Championship Sunday

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Championship Sunday

Post by Mothman »

Who wins today and advances to the Super Bowl?

Both of these seem like "pick 'em" games to me. I'll pick with Carolina and New England but I could just as easily imagine Arizona and Denver winning.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Championship Sunday

Post by The Breeze »

I think the Pats are gonna squish Denver.
I want to see AZ win...but my gut says Panthers. I think Palmer is gonna turn it over.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Esiason just said that the only 1st rd pick starting on the NE offense is Stephen Jackson, who was a last minute pick up off the scrap heap....amazing~
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

The Breeze wrote:Esiason just said that the only 1st rd pick starting on the NE offense is Stephen Jackson, who was a last minute pick up off the scrap heap....amazing~
I do not like him one bit but Belichicken maybe the best coach in the history of the NFL.
I want to see Arizona beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, those are my picks.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote: I do not like him one bit but Belichicken maybe the best coach in the history of the NFL.
I want to see Arizona beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, those are my picks.
Nope, not even close, Lombardi, Halas, Noll, Walsh, all better coaches then Bellichek, unless 4 Championships wins with two seperate cheating scandals somehow eclipses the same amount or more with zero cheating scandals.

I think, for whatever reason, that its going to be Panthers and Cardinals.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

BB is an incredible coach....if your standard involves logic and objective observation.

Brady really looks off today.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The Breeze wrote:BB is an incredible coach....if your standard involves logic and objective observation.

Agree on both counts.

Denver's D is playing tough ball. I like it!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Brady looks off partly because he's getting pressured so frequently. Also some triple Gronk coverage.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

The Breeze wrote:BB is an incredible coach....if your standard involves logic and objective observation.

He is a great coach, I completely a hundred percent agree.

But he isn't the best to ever live, there are coaches with the same amount of Championship success with two less cheating scandals.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:Brady looks off partly because he's getting pressured so frequently. Also some triple Gronk coverage.
Amen to that. The Broncos line is mauling them. Curious to see if they can adjust~
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Brady looks off partly because he's getting pressured so frequently. Also some triple Gronk coverage.
Brady isn't really brady when he's getting hit. Its one reason I could never consider him anywhere near the top 10 all time QBs. He wouldn't have been able to hang in a previous era.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Brady isn't really brady when he's getting hit. Its one reason I could never consider him anywhere near the top 10 all time QBs. He wouldn't have been able to hang in a previous era.
Idk about top 10, but I know in terms of top 5 he simply doesn't have the production.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Idk about top 10, but I know in terms of top 5 he simply doesn't have the production.
"production" is relative. Brady would have washed out if he played even just in the early 90s, let alone any time before that.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: "production" is relative. Brady would have washed out if he played even just in the early 90s, let alone any time before that.
Is production really relative? I mean, its thinking like that that got people calling Favre a top 5 QB of all time, I can see no better measure of where a player stacks up then what he actually accomplishes on the field.

At any rate, I somewhat agree, I think he might not have washed out completely, but I doubt he would be the player he is today.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Denver defense is going to win this game. At least I hope so. Sick of Brady and the Pats.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida