Lions-Packers TNF

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Lions-Packers TNF

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:After waking up to hordes of Packer fans being annoying I can't help but remind everyone of two things, I watched the "fail mary" game. Green bay was gifted phantom PI calls in that game to keep their drive alive in the first place, negating the need for a fail mary to ever happen to begin with... See a pattern? People are talking about Lions blowing the lead... well that one strip was legit and completely funny but packers had some pretty favorable calls as evidenced by my reactions throughout this thread in real time. The non-call on PI just before was a terrible miss, the receiver obviously was interfering with the pass by pulling down the defender before the pass arrives as he is trying to play the ball... and GB fans think that should of been called the other way? WOW! What a joke. Next thing you know Rodgers is going to wear a full body face mask and flop at people every play what an actor.
The fail mary was an entire drive worth of non existant calls made for the sole purpose of giving the Seahawks the game, not just the final play. The 'rpughing the passer' on Nick Perry? A joke, and that is why the league hired the real refs back.

Oh and that non PI on the dude covering Abbredaris was blatant, the WR has a right to come back to the ball, the defender was turning his head to defend the pass just as he made contact, which if correctly called would have given us a first down in field goal position.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Jordysghost wrote:So moral to the story, bad calls against the Packers are legit and accepted, any questionable call for the Packers indicates conspiracy, and anyone who doesn't agree is a troll.

I will try to keep this in mind.

EDIT: Im sorry im not trying to be sarcastic or abrasive but I detest being called a troll because some people don't like or agree with my opinion.
But you are being a troll on our VMB.
And the Packers new get any calls, rogers is taking literal to the face, and out right kicks to his head, and no one sees them. But he lives in silence and walks right back to the huddle. The poor martyred double discount boy.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

This argument with Jordy reminds me of a John Oliver quote: http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/ ... -29-57.jpg
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I think it's laughable that many of you still believe the Refs are on the field to actually Officiate the game. The NFL is a corrupt Business now and nothing more. If I was Cam Newton I would get as many TC commercials as I could so I could get the calls Brady, Rogers, and Manning get. The NFL Props up their " Stars" to sell commercials to the highest bidder.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Kinda Funny that the teams getting the calls that change the outcome of the game are usually Packers, patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, And the saints after the Hurricane but that has worn out it's welcome
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Laserman wrote:If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE
You would think in that case they would have just called the PI correctly.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: But you are being a troll on our VMB.
And the Packers new get any calls, rogers is taking literal to the face, and out right kicks to his head, and no one sees them. But he lives in silence and walks right back to the huddle. The poor martyred double discount boy.
I thought there were a few games that bad calls costed the Packers games, but oh no, can'tbe any validity in a dissenting opinion.

Again, we suffered from bad calls in crucial moments both games against the Lions this season, except last night we lucked through it. I'd like it if we could have our WRs not get mugged by them down field every time we play.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings season high penalties vs Packers
Bears season high penalties vs Packers
Loins got flagged 9 penalties for 108 yards vs Packers

And your are saying the officials are screwing the Packers...Hmmm
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote:Vikings season high penalties vs Packers
Bears season high penalties vs Packers
Loins got flagged 9 penalties for 108 yards vs Packers

And your are saying the officials are screwing the Packers...Hmmm
Lions are typically undisciplined, and no I dont truly believe the officials are intentionally screwing the Packers, but when it comes to critical questionable calls in crucial times we are no stranger, A crittical TD and first down at the 1 were called back on errant calls, our first game in Detroit was among the most leniently called games in regards to PI, and I felt that some of the same type of thing seeped into this game, and almost costed us similarly.

I don't actually believe the NFL is out to get us, but, i can do this nitpick calls and complain thing too. All fansbases can if they try hard enough, and unfortunately many from most do.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Lions-Packers TNF

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm going to hell for how funny I thought that was...
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Laserman wrote:If there was a facemask it was the 5 yard type. But the NFL had to give the 15 Yards, Why? Cause Rogers needed it to reach the End zone. THE NFL IS A CORRUPT JOKE
There is no 5 yard facemask penalty anymore. The violation is either egregious enough to be a 15 yarder or not called. The Rodgers play was exactly the type of call they aren't supposed to call anymore.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TSonn wrote: There is no 5 yard facemask penalty anymore. The violation is either egregious enough to be a 15 yarder or not called. The Rodgers play was exactly the type of call they aren't supposed to call anymore.
That depends on if you think there was enough a pull or not, but regardless, it is hard to fault the ref the way that looked, that gets called nearly everytime.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Jordysghost wrote: That depends on if you think there was enough a pull or not, but regardless, it is hard to fault the ref the way that looked, that gets called nearly everytime.
I think it's very telling that the refs who threw the flags were behind Rodgers (no view of the facemask) and none of the refs in front of him (with a view of the actual facemask) called a penalty.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Screw this mane this thread is like sweet nectar that I can't evade. :gone: