View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Down 1, Extra point or go for 2. 

Would you have gone for two?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6

 Down 1, Extra point or go for 2. 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3037
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
So, after the Packer game last night there has been discussion on some other forums about the idea of going for 2 when down by one instead of playing for the tie and going into OT. So what are your thoughts on this?

_________________
This space for rent.


Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:01 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3434
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
Raptorman wrote:
So, after the Packer game last night there has been discussion on some other forums about the idea of going for 2 when down by one instead of playing for the tie and going into OT. So what are your thoughts on this?



You kick the extra point, unless your kicker is Blair Walsh.


Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:29 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
If I had been AZ up 4 with 2 minutes left, I would have gone for it on fourth down and ended the game right there.

As for GB, they should have just snapped the ball and downed it on the conversion then jogged into the locker room. Woulda saved me some irritation.


Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:42 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
No.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:03 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11334
Location: California
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
Why not go for two ...jumbo protection with a TE doing a hook or cross pattern and run up the middle

its an extra point and it forces the other teams hand somewhat

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
jackal wrote:
Why not go for two ...jumbo protection with a TE doing a hook or cross pattern and run up the middle

its an extra point and it forces the other teams hand somewhat


Plenty of reasons not to go for two.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:52 am
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:
Why not go for two ...jumbo protection with a TE doing a hook or cross pattern and run up the middle

its an extra point and it forces the other teams hand somewhat


Plenty of reasons not to go for two.


Bet it'd still be easier to just get two yards?


Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:40 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Down 1, Extra point or go for 2.
Demi wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:
Why not go for two ...jumbo protection with a TE doing a hook or cross pattern and run up the middle

its an extra point and it forces the other teams hand somewhat


Plenty of reasons not to go for two.


Bet it'd still be easier to just get two yards?


No, not nessicarily. I would take my chances in over time almost every time

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.