Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:LA released James Laurinaitis.. I don't know much about him... would he be good on our defense? I know he has had some good seasons.
Probably. He's a solid MLB that is pretty durable. I'm guessing he has a few good seasons left but he does have a lot of miles on his tires and I believe approaching 30. He did struggle this past year, though.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by jackal »

He is a beast inside I wouldn't mind if the Vikings made a move for him

I am guessing that would be BarrOLB Larunetis(sp) MLB Kendricks OLB
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Depending on his market value, I can see him being a nice pickup. That gives us depth and experience while stimulating competition, and as we saw last year, you can never have too many LBs.

I like he move for us, but I don't think it would be a wise move for him. But hey, if he doesn't feel great about his starting chances anywhere else, I could see him chasing a ring with the hometown team.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:Depending on his market value, I can see him being a nice pickup. That gives us depth and experience while stimulating competition, and as we saw last year, you can never have too many LBs.

I like he move for us, but I don't think it would be a wise move for him. But hey, if he doesn't feel great about his starting chances anywhere else, I could see him chasing a ring with the hometown team.
He is from MN, so it could aid his decision. I wonder what he would command in the FA market.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Lauranitis is one of those 'I know his name, so lets sign him!' type of deals.

If you can get a him extremely cheap then yea take a flyer on him, but otherwise, a guy who's potential topped out at AJ Hawk 2.0, and has had his numbers on steady decline for the last 3 years, and was just cut isn't very attractive a prospect.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

No thanks. We need to get younger and faster. Not older and slower. We already have one LB who struggles to run down plays and cover...
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't think he is a coverage backer but I think he is similar to Hodges....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Bills are expected to Tag Glenn the LT I wanted us to pick up in FA over Kalil
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:The Bills are expected to Tag Glenn the LT I wanted us to pick up in FA over Kalil
Glen would be a huge deal and cap hit.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Glen would be a huge deal and cap hit.
If he is tagged it really wouldn't matter but given the cuts including Kalil how is going to make over 11 million
next season it wouldn't be a problem.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cordy Glenn - T - Bills

Bills signed franchise player LT Cordy Glenn to a one-year, $13.706 million contract.

As expected. The two sides now have until July 15 to agree on a long-term deal. Even with next to no cap space, the Bills couldn't risk losing Glenn on the open market.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Mar 4 - 3:17 PM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I was hoping we could get Glenn he is so much better than Kalil and only a little more money...

Hopefully slick rick and company get us a better OL .. well see
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

RGIII just got released-how do you think the Redskins are going to feel when he becomes the next Rams QB?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell have both been informed they are being traded to the #Dolphins, pending physicals, source said. It's happening