Lions-Packers TNF

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Lions-Packers TNF

Post by Jordysghost »

Funkytown wrote: Same here. Looked like he grabbed near his shoulder/shoulder pad and ripped him down. The replay just confirmed it.
Replay looks like it confirms the decision to me as well.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

So since GB is being coddled into the playoffs I assume we're not going to win the division this year?
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Oh, here's a good example of what grasping a facemask looks like: http://imgur.com/b7SdNxA
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:I don't see why you guys are arguing honestly who gives a ####. Not going to change a #### thing. #### stupid #### zebras and their tiny #### heads shoved up a discount double ####.
Yea, the fail mary was such a Rodgers love fest.

Call should have been thrown on Abbredaris defender for sure.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TSonn wrote:Oh, here's a good example of what grasping a facemask looks like: http://imgur.com/b7SdNxA
That is certainly more blatant, irrelevant though.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:So since GB is being coddled into the playoffs I assume we're not going to win the division this year?
Right the Lions soo weren't giving mad liscense to mug our WRs last two times we played them or anything. :roll:
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Jordysghost wrote: You must have seen a different replay then me, mine clearly shows his thumb on the inside bar of the facemask and his head jerking to the right, that is a penalty, you cant push the facemask.
Actually, if you're really watching the video? It shows Taylor's hand brushing through his facemask, then onto the shoulder pad. Rodgers' head was turned slightly! The finger never once grasped within the facemask, it immediately brushed through and took him by the shoulder pad. http://imgur.com/8cjhorT By rule, that is NOT a Facemask. By definition;

pull
po͝ol/
verb
verb: pull; 3rd person present: pulls; past tense: pulled; past participle: pulled; gerund or present participle: pulling

exert force on (someone or something), typically by taking hold of them, in order to move or try to move them toward oneself or the origin of the force.
"he pulled them down onto the couch"
synonyms: tug, haul, drag, draw, tow, heave, lug, jerk, wrench; informalyank
"he pulled the box toward him"
antonyms: push
(of an animal or vehicle) be attached to the front and be the source of forward movement of (a vehicle).
"the carriage was pulled by four horses"
take hold of and exert force on (something) so as to move it from a specified position or in a specified direction.
"she pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket"
synonyms: extract, take out, remove
"he pulled the bad tooth out"
informal
bring out (a weapon) to attack or threaten someone.
"it's not every day a young woman pulls a gun on a burglar"
inhale deeply while smoking (a pipe or cigar).
damage (a muscle, ligament, etc.) by abnormal strain.
synonyms: strain, sprain, wrench, turn, tear; damage
"she pulled a muscle"
print (a proof).
Computing
retrieve (an item of data) from the top of a stack.
(of a vehicle or person) move steadily in a specified direction or to reach a specified point.
"the bus was about to pull away"
move in a specified direction with effort, especially by taking hold of something and exerting force.
"he pulled himself into the saddle"
move one's body in a specified direction, especially against resistance.
"she tried to pull away from him"
(of an engine) exert propulsive force; deliver power.
"the engine warmed up quickly and pulled well"
work oars to cause a boat to move.
"he pulled at the oars, and the boat moved swiftly through the water"

The argument that Taylor allegedly, 'pulled' Rodgers' Facemask is debunked. It was the wrong call, but the Packers still got the call and won the game. It may have gone the Packers way, JordysGhost, but it was irrefutably the wrong call by definition.
Am I denying that the Ref's have to make split second decisions? No, they're always expected to throw a flag if they feel that it was viable to do so, but it still was not the right call.

That all said and done, I'm super excited now to see how the Season ends! Things are just heating up finally, it's going to be interesting!
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Im outy, fun sharing the win with you guys, good to momentarily stop sucking.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Jordysghost wrote: That is certainly more blatant, irrelevant though.
Well, to be fair and somewhat unbiased... after watching this replay it looks like the mask was definitely grasped but I don't think it meets the other criteria in the rule so it was probably a good no call. Which, then, means the call tonight should have been a more blatant no call.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

Jordysghost wrote: Right the Lions soo weren't giving mad liscense to mug our WRs last two times we played them or anything. :roll:
Honestly I didn't watch the last game so you very well could be right... Well I watched the last few minutes of it actually but I was different game figuring GB was just going to win it until I saw it was looking like the lions were going to take it. But here's the rub, say you're right, you're just admitting how unfair the refs are in these "contests" and something should be done.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

VikingFan50 wrote: Actually, if you're really watching the video? It shows Taylor's hand brushing through his facemask, then onto the shoulder pad. Rodgers' head was turned slightly! The finger never once grasped within the facemask, it immediately brushed through and took him by the shoulder pad. http://imgur.com/8cjhorT By rule, that is NOT a Facemask. By definition;

pull
po͝ol/
verb
verb: pull; 3rd person present: pulls; past tense: pulled; past participle: pulled; gerund or present participle: pulling

exert force on (someone or something), typically by taking hold of them, in order to move or try to move them toward oneself or the origin of the force.
"he pulled them down onto the couch"
synonyms: tug, haul, drag, draw, tow, heave, lug, jerk, wrench; informalyank
"he pulled the box toward him"
antonyms: push
(of an animal or vehicle) be attached to the front and be the source of forward movement of (a vehicle).
"the carriage was pulled by four horses"
take hold of and exert force on (something) so as to move it from a specified position or in a specified direction.
"she pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket"
synonyms: extract, take out, remove
"he pulled the bad tooth out"
informal
bring out (a weapon) to attack or threaten someone.
"it's not every day a young woman pulls a gun on a burglar"
inhale deeply while smoking (a pipe or cigar).
damage (a muscle, ligament, etc.) by abnormal strain.
synonyms: strain, sprain, wrench, turn, tear; damage
"she pulled a muscle"
print (a proof).
Computing
retrieve (an item of data) from the top of a stack.
(of a vehicle or person) move steadily in a specified direction or to reach a specified point.
"the bus was about to pull away"
move in a specified direction with effort, especially by taking hold of something and exerting force.
"he pulled himself into the saddle"
move one's body in a specified direction, especially against resistance.
"she tried to pull away from him"
(of an engine) exert propulsive force; deliver power.
"the engine warmed up quickly and pulled well"
work oars to cause a boat to move.
"he pulled at the oars, and the boat moved swiftly through the water"

The argument that Taylor allegedly, 'pulled' Rodgers' Facemask is debunked. It was the wrong call, but the Packers still got the call and won the game. It may have gone the Packers way, JordysGhost, but it was irrefutably the wrong call by definition.
Am I denying that the Ref's have to make split second decisions? No, they're always expected to throw a flag if they feel that it was viable to do so, but it still was not the right call.

That all said and done, I'm super excited now to see how the Season ends! Things are just heating up finally, it's going to be interesting!
Disagree, not talking about it here though.

Yes things are certainly heating up, hell the Bears have a chance at the playoffs even, should be fun.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote: Honestly I didn't watch the last game so you very well could be right... Well I watched the last few minutes of it actually but I was different game figuring GB was just going to win it until I saw it was looking like the lions were going to take it. But here's the rub, say you're right, you're just admitting how unfair the refs are in these "contests" and something should be done.
Refs are moronic, I just reject the premise it is some conspiracy to help out certain teams, I do realize the state of the NBA, but I think there is alot to dispute that theory in regards to the NFL.
Rieux
Franchise Player

Post by Rieux »

Jordysghost wrote:Im outy, fun sharing the win with you guys
That's especially convincing when you say it for the third time in the thread.

It's just as credible of every one of the countless times you have used the words "pull," "yank," and "hook" here. Or the falsehoods you have told about league officials supposedly stating that the call was correct.

I have to wonder at the quantity of dishonest trolling that this person has been permitted to perform tonight.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Rieux wrote: That's especially convincing when you say it for the third time in the thread.

It's just as credible of every one of the countless times you have used the words "pull," "yank," and "hook" here. Or the falsehoods you have told about league officials supposedly stating that the call was correct.

I have to wonder at the quantity of dishonest trolling that this person has been permitted to perform tonight.
I misheard Dean Blandinos explanation and thought it was the NFL's my apologies.

As to the call, well as I said. But im certainly not the only one who thinks it was correct.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

Jordysghost wrote: I misheard Dean Blandinos explanation and thought it was the NFL's my apologies.

As to the call, well as I said. But im certainly not the only one who thinks it was correct.
One of a few. IMO.
Viking fan since '65