Joey Harrington looks back

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Joey Harrington looks back

Post by jackal »

https://thecauldron.si.com/despite-what ... .nth7cykqu

interesting article from a player on his career...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Joey Harrington looks back

Post by DK Sweets »

Interesting read. He seems like a really level-headed guy. Thanks for sharing.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Thanks for posting that ,Ken.
Very candid piece. I often think there are guys who are too 'sane' to play in the NFL in spite of their talent. Robert Smith, Jake Plummer, the kid (lb) who quit the niners this year...etc
I felt Harrington's NFL story sounded very similar to Ponder. I imagine it happens to lotsa guys when confidence is lost and the body gets crushed.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I felt Harrington's NFL story sounded very similar to Ponder. I imagine it happens to lots of guys when confidence is lost and the body gets crushed.
Its funny I watched Ponder in ESPN sports science thing and he looks like a world class talent...

He scored very, very high on his wonder lick test...IMO Ponder failed for two reasons he got thrown in two early and
he didn't really love the game. He would come over and sit on the bench and seemed to pout..The players didn't real
seem to be in his corner either. I think QB's are the hardest spot for anyone to come in and learn. I don't hate Ponder, but
I wish someone else would have drafted him. The guy has a pretty wife, and a good life ahead of him IMO.

In terms of Harrington I was surprised he spoke so highly of the GM .. He curtailed it the mooch came out looking the a worm
somewhat. Harrington did say he was trying to save his job though. I respect him for his honesty and attitude.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

probably explains why mariucci never got another job.