View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Divisional playoff games. 
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Divisional playoff games.
Purple bruise wrote:
Mothman wrote:
I realize the weather conditions were a big factor in last week's Vikes/Panthers game but as I'm watching the Panthers destroy the Seahawks, I keep thinking, "this illustrates how far the Vikes still have to go".

I know every game and every matchup is different but that thought keeps popping into my head.

Did I miss the Viking/Panther game somehow :shock: :wink:
And so how did you feel when the Sea Hawks rallied back and nearly won the game. Maybe the Vikes do not have that far to go. :smilevike:

Maybe not... but I'm still waiting for them to convince me.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:03 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
Mothman wrote:
I realize the weather conditions were a big factor in last week's Vikes/Panthers game but as I'm watching the Panthers destroy the Seahawks, I keep thinking, "this illustrates how far the Vikes still have to go".

I know every game and every matchup is different but that thought keeps popping into my head.

And so how did you feel when the Sea Hawks rallied back and nearly won the game. Maybe the Vikes do not have that far to go. :smilevike:

Maybe not... but I'm still waiting for them to convince me.

The Vikings do still have a ways to go, but they are now building on a solid base. You get to that point in this game and improvements start being close to exponential. Their weaknesses are significant but each improvement is going to impact other aspects and that improvement will be mirrored and amplified at another position. They have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:08 am
Defensive Tackle

fiestavike wrote:
The Vikings do still have a ways to go, but they are now building on a solid base. You get to that point in this game and improvements start being close to exponential. Their weaknesses are significant but each improvement is going to impact other aspects and that improvement will be mirrored and amplified at another position. They have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close.

I see what you mean. they definitely have a strong, young base on defense. I'm not so sure about the offense.

I see them as a team on the brink of taking that next big step forward or falling back again, which is basically another way of saying "they have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close". :) They've been in this spot many times but they've rarely taken that next big step. Hopefully, this time they'll keep building in the right direction.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 am
Packers Suck

Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Whatever the Cardinals know they cant win a SB, they will never win one ever.

Jordysghost wrote:
Arians is an awful coach, to need blatantly incorrect calls to barely edge out a Packers team with there top 3 WRs out, just pathetic.

What a bad coach and bad franchise, they will never win a SB.

Jordysghost wrote:
Ive never seen such a a terrible coaching job then by the Cards last night, just a worthless organisation from top to bottom, even with all that talent stockpiled from terrible seasons giving them high picks.

Jordysghost wrote:
Oh well, still rather be a Packers fan then a Cardinals fan, any time any place any week, they are simply a mediocre franchise with nothing to be remotely proud of.

Jordysghost wrote:
Our coaching staff is so much better it is ridiculous, that is why they need a blatant terrible call to hand them the game, there coaches are just to pathetic to take advantage of us having our top 3 WRs out.

Jordysghost wrote:
Im somewhat relieved to know tbat AZ quite clearly isn't good enough to make this win mean something, I wouldn't take Arians as my #### quality control assistant, what a terrible job he did last night.

Cardinals coaching staff did a terrible job, 3 starting GB WRs out and spotted 7 on an blown call and they somehow let it go to OT, that was my point.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:47 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Larry never established possession so the steps don't matter, the rule is the rule is the rule.

Yea, I get it, you loved how the refs handed ARI the win with an indisputably blatant uncalled penalty, rah rah.

Janis did establish possession, with his left hand, far more then Larry, but even if he didn't, it doesn't matter because the ball didn't touch the ground, there isn't even an argument for that not being a catch.

Again, what a worthless coach Arians must be to need all that to barely beat the Packers without there top 3 WRs, completely and utterly mediocre.

Look at the bright side, you've got a whole list of complaints to add to the Fail Mary. The Fail Larry. The (coin) Flip Nary. The Mike Carey. The Tip Scary. The PI? Very!

Sometimes it just comes down to a coin toss. R-E-L-A-X.

Yup, the Tip call was the difference though.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:48 am
Packers Suck

Purple bruise wrote:
Mothman wrote:

No those is a game if matchups, who knows if Blair made the kick you might have been able to beat the Panthers, I don't find any of the playoff teams to be head and shoulders above the rest in the NFC.

Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:
Jared Allen with a broken foot.

Denver has no interest in catching Peyton's passes today. 6 drops already a 10-year postseason record

Man, that sucks for Allen alot.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:50 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

I see what you mean. they definitely have a strong, young base on defense. I'm not so sure about the offense.

I see them as a team on the brink of taking that next big step forward or falling back again, which is basically another way of saying "they have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close". :) They've been in this spot many times but they've rarely taken that next big step. Hopefully, this time they'll keep building in the right direction.

There are more glaring gaps on the offensive side of the ball to be sure. If they don't address them they'll be stuck where they are.

Some keys that will be interesting to watch.
FA and draft obviously. More interestingly and probably more tellingly, development of young players and Oline coaching. If Sparano can get elevated play out of even one or two of Fusco, Easton, Sirles, Harris, Clemmings, Shephard, Bykowski, etc that would be HUGE. How do McKinnon, Diggs, Bridgewater, Pruitt, Line etc progress?

I don't know or really care about win totals, but I would be willing to bet the Vikings will be a better team next year than they were this year...and they were a really solid overall team this year.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:52 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Larry never established possession so the steps don't matter, the rule is the rule is the rule.

Yea, I get it, you loved how the refs handed ARI the win with an indisputably blatant uncalled penalty, rah rah.

Janis did establish possession, with his left hand, far more then Larry, but even if he didn't, it doesn't matter because the ball didn't touch the ground, there isn't even an argument for that not being a catch.

Again, what a worthless coach Arians must be to need all that to barely beat the Packers without there top 3 WRs, completely and utterly mediocre.

Look at the bright side, you've got a whole list of complaints to add to the Fail Mary. The Fail Larry. The (coin) Flip Nary. The Mike Carey. The Tip Scary. The PI? Very!

Sometimes it just comes down to a coin toss. R-E-L-A-X.

Yup, the Tip call was the difference though.

Rodgers seemed to think it was the coin toss. :confused:

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:55 am
Packers Suck

I didn't like the coin toss but in a game that goes to OT a free 7 points is obviously pretty critical.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:58 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
I didn't like the coin toss but in a game that goes to OT a free 7 points is obviously pretty critical.

As a Packers fan, I'm certain that you know how critical a free 7 points can be to your team's success. Its considerably harder to win without it. :v):

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

As a Packers fan, I'm certain that you know how critical a free 7 points can be to your team's success. Its considerably harder to win without it. :v):

Yea your right, that incorrectly blown whistle on Thanksgiving Night that docked the Packers the game winning Touchdown was pretty critical I cant deny.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:08 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea your right, that incorrectly blown whistle on Thanksgiving Night that docked the Packers the game winning Touchdown was pretty critical I cant deny.

And don't forget about the fail mary!

If it wasn't for luck, Mike McCarthy would win every game.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:11 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

And don't forget about the fail mary!

If it wasn't for luck, Mike McCarthy would win every game.

Damn straight! :D

As to your second comment? Well idk about that, but I certainly have no qualms with him after the other night, that was a great coaching effort to force OT with a team as talented as the Cardinals without our top 3 WRs.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:

As to your second comment? Well idk about that, but I certainly have no qualms with him after the other night, that was a great coaching effort to force OT with a team as talented as the Cardinals without our top 3 WRs.

The big slug certainly knows how to teach his guys to hold and get away with it.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:16 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

The big slug certainly knows how to teach his guys to hold and get away with it.

Arians? Comon now, I know the holding on the near sack in OT was aggregious but it is no reason to call the guy names.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Arians? Comon now, I know the holding on the near sack in OT was aggregious but it is no reason to call the guy names.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:38 am
Packers Suck

That is disturbing.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
That is disturbing.

the resemblance is uncanny!

Take a look at this picture of Jabba the Hut and compare it to the one above of Mike McCarthy.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 pm
Packers Suck

Thats more disturbing then the Vikings letting brownie the elf do the postgame pressers this year.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5