Wild Card Week notes

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by fiestavike »

Vontaze Defect is revolting. The expression on his face after that pick was a greater offense than the hit on Brown. What a disgrace.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

All Hill had to do was not fumble the ball. Then out of control players sunk their ship.
But also hate when the coaches go to a prevent defense. And let the teams move right down the field.
I also question some of the officiating....

Another thought will Big Ben and Brown be able to play againest Denver? If not that would hurt.

Right now in the playoffs, the Chiefs is a dark horse but they just keep winning.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

What a catch by Jordan Reed.

It is weird to watch a game where the defense isn't on the QB immidiately after the play starts. I am convinced that with a better, heck, even a slightly below average OL, the Vikings would have won more games. Speilman has his work cut out for him to improve the OL this offseason. I will be very disappointed if they don't draft one OL with two of their three picks.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:What a catch by Jordan Reed.

It is weird to watch a game where the defense isn't on the QB immidiately after the play starts. I am convinced that with a better, heck, even a slightly below average OL, the Vikings would have won more games. Speilman has his work cut out for him to improve the OL this offseason. I will be very disappointed if they don't draft one OL with two of their three picks.
Totally agree.

As a side note, I am surprised the NFL hasn't cracked down on Reed's celebration with the pantomime chambering of a round and firing it off after every first down. Are they just so clueless they don't even know what he is doing? Its hard to imagine they would allow that with their image problems.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote: Totally agree.

As a side note, I am surprised the NFL hasn't cracked down on Reed's celebration with the pantomime chambering of a round and firing it off after every first down. Are they just so clueless they don't even know what he is doing? Its hard to imagine they would allow that with their image problems.
I hate all of the celebrations after making a first down. Save it for a SCORING play.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I hate all of the celebrations after making a first down. Save it for a SCORING play.
I even hate it for a scoring play! :) I'm just surprised they haven't cracked down on that PARTICULAR celebration, with its totally unPC nature.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins