Wild Card Week notes

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by fiestavike » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 am

Vontaze Defect is revolting. The expression on his face after that pick was a greater offense than the hit on Brown. What a disgrace.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1767
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by halfgiz » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 am

All Hill had to do was not fumble the ball. Then out of control players sunk their ship.
But also hate when the coaches go to a prevent defense. And let the teams move right down the field.
I also question some of the officiating....

Another thought will Big Ben and Brown be able to play againest Denver? If not that would hurt.

Right now in the playoffs, the Chiefs is a dark horse but they just keep winning.

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18398
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:28 pm

What a catch by Jordan Reed.

It is weird to watch a game where the defense isn't on the QB immidiately after the play starts. I am convinced that with a better, heck, even a slightly below average OL, the Vikings would have won more games. Speilman has his work cut out for him to improve the OL this offseason. I will be very disappointed if they don't draft one OL with two of their three picks.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by fiestavike » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:42 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:What a catch by Jordan Reed.

It is weird to watch a game where the defense isn't on the QB immidiately after the play starts. I am convinced that with a better, heck, even a slightly below average OL, the Vikings would have won more games. Speilman has his work cut out for him to improve the OL this offseason. I will be very disappointed if they don't draft one OL with two of their three picks.
Totally agree.

As a side note, I am surprised the NFL hasn't cracked down on Reed's celebration with the pantomime chambering of a round and firing it off after every first down. Are they just so clueless they don't even know what he is doing? Its hard to imagine they would allow that with their image problems.

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18398
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 pm

fiestavike wrote: Totally agree.

As a side note, I am surprised the NFL hasn't cracked down on Reed's celebration with the pantomime chambering of a round and firing it off after every first down. Are they just so clueless they don't even know what he is doing? Its hard to imagine they would allow that with their image problems.
I hate all of the celebrations after making a first down. Save it for a SCORING play.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Wild Card Week notes

Post by fiestavike » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:00 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote: I hate all of the celebrations after making a first down. Save it for a SCORING play.
I even hate it for a scoring play! :) I'm just surprised they haven't cracked down on that PARTICULAR celebration, with its totally unPC nature.

Post Reply