Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by S197 »

SF taking a second swipe at the "innovative yet abrasive big name collegiate coach" because... it worked out so well the first time? :gone:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Pederson is new Eagles HC
Poor Iggles fans, this is like the groundhog of the NFL. Two more years of misery!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: I would too... and I'm somewhat surprised that SF would hire him after that.
They're kind of at ground zero. The cupboard is already bare and the only thing they have to hold onto is the possibility that their system QB can regain his form in a system designed around his abilities.

To me, its kind of a 'why not' moment for them.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Source: #Ravens to hire Leslie Frazier to fix secondary espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id… #vikings #bucs
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I don't know how much "fixing" he'll do. I guess he's not calling the plays though as he's just the secondary coach, so maybe that's a better fit for him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:
LMAO... How far the Ravens have fallen in three years. Yikes.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Remember how great that was going to be, between him and the guy he hired to be our DC who was also a secondary guru? :rofl:

Worked well for Lovie after that too.

:flamed:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ead-coach/

Titans announce hiring of Mike Mularkey as head coach
The signs were pointing toward Mike Mularkey dropping the interim part of his interim head coach title in Tennessee since the end of the season and the Titans confirmed it on Saturday.

The team announced that Mularkey has been hired as the team’s permanent head coach after formally interviewing for the job on Friday. The team also interviewed Doug Marrone, Teryl Austin and their defensive coordinator Ray Horton for the position after hiring Jon Robinson as their new General Manager earlier in the week.
What is wrong with these owners? How do people who manage to make it to the level of buying an NFL team do so horribly when it comes to hiring a coach? They trust an incompetent GM? They just don't really care?

See you in 2 or 3 years when they're hiring someone who might work out. :shock:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ead-coach/

Titans announce hiring of Mike Mularkey as head coach
What is wrong with these owners? How do people who manage to make it to the level of buying an NFL team do so horribly when it comes to hiring a coach? They trust an incompetent GM? They just don't really care?

See you in 2 or 3 years when they're hiring someone who might work out. :shock:
What is weird is how some of these idiots get chance after chance, but Brad Childress, who nearly got to the Super Bowl by building his team, has not even been interviewed for a HC job. Not that I am advocating him in any way, but honestly, if I had only Childress and Mularkey to choose from, I would probably sell my team (joke)... I would probably choose Childress.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Crax wrote:I don't know how much "fixing" he'll do. I guess he's not calling the plays though as he's just the secondary coach, so maybe that's a better fit for him.
Since we signed White to a future contract looks like Robison could be the odd man out.
I was reading White and Captain previously played together and was a decent tandem.

Frazier could maybe pick Robison up. :whistle:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

5 things to know about Melvin White.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/F ... 431b9095dc
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Anyone else have a hearty laugh at the Seahag's missed FG?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the league will institute a "Rooney Rule" for executive positions for women.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:
It seems like more political posturing to me but maybe it will do some good. Get ready for those token interviews, ladies!

Maybe I'm being too cynical. :)
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote: It seems like more political posturing to me but maybe it will do some good. Get ready for those token interviews, ladies!

Maybe I'm being too cynical. :)
I don't know about cynical, but I'm fairly skeptical that forcing interviews will generate women getting hired for those positions. Maybe.
-
On a sidenote I just caught a PBS interview about a book(A Broad Influence) that follows the effects of women in the politcal environment. The author was describing a phenomenon of when a work environment has 2-3 females only, they do not tend to work well together and treat eachother in very adverserial fashion, threatened by one another. When it was 4 or more they were much more tolerant and sisterly at work.
I'd assume that if roles were reversed and women dominated the workplace, men would probably behave in similar fashion to one another?
Kinda interesting...and weird.