Chip Kelly fired

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Chip Kelly fired

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Good for the Eagles. He came in like a bigot and tried to rule the world, which can't happen in the NFL. I hope he doesn't gwt another job, but i am sure someone will give him a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Chip Kelly fired

Post by The Breeze »

Just saw this. I imagine Tennesse is an obvious candidate.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

The Breeze wrote:Just saw this. I imagine Tennesse is an obvious candidate.
No, my guess will be that he heads back to a college HC position.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The guy wanted to be in charge of everything, and didn't adapt his game to the pro's.

He seemed to have a terrible relationship with players and many talented guys left and none of the guys he brought in
did not performed in his system. They were getting destroyed, and players were starting to refuse to take the field in games.
Last week Jason Peters OT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWe0LrM6uvE

Fan reaction (a ton of F bombs)

The fans were ready to have a riot and leaving games in mass ...

When it comes down to it no fans, no players...what are the Eagles going to do with Kelly?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Purple bruise wrote: No, my guess will be that he heads back to a college HC position.
I agree. I have heard tge SEC mentioned, but that division doesnt play that style. Plus, most of the vacancies are filled now across the country, are they not?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I think the Titans would be crazy to not talk with him. He had 2 10 win seasons in 3 yrs....plus I think his ego is big enough to want to prove his critics wrong about his NFL ability.
I hope he stays in the pros.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

No surprise here. He put his system ahead of talent.

Big-ego college coaches rarely make it in the NFL. This league has a way of humbling the proud.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Kind of surprised me they fired him before black Monday. Things must have been a lot worse behind the scenes.
Probably go to the Saints get rid of Dree Breeze and replace him with RG3 :rofl: :rofl:

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. The Eagles give him to much power and it was his downfall.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:Kind of surprised me they fired him before black Monday. Things must have been a lot worse behind the scenes.
Probably go to the Saints get rid of Dree Breeze and replace him with RG3 :rofl: :rofl:

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. The Eagles give him to much power and it was his downfall.

When will teams learn that it doesn't work to give one person tha tmuch power? I can see for someone like Belichick or maybe McCarthy or Tomlin who have proven that they can sustain success, but to a new guy like Chip Kelly or Brad Childress, it is playing with an awful lot of fire.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I think a big problem (aside from the interpersonal and hubris) was the inability to find a quarterback to run his system. That Oregon system necessitates a certain skillset. I'd be interested in seeing if he goes to the Titans where he has a quarterback that he knows can do everything he wants (and well). I think it's probably wise he doesn't want full control at his next stop. Probably makes him more attractive as a candidate, too.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I wonder if he would be willing to step down to an OC position.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I wonder if he would be willing to step down to an OC position.
I doubt it at this point. He'd probably go back to the collage ranks (even if he has to take a year off) before that.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly