View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Lions-Packers TNF 
Author Message
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17490
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
S197 wrote:
In any case the lions are dumbasses anyway. How do you not put Megatron on the field on a Hail Mary play?


I never thought of that, good point.

And why are the three Defensive Linemen goingafter Rodgers rather than keeping him in the pocket? And why is the secondary looking at the WRs rather than for the ball?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Image


That very game, Griffen facemasked Rodgers on a sack with no call, all 3 should be called.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
That very game, Griffen facemasked Rodgers on a sack with no call, all 3 should be called.

Or possibly two of them. Point: the inconsistencies need to stop.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
That very game, Griffen facemasked Rodgers on a sack with no call, all 3 should be called.

Point: the inconsistencies need to stop.


This I agree with, but human error is human error, I just wish it wasn't ok for crews to have their own 'personalities'.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:25 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Image


This picture is really playing favirotes, I mean, his hand did at least touch his facemask (I think more then touch but that is not my point) this captioned pic trys to make it appear as if that was the closest he came to his facemask which simply isn't the case.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:27 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
That very game, Griffen facemasked Rodgers on a sack with no call, all 3 should be called.

Point: the inconsistencies need to stop.


This I agree with, but human error is human error, I just wish it wasn't ok for crews to have their own 'personalities'.


Yep. And last night's human error was about as ridiculous as that last defensive play by the Lions. Embarrassing.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:

This I agree with, but human error is human error, I just wish it wasn't ok for crews to have their own 'personalities'.


Yep. And last night's human error was about as ridiculous as that last defensive play by the Lions. Embarrassing.


Debatable, me and the VP of officiating think there was a slight jerk of the facemask on the lower bar (seriously ive watched the replay and don't see the confusion), but i've stated my opinion ad nauseam in this thread.

That no call on Abbredaris defender really pissed me off though, they really let those guys play our WRs down field, and it almost costed us the game, just like last time.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:35 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
Debatable.


Well, there's a start. #progress

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Debatable.


Well, there's a start. #progress


I understood the call was 'questionable' and I agree with that fact, it should be questioned, though I do think by the rules it was a good call, nevermind the idea that that it would 'usually be called' anyway.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:02 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Debatable.


Well, there's a start. #progress


I understood the call was 'questionable' and I agree with that fact, it should be questioned, though I do think by the rules it was a good call, nevermind the idea that that it would 'usually be called' anyway.


Well, congrats on being wrong, I guess. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Image

Enjoy your win* against Detroit. :govikes:

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Funkytown wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:

I understood the call was 'questionable' and I agree with that fact, it should be questioned, though I do think by the rules it was a good call, nevermind the idea that that it would 'usually be called' anyway.


Well, congrats on being wrong, I guess. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Image

Enjoy your win* against Detroit. :govikes:


Likewise! :) feels good to beat them after the refs took our win from us last time thanks to non called PIs and tried to do the same again, Ill enjoy this one for sure.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:16 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7673
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Image


This picture is really playing favirotes, I mean, his hand did at least touch his facemask (I think more then touch but that is not my point) this captioned pic trys to make it appear as if that was the closest he came to his facemask which simply isn't the case.


Show us the better picture and angle then troll boy.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:17 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Image


This picture is really playing favirotes, I mean, his hand did at least touch his facemask (I think more then touch but that is not my point) this captioned pic trys to make it appear as if that was the closest he came to his facemask which simply isn't the case.


Show us the better picture and angle then troll boy.


How about one that shows the actual contact that elicited the call? You might as well post a picture of the last milisecond of the play with pics like that.

But I know your not really claiming that is the closest his hand got to his facemask so..

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:19 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
So moral to the story, bad calls against the Packers are legit and accepted, any questionable call for the Packers indicates conspiracy, and anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

I will try to keep this in mind.

EDIT: Im sorry im not trying to be sarcastic or abrasive but I detest being called a troll because some people don't like or agree with my opinion.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm
Posts: 535
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
After waking up to hordes of Packer fans being annoying I can't help but remind everyone of two things, I watched the "fail mary" game. Green bay was gifted phantom PI calls in that game to keep their drive alive in the first place, negating the need for a fail mary to ever happen to begin with... See a pattern? People are talking about Lions blowing the lead... well that one strip was legit and completely funny but packers had some pretty favorable calls as evidenced by my reactions throughout this thread in real time. The non-call on PI just before was a terrible miss, the receiver obviously was interfering with the pass by pulling down the defender before the pass arrives as he is trying to play the ball... and GB fans think that should of been called the other way? WOW! What a joke. Next thing you know Rodgers is going to wear a full body face mask and flop at people every play what an actor.

_________________
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:30 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:
After waking up to hordes of Packer fans being annoying I can't help but remind everyone of two things, I watched the "fail mary" game. Green bay was gifted phantom PI calls in that game to keep their drive alive in the first place, negating the need for a fail mary to ever happen to begin with... See a pattern? People are talking about Lions blowing the lead... well that one strip was legit and completely funny but packers had some pretty favorable calls as evidenced by my reactions throughout this thread in real time. The non-call on PI just before was a terrible miss, the receiver obviously was interfering with the pass by pulling down the defender before the pass arrives as he is trying to play the ball... and GB fans think that should of been called the other way? WOW! What a joke. Next thing you know Rodgers is going to wear a full body face mask and flop at people every play what an actor.


The fail mary was an entire drive worth of non existant calls made for the sole purpose of giving the Seahawks the game, not just the final play. The 'rpughing the passer' on Nick Perry? A joke, and that is why the league hired the real refs back.

Oh and that non PI on the dude covering Abbredaris was blatant, the WR has a right to come back to the ball, the defender was turning his head to defend the pass just as he made contact, which if correctly called would have given us a first down in field goal position.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:34 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7673
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
So moral to the story, bad calls against the Packers are legit and accepted, any questionable call for the Packers indicates conspiracy, and anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

I will try to keep this in mind.

EDIT: Im sorry im not trying to be sarcastic or abrasive but I detest being called a troll because some people don't like or agree with my opinion.


But you are being a troll on our VMB.
And the Packers new get any calls, rogers is taking literal to the face, and out right kicks to his head, and no one sees them. But he lives in silence and walks right back to the huddle. The poor martyred double discount boy.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:35 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
This argument with Jordy reminds me of a John Oliver quote: http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/ ... -29-57.jpg


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:39 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7197
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
I think it's laughable that many of you still believe the Refs are on the field to actually Officiate the game. The NFL is a corrupt Business now and nothing more. If I was Cam Newton I would get as many TC commercials as I could so I could get the calls Brady, Rogers, and Manning get. The NFL Props up their " Stars" to sell commercials to the highest bidder.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:42 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7197
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:45 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7197
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Kinda Funny that the teams getting the calls that change the outcome of the game are usually Packers, patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, And the saints after the Hurricane but that has worn out it's welcome


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:49 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Laserman wrote:
If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE


You would think in that case they would have just called the PI correctly.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:54 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
So moral to the story, bad calls against the Packers are legit and accepted, any questionable call for the Packers indicates conspiracy, and anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

I will try to keep this in mind.

EDIT: Im sorry im not trying to be sarcastic or abrasive but I detest being called a troll because some people don't like or agree with my opinion.


But you are being a troll on our VMB.
And the Packers new get any calls, rogers is taking literal to the face, and out right kicks to his head, and no one sees them. But he lives in silence and walks right back to the huddle. The poor martyred double discount boy.


I thought there were a few games that bad calls costed the Packers games, but oh no, can'tbe any validity in a dissenting opinion.

Again, we suffered from bad calls in crucial moments both games against the Lions this season, except last night we lucked through it. I'd like it if we could have our WRs not get mugged by them down field every time we play.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:56 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1547
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Vikings season high penalties vs Packers
Bears season high penalties vs Packers
Loins got flagged 9 penalties for 108 yards vs Packers

And your are saying the officials are screwing the Packers...Hmmm


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:02 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
halfgiz wrote:
Vikings season high penalties vs Packers
Bears season high penalties vs Packers
Loins got flagged 9 penalties for 108 yards vs Packers

And your are saying the officials are screwing the Packers...Hmmm


Lions are typically undisciplined, and no I dont truly believe the officials are intentionally screwing the Packers, but when it comes to critical questionable calls in crucial times we are no stranger, A crittical TD and first down at the 1 were called back on errant calls, our first game in Detroit was among the most leniently called games in regards to PI, and I felt that some of the same type of thing seeped into this game, and almost costed us similarly.

I don't actually believe the NFL is out to get us, but, i can do this nitpick calls and complain thing too. All fansbases can if they try hard enough, and unfortunately many from most do.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2799
Location: Missouri
Post Lions-Packers TNF
I'm going to hell for how funny I thought that was...

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Laserman wrote:
If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE


There is no 5 yard facemask penalty anymore. The violation is either egregious enough to be a 15 yarder or not called. The Rodgers play was exactly the type of call they aren't supposed to call anymore.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:48 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
TSonn wrote:
Laserman wrote:
If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE


There is no 5 yard facemask penalty anymore. The violation is either egregious enough to be a 15 yarder or not called. The Rodgers play was exactly the type of call they aren't supposed to call anymore.


That depends on if you think there was enough a pull or not, but regardless, it is hard to fault the ref the way that looked, that gets called nearly everytime.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:52 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Jordysghost wrote:
TSonn wrote:
Laserman wrote:
If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE


There is no 5 yard facemask penalty anymore. The violation is either egregious enough to be a 15 yarder or not called. The Rodgers play was exactly the type of call they aren't supposed to call anymore.


That depends on if you think there was enough a pull or not, but regardless, it is hard to fault the ref the way that looked, that gets called nearly everytime.


I think it's very telling that the refs who threw the flags were behind Rodgers (no view of the facemask) and none of the refs in front of him (with a view of the actual facemask) called a penalty.


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:54 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Lions-Packers TNF
Screw this mane this thread is like sweet nectar that I can't evade. :gone:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.