View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2016 free agent players. Who do you like? 
Author Message
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm
Posts: 62
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
dead_poet wrote:
Hmm.... (he is only 5'11 though...)

Walter Thurmond III - DB - Eagles

Impending free agent S/CB Walter Thurmond does not expect to be back with the Eagles.

"They only have $17 million in cap space," Thurmond said. "Economically it doesn’t make sense for them. I would love to be here. I love playing here. But that’s the way it is." Thurmond excelled in his first season as a safety, racking up 71 tackles, three interceptions and a fumble recovery which probably should have been ruled an interception. More importantly, Thurmond played 16 games for the first time in his career. Hybrid S/CBs are of growing importance in the NFL, and Thurmond showed he could play the position well. He should have plenty of interest.
Source: Delco Times


He'll be a risky signing for whoever lands him. They'll be paying for the outlier-- his only healthy season to date, his only season as a starter to date, and his only season as a safety to date. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to fail, but it profiles as a move with a potentially low, low floor.

Rashad Johnson is another safety set to hit the market who's interesting. Very capable. A little older, but should be relatively inexpensive. Might be a more reasonable stop gap than Weddle while they develop someone. I love Weddle, but I'm not sold on investing THAT much money at safety, what with a big extension coming up for Smith.


Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:34 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23094
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Banquo wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Hmm.... (he is only 5'11 though...)

Walter Thurmond III - DB - Eagles

Impending free agent S/CB Walter Thurmond does not expect to be back with the Eagles.

"They only have $17 million in cap space," Thurmond said. "Economically it doesn’t make sense for them. I would love to be here. I love playing here. But that’s the way it is." Thurmond excelled in his first season as a safety, racking up 71 tackles, three interceptions and a fumble recovery which probably should have been ruled an interception. More importantly, Thurmond played 16 games for the first time in his career. Hybrid S/CBs are of growing importance in the NFL, and Thurmond showed he could play the position well. He should have plenty of interest.
Source: Delco Times


He'll be a risky signing for whoever lands him. They'll be paying for the outlier-- his only healthy season to date, his only season as a starter to date, and his only season as a safety to date. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to fail, but it profiles as a move with a potentially low, low floor.

Rashad Johnson is another safety set to hit the market who's interesting. Very capable. A little older, but should be relatively inexpensive. Might be a more reasonable stop gap than Weddle while they develop someone. I love Weddle, but I'm not sold on investing THAT much money at safety, what with a big extension coming up for Smith.


I'm not sold on Johnson. He can be opportunistic but from what I've seen he's very hot and cold and can be burned pretty easily. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be over, say, Harris. What do you think about Gipson or George Iloka? The latter I'm most interested in. He's dealt with some injuries this season but had a pretty excellent 2014 (not too bad 2015 either). I would think his ties to Zimmer can only help (IF he makes it to free agency).

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:42 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm
Posts: 62
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
dead_poet wrote:
Banquo wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Hmm.... (he is only 5'11 though...)

Walter Thurmond III - DB - Eagles

Impending free agent S/CB Walter Thurmond does not expect to be back with the Eagles.

"They only have $17 million in cap space," Thurmond said. "Economically it doesn’t make sense for them. I would love to be here. I love playing here. But that’s the way it is." Thurmond excelled in his first season as a safety, racking up 71 tackles, three interceptions and a fumble recovery which probably should have been ruled an interception. More importantly, Thurmond played 16 games for the first time in his career. Hybrid S/CBs are of growing importance in the NFL, and Thurmond showed he could play the position well. He should have plenty of interest.
Source: Delco Times


He'll be a risky signing for whoever lands him. They'll be paying for the outlier-- his only healthy season to date, his only season as a starter to date, and his only season as a safety to date. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to fail, but it profiles as a move with a potentially low, low floor.

Rashad Johnson is another safety set to hit the market who's interesting. Very capable. A little older, but should be relatively inexpensive. Might be a more reasonable stop gap than Weddle while they develop someone. I love Weddle, but I'm not sold on investing THAT much money at safety, what with a big extension coming up for Smith.


I'm not sold on Johnson. He can be opportunistic but from what I've seen he's very hot and cold and can be burned pretty easily. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be over, say, Harris. What do you think about Gipson or George Iloka? The latter I'm most interested in. He's dealt with some injuries this season but had a pretty excellent 2014 (not too bad 2015 either). I would think his ties to Zimmer can only help (IF he makes it to free agency).


Iloka would be an ideal acquisition, but I think he'll cost. He's a pretty capable player and he's young.


Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
What are the chances Eric Weddle has interest in playing here?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23094
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
PurpleMustReign wrote:
What are the chances Eric Weddle has interest in playing here?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


Probably pretty good if the money is right. I have a sneaking suspicion the Vikings will pay Harrison Smith and look to fill the other spot via the draft or perhaps Harris or Newman, who will be cheaper.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
What are the chances Eric Weddle has interest in playing here?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


Probably pretty good if the money is right. I have a sneaking suspicion the Vikings will pay Harrison Smith and look to fill the other spot via the draft or perhaps Harris or Newman, who will be cheaper.


I think that Newman would fill in as a nice stopgap as Woodson transitioned with the Raiders. Anyone would be better than Suckdejo :puke:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:31 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
here's a list of pff's 2016 top offensive free agents. glenn and osemele stick out to me. i'd have no issue if we ponied up and brought one of them in to be our left tackle for the future and moved on from kalil.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ee-agency/


Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:19 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm
Posts: 165
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
With no preconceived notions or biases for or against anybody (but for the Vikings to be the best, regardless), it was at the end of our last match against the Bears that I noticed Bridgewater talking to Jeffery on the field, and I had an uncontrollable tingling sensation overtake me for a moment. Could have been nothing though. :whistle:

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
purpletinted66 wrote:
With no preconceived notions or biases for or against anybody (but for the Vikings to be the best, regardless), it was at the end of our last match against the Bears that I noticed Bridgewater talking to Jeffery on the field, and I had an uncontrollable tingling sensation overtake me for a moment. Could have been nothing though. :whistle:


Oh man, I hope not.

I would be elated to get Alshon Jeffrey over in GB, it would be so beautiful.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Jordysghost wrote:
purpletinted66 wrote:
With no preconceived notions or biases for or against anybody (but for the Vikings to be the best, regardless), it was at the end of our last match against the Bears that I noticed Bridgewater talking to Jeffery on the field, and I had an uncontrollable tingling sensation overtake me for a moment. Could have been nothing though. :whistle:


Oh man, I hope not.

I would be elated to get Alshon Jeffrey over in GB, it would be so beautiful.


Rodgers would probably alienate him and end up making another enemy...


Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
purpletinted66 wrote:
With no preconceived notions or biases for or against anybody (but for the Vikings to be the best, regardless), it was at the end of our last match against the Bears that I noticed Bridgewater talking to Jeffery on the field, and I had an uncontrollable tingling sensation overtake me for a moment. Could have been nothing though. :whistle:


Oh man, I hope not.

I would be elated to get Alshon Jeffrey over in GB, it would be so beautiful.


Rodgers would probably alienate him and end up making another enemy...


When has that ever happened?

Are you saying that because of Jennings #### fit? He is litterally the only player I ever heard talk crap about Rodgers, Ever.

Rodgers would make an HOFer out of Alshon, it would be a pleasure to watch those two play, but unfortunately TT would just lowball him until he is too offended to sign here. (Sigh)

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:01 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Jordysghost wrote:

When has that ever happened?

Are you saying that because of Jennings #### fit? He is litterally the only player I ever heard talk crap about Rodgers, Ever.

Rodgers would make an HOFer out of Alshon, it would be a pleasure to watch those two play, but unfortunately TT would just lowball him until he is too offended to sign here. (Sigh)


Its obvious that nobody likes Rodgers. He's a real cold fish and a jerk.


Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

When has that ever happened?

Are you saying that because of Jennings #### fit? He is litterally the only player I ever heard talk crap about Rodgers, Ever.

Rodgers would make an HOFer out of Alshon, it would be a pleasure to watch those two play, but unfortunately TT would just lowball him until he is too offended to sign here. (Sigh)


Its obvious that nobody likes Rodgers. He's a real cold fish and a jerk.


I think you are projecting your own personal feelings outwards, Rodgers is a great leader and a great teammate. The only one who ever had a problem with Rodgers was Jennings and that was more about Jennings ego and personal sense of worth.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:58 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

When has that ever happened?

Are you saying that because of Jennings #### fit? He is litterally the only player I ever heard talk crap about Rodgers, Ever.

Rodgers would make an HOFer out of Alshon, it would be a pleasure to watch those two play, but unfortunately TT would just lowball him until he is too offended to sign here. (Sigh)


Its obvious that nobody likes Rodgers. He's a real cold fish and a jerk.


I think you are projecting your own personal feelings outwards, Rodgers is a great leader and a great teammate. The only one who ever had a problem with Rodgers was Jennings and that was more about Jennings ego and personal sense of worth.


60 Minutes
Joe Buck
Brett Favre
Donald Driver
Cancer Lady
Nick Barnett
Greg Jennings
Heath Evans
Olivia Munn
Everyone watching him on TV
Kevin
Rodger's Brother

Nobody likes him! :wink: (I'm just having fun with you Jordy...in case that wasn't clear)


Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:00 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

Its obvious that nobody likes Rodgers. He's a real cold fish and a jerk.


I think you are projecting your own personal feelings outwards, Rodgers is a great leader and a great teammate. The only one who ever had a problem with Rodgers was Jennings and that was more about Jennings ego and personal sense of worth.


60 Minutes
Joe Buck
Brett Favre
Donald Driver
Cancer Lady
Nick Barnett
Greg Jennings
Heath Evans
Olivia Munn
Everyone watching him on TV
Kevin
Rodger's Brother

Nobody likes him! :wink: (I'm just having fun with you Jordy...in case that wasn't clear)


You had Favre, Jennings, and Kevin right at least!

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 pm
Profile
Online
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2287
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
slapnut19 wrote:
my top two targets would be eric weddle and kelechi osemele. weddle is 30 so it wouldn't be a long term deal, and would give younger guys like harris and exum more time to develop. osemele has played guard and tackle and would give us a physical monster we could play in several spots. give me those two and a wr in the first round and i'm good.


I'd add punter to this list and I'll be happy.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Jordysghost wrote:

You had Favre, Jennings, and Kevin right at least!


The rumor mill has Munn wanting out of her contract.


Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:12 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

You had Favre, Jennings, and Kevin right at least!


The rumor mill has Munn wanting out of her contract.


So did Gizelle. :shock:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:26 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-for-2016
Full list of top free agents.
Imagine Von Miller, Kendricks and Barr as the Vikes starting 3 linebackers. Dammmmmm that would be awesome :banana: :beerock: :thumbsup:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:59 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Purple bruise wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016
Full list of top free agents.
Imagine Von Miller, Kendricks and Barr as the Vikes starting 3 linebackers. Dammmmmm that would be awesome :banana: :beerock: :thumbsup:

I can't open the article on my phone... Is Miller a UFA?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016
Full list of top free agents.
Imagine Von Miller, Kendricks and Barr as the Vikes starting 3 linebackers. Dammmmmm that would be awesome :banana: :beerock: :thumbsup:

I can't open the article on my phone... Is Miller a UFA?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.


Yeah but they emphasize in the article Denver won't let him walk.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:35 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Cliff wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016
Full list of top free agents.
Imagine Von Miller, Kendricks and Barr as the Vikes starting 3 linebackers. Dammmmmm that would be awesome :banana: :beerock: :thumbsup:

I can't open the article on my phone... Is Miller a UFA?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.


Yeah but they emphasize in the article Denver won't let him walk.

Oh I know, just a PIPE DREAM. :ripple:

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:49 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6592
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Would anyone else here want the team to take a shot at Prince Amuakmara if Terrance doesn't come back?

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23094
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Would anyone else here want the team to take a shot at Prince Amuakmara if Terrance doesn't come back?


I would. I like his game. Unfortunately he can't seem to stay healthy. I'd probably make that gamble but I'm sure he'd want to be paid like a starter. I'm not sure we would be the highest bidder given that we already have Rhodes and Munnerlyn with Waynes presumably going to start next season. I'd be all for competition to see if Waynes can actually win the job outright between himself and Amuakmara.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:26 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
Cliff wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016
Full list of top free agents.
Imagine Von Miller, Kendricks and Barr as the Vikes starting 3 linebackers. Dammmmmm that would be awesome :banana: :beerock: :thumbsup:

I can't open the article on my phone... Is Miller a UFA?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.


Yeah but they emphasize in the article Denver won't let him walk.

GOD that would be sweet though. Wow... If you all were Spielman, would you try to make an offer he couldn't refuse?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
PurpleMustReign wrote:
GOD that would be sweet though. Wow... If you all were Spielman, would you try to make an offer he couldn't refuse?

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.


I'm not a fan of his character, and that colors my judgement. He would be interesting weapon for Zimmer, but I think I would shy away.


Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:52 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2016 free agent players. Who do you like?
dead_poet wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Would anyone else here want the team to take a shot at Prince Amuakmara if Terrance doesn't come back?


I would. I like his game. Unfortunately he can't seem to stay healthy. I'd probably make that gamble but I'm sure he'd want to be paid like a starter. I'm not sure we would be the highest bidder given that we already have Rhodes and Munnerlyn with Waynes presumably going to start next season. I'd be all for competition to see if Waynes can actually win the job outright between himself and Amuakmara.


Plus, how can someone named "Prince" not play for Minnesota??? 8)

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.