View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Notable 2016 Offseason Moves 
Commissioner

Post Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves
Lions signed Marvin Jones

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Lions signed Marvin Jones

And paid him a LOT! wow...

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:46 pm
Commissioner

Texans signed OG Jeff Allen

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:33 pm
Commissioner

Bears signed Danny Trevtahan. Crap. I was kinda looking at him.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:39 pm
Commissioner

Falcons signed C Alex Mack

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:19 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
I'm told OT Mitchell Schwartz has agreed in principle to a deal with the #Chiefs.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:22 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Sources indicate that #Bears have plans to move Kyle Long back to guard. FA would help dictate that, and now OT Bobby Massie to sign.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Saints Agree to Terms on a 5-year deal with TE Coby Fleener

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:51 pm
Commissioner

Adam Jones back to Cincinnati on a 3-year deal.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:22 pm
Strong Safety

Looks like Jacksonville and Houston made some deep moves to compete with the Patriots, Denver and Kansas City

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:34 am
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Looks like Jacksonville and Houston made some deep moves to compete with the Patriots, Denver and Kansas City

Lmao, in their dreams maybe.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:31 am
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:

Honestly. How often do the top spenders in free agency really make that much of an improvement?

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27 pm
Packers Suck

Demi wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:

Honestly. How often do the top spenders in free agency really make that much of an improvement?

Not often, using FA aggressively rarely works, and even when it does, it levels the cap down the road.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 am
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
Demi wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
[quote="jackal"]Looks like Jacksonville and Houston made some deep moves to compete with the Patriots, Denver and Kansas City

Not often, using FA aggressively rarely works, and even when it does, it levels the cap down the road.[/quote]

Will be interesting to watch the Raiders' season. Pundits are slobbering over their offseason. It's odd...many of them criticizing teams for lavish spending yet some of the same are praising McKenzie. On paper they are looking pretty formidable, though. And they may end up with Weddle, too.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:46 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Denver traded for Mark Sanchez. I always thought he was underrated. He took the Jets to the AFC Championship game a few times and almost won them.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
Will be interesting to watch the Raiders' season. Pundits are slobbering over their offseason. It's odd...many of them criticizing teams for lavish spending yet some of the same are praising McKenzie. On paper they are looking pretty formidable, though. And they may end up with Weddle, too.

It kinda reminds me of the 2009 Vikings... lots of talented veterans, and a few good young players too. I think they are trying to drum up interest in the Bay Area so that they will (hopefully for them) get a new stadium (similar to the 2009 Vikings).

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

Weddle to Baltimore

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:58 pm
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.

His statement is pretty non commital as far as retirement goes, but he has made it clear he will not return for this upcoming season.

Eh. Whatevs, I was hoping we would sign pot roast instead of Raji anyway.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:19 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Jordysghost wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Quote:

His statement is pretty non commital as far as retirement goes, but he has made it clear he will not return for this upcoming season.

Eh. Whatevs, I was hoping we would sign pot roast instead of Raji anyway.

Did he say why?

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Strong Safety

Quote:
Did he say why?

I was watching NFL network and one of the guys said Raji and Ted Thompson have been butting heads on
one year deals for a while. I think he sees other guys getting huge multi year deals and is frustrated. Taking
a year I don't think is going to help him get a huge deal.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:39 am
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:
Did he say why?

I was watching NFL network and one of the guys said Raji and Ted Thompson have been butting heads on
one year deals for a while. I think he sees other guys getting huge multi year deals and is frustrated. Taking
a year I don't think is going to help him get a huge deal.

Uh, idk though.

His statement on Packers.com makes it sound as if he simply isn't all in for football, he said he didn't think he could consistently give it his his fullest out there for this season.

Raji should know he has been too inconsistent for a multi year deal up until this point, I guess he may have been hoping last year could net him one.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:27 am
Packers Suck

Apparently Raji turned down a multi year deal from both Green Bay, and several other playoff teams.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:10 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
Apparently Raji turned down a multi year deal from both Green Bay, and several other playoff teams.

I've heard from a few other former Packers that GB and Mike McCarthy just take the joy out of football, so maybe that's what happened. :confused:

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 am
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

I've heard from a few other former Packers that GB and Mike McCarthy just take the joy out of football, so maybe that's what happened. :confused:

I heard on SiriusXM it was a "family issue"

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Consistent success doesn't tend to be joyless.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:06 am
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

I heard on SiriusXM it was a "family issue"

Yea, he mentioned his Aunt and Moms health I think in his statement, but it appears to be a multitude of things.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:07 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

I'm not sure how strong that correlation is.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:12 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

I'm not sure how strong that correlation is.

The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:

The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?

Consistent success and joy.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next