The Official Officiating Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Mothman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Jordysghost wrote:So is it just a given that no one from the blame the refs crew is going to have a legitimate debate and back up their beliefs under scrutiny? It sure appears that way, id love to hear what calls one believes to be incorrect and why, especially from the Vikes game, but it is starting to look like a fair balanced debate on the matter is a pipe dream and most would rather use this stance as a coping mechanism.
:lol: It does seem odd that the Packers were allowed to lose that game Thursday night (not to mention 4 of their last 5) if the league and it's officials are supposedly part of a consipracy to help them win.
0 x

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3571
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by fiestavike » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Jordysghost wrote:So is it just a given that no one from the blame the refs crew is going to have a legitimate debate and back up their beliefs under scrutiny? It sure appears that way, id love to hear what calls one believes to be incorrect and why, especially from the Vikes game, but it is starting to look like a fair balanced debate on the matter is a pipe dream and most would rather use this stance as a coping mechanism.
I explained what calls/non-calls I objected to, and specified I don't think its a big conspiracy, I'm just not interested in debating.
0 x

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by halfgiz » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Jordysghost wrote:So is it just a given that no one from the blame the refs crew is going to have a legitimate debate and back up their beliefs under scrutiny? It sure appears that way, id love to hear what calls one believes to be incorrect and why, especially from the Vikes game, but it is starting to look like a fair balanced debate on the matter is a pipe dream and most would rather use this stance as a coping mechanism.
12 -3 penalties and you say the Bears should have been flagged a few more times. What's there to debate? :lol: :lol:
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11458
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by S197 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am

I thought the Patriots were on the end of some ticky tack calls tonight. Specifically the Gronk offensive PI and the call on Chung on the 3rd and goal sack. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they lost but the officiating was poor from what I saw.
0 x

User avatar
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Purple bruise » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 am

S197 wrote:I thought the Patriots were on the end of some ticky tack calls tonight. Specifically the Gronk offensive PI and the call on Chung on the 3rd and goal sack. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they lost but the officiating was poor from what I saw.
Not a big fan of either team but I must say Denver got every "home town call" or so it seemed.
0 x
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by DK Sweets » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:55 am

I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18588
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 am

DK Sweets wrote:I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Purple bruise » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 am

PurpleMustReign wrote: The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I can't imagine what anyone could come up with to prevent knee injuries. They happen in every sport. Joints are just not made to take the kind of punishment athletics are subjected to from motocross, skiing, track, basketball, baseball etc.
0 x
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Mothman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 am

DK Sweets wrote:I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18588
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:04 am

Mothman wrote: I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
Then again, they are still 10-1,so they still have a chance to get their ring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by DK Sweets » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:10 am

PurpleMustReign wrote: Then again, they are still 10-1,so they still have a chance to get their ring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No doubt, but I believe that with even one of those 4 players healthy at the end of last night's game they would still be undefeated right now. It's a shame that they had a chance for something special but injuries crushed that possibility.

Don't get me wrong, if they lose, they lose. But I'd rather see them lose because they weren't good enough than because they lost virtually every player that Tom Brady has a rapport with.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3238
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Raptorman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:49 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote: The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's called stop playing the Game. Jordy Nelson hurt his and no one touched him. And he is not the only one.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8545
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Cliff » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Mothman wrote: I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
I hate to see injury hurt any team but as you hear time and time again, that's the NFL. It's similar to the Vikings injury trouble with the offensive line. At some point you get so far down into the depth chart that not much can be done. I suppose they could have invested more in WR :whistle:

:gone:
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Mothman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Cliff wrote:I hate to see injury hurt any team but as you hear time and time again, that's the NFL. It's similar to the Vikings injury trouble with the offensive line. At some point you get so far down into the depth chart that not much can be done. I suppose they could have invested more in WR :whistle:

:gone:
I see what you did there, you rascal. :D
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18588
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Interesting story on what we can mostly agree on is one of the worst crews in the NFL:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... er-errors/
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk has clarified his report to say that Pete Morelli’s crew has been demoted from Sunday night’s game between the Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers, not Monday night’s Redskins-Cowboys game.
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬