have kicked from the left hash though!
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/174752/inside-slant-everything-you-want-to-know-and-then-some-about-the-nfls-new-pat-rule
Quote:
Place-kickers themselves face one relatively significant decision: Where to place the ball for extra points. As always, they'll have the choice between either hashmark or the middle of the field. A Pro Football Focus offseason study revealed that conversion rates on field goals from 30-35 yards over the past two seasons went this way:

Left: 91.6 percent

Center: 97.6 percent

Right: 93.8 percent


Interesting that after that there's a comment by Walsh!

Quote:
Not all place-kickers prefer the middle, however, despite those percentages. The Vikings' Blair Walsh said it's easier for some to use the hash because it provides a fool-proof line for the long-snapper and holder to set up.

"If you're in the middle of the field, there's no line for the holder to put the ball down," Walsh said. "So that's the way we're looking at it."


Wonder what his personal rate is left/center/right


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:30 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:36 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Championship Sunday
dead_poet wrote:
Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.


I was just thinking that. Carolina is an example of what a mediocre QB with mediocre offensive weapons can do with a brick wall in front of him.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:48 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Awful throw by Cam

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:19 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Championship Sunday
This is a nuts end to the half

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:20 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10512
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Have to disagree, a lot of people may not like Newton the person but there's no way he's mediocre as a QB.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Championship Sunday
I just don't like Palmer in a big game. Cardinals kinda self destructing~

-
I think Newton is a pretty dynamic QB...would love to have him.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
S197 wrote:
Have to disagree, a lot of people may not like Newton the person but there's no way he's mediocre as a QB.


Agree. He has absolutely improved as a QB. Doesn't hurt to have a perfect system designed for him, either.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:25 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
The Breeze wrote:
I just don't like Palmer in a big game. Cardinals kinda self destructing~


Palmer's pick there was the definition of trying to "force it." It wasn't there. Nice pick by Coleman, the safety the Vikes didn't want.

#notbitter

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Really wish Mathieu was playing.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:29 pm
Profile
Online
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17491
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Championship Sunday
dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
This was the 1st time in Tom Brady's career that he completed less than half of his passes and threw multiple INT in a game


That's incredible.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Quote:
@eric_j_thompson We're potentially two weeks away from both Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb having rings.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:45 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10512
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Championship Sunday
What's up with Brady not having a captains patch?

Edit Apparently it's optional


Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:48 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Hey I’m NFC Championship Carson Palmer and I have cable.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Championship Sunday
dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
@eric_j_thompson We're potentially two weeks away from both Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb having rings.

Every time I watch Carolina, Webb is in on a few ST tackles.
It's a shame they blew that game against ATL
-


Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Championship Sunday
dead_poet wrote:
Hey I’m NFC Championship Carson Palmer and I have cable.

:appl: i lolled


Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3434
Post Re: Championship Sunday
fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.


I was just thinking that. Carolina is an example of what a mediocre QB with mediocre offensive weapons can do with a brick wall in front of him.



Others have stated that Cam's not mediocre, and I agree with them.

But their line is very solid. I kept watching Ryan Kalil, Matt's brother, as he pulled and absolutely leveled guys down field opening up huge holes for Newton. That guy can play. I wish his brother played that nasty.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:12 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
In some alternate universe the Vikings surprised everyone and drafted Luke Kuechly instead of Matt Kalil.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Championship Sunday
Texas Vike wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.


I was just thinking that. Carolina is an example of what a mediocre QB with mediocre offensive weapons can do with a brick wall in front of him.



Others have stated that Cam's not mediocre, and I agree with them.

But their line is very solid. I kept watching Ryan Kalil, Matt's brother, as he pulled and absolutely leveled guys down field opening up huge holes for Newton. That guy can play. I wish his brother played that nasty.


Ryan is a monster. With healthy knees.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Championship Sunday
fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.


I was just thinking that. Carolina is an example of what a mediocre QB with mediocre offensive weapons can do with a brick wall in front of him.

Wow Cam is far from mediocre, in fact, his age, his size, his mobility, arm strength, make him, in my mind and many others, the best QB in the entire league.

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:32 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.