Around the League -- Week 14

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Around the League -- Week 14

Post by dead_poet »

Another one of those first-round rookie offensive linemen stepping right in and making a difference! /scarcasm.

Cameron Erving - C - Browns

The Browns have benched first-round rookie LG Cameron Erving, and Austin Pasztor will start in his place Week 14 against the 49ers.

Erving has made two starts and played heavy snaps the past three weeks. He had a low moment last week against the Bengals, getting absolutely annihilated by DT Geno Atkins, who welcomed Erving to the NFL by registering 13 combined QB hits and hurries. Pasztor has made 23 career starts.
Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter

I liked Erving a lot in the pre-draft process. I still think he has a bright future as the Browns' center after Mack leaves via FA after the season but it still goes to show you how difficult it is for rookie offensive linemen to succeed right away. Of course this is the Browns so there's a good chance this is the wrong move.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Around the League -- Week 14

Post by dead_poet »

In other news, DeMarco Murray may be benched/demoted; Terrelle Pryor has been signed by the Browns and might start...at receiver this weekend, Martellus Bennett placed on I.R. and might be done in Chicago (yey! he's tough to cover),
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

There are an incredible amount of injuries this season. This year, it seems like the healthiest team will be the Super Bowl winner... Carolina looking like the best bet right now.
Andy Dalton- out for the year
Thomas Rawls- out for the year
Andy Luck- not sure of return, and not they are behind the Texans for the AFC South

Hopefully the Vikings can enter the playoffs healthy and play some teams that have injury issues. Right now, it seems like Carolina, Green Bay, and Denver are in the best positions. If either of them play the Rams, they better protect their QB...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:There are an incredible amount of injuries this season. This year, it seems like the healthiest team will be the Super Bowl winner... Carolina looking like the best bet right now.
Andy Dalton- out for the year
Thomas Rawls- out for the year
Andy Luck- not sure of return, and not they are behind the Texans for the AFC South

Hopefully the Vikings can enter the playoffs healthy and play some teams that have injury issues. Right now, it seems like Carolina, Green Bay, and Denver are in the best positions. If either of them play the Rams, they better protect their QB...
GB is still banged up as ####. Several WRs and all starting O linemen nursing injuries that most had missed time for this season.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011