Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Will be interesting to watch the Raiders' season. Pundits are slobbering over their offseason. It's odd...many of them criticizing teams for lavish spending yet some of the same are praising McKenzie. On paper they are looking pretty formidable, though. And they may end up with Weddle, too.
It kinda reminds me of the 2009 Vikings... lots of talented veterans, and a few good young players too. I think they are trying to drum up interest in the Bay Area so that they will (hopefully for them) get a new stadium (similar to the 2009 Vikings).
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Weddle to Baltimore
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:
His statement is pretty non commital as far as retirement goes, but he has made it clear he will not return for this upcoming season.

Eh. Whatevs, I was hoping we would sign pot roast instead of Raji anyway.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote: His statement is pretty non commital as far as retirement goes, but he has made it clear he will not return for this upcoming season.

Eh. Whatevs, I was hoping we would sign pot roast instead of Raji anyway.
Did he say why?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Did he say why?
I was watching NFL network and one of the guys said Raji and Ted Thompson have been butting heads on
one year deals for a while. I think he sees other guys getting huge multi year deals and is frustrated. Taking
a year I don't think is going to help him get a huge deal.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: I was watching NFL network and one of the guys said Raji and Ted Thompson have been butting heads on
one year deals for a while. I think he sees other guys getting huge multi year deals and is frustrated. Taking
a year I don't think is going to help him get a huge deal.
Uh, idk though.

His statement on Packers.com makes it sound as if he simply isn't all in for football, he said he didn't think he could consistently give it his his fullest out there for this season.

Raji should know he has been too inconsistent for a multi year deal up until this point, I guess he may have been hoping last year could net him one.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Apparently Raji turned down a multi year deal from both Green Bay, and several other playoff teams.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:Apparently Raji turned down a multi year deal from both Green Bay, and several other playoff teams.
I've heard from a few other former Packers that GB and Mike McCarthy just take the joy out of football, so maybe that's what happened. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: I've heard from a few other former Packers that GB and Mike McCarthy just take the joy out of football, so maybe that's what happened. :confused:
I heard on SiriusXM it was a "family issue"
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: I've heard from a few other former Packers that GB and Mike McCarthy just take the joy out of football, so maybe that's what happened. :confused:
Consistent success doesn't tend to be joyless.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: I heard on SiriusXM it was a "family issue"
Yea, he mentioned his Aunt and Moms health I think in his statement, but it appears to be a multitude of things.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Consistent success doesn't tend to be joyless.
I'm not sure how strong that correlation is.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: I'm not sure how strong that correlation is.
The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?
Consistent success and joy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins