The Official Officiating Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: The Official Officiating Thread

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:So is it just a given that no one from the blame the refs crew is going to have a legitimate debate and back up their beliefs under scrutiny? It sure appears that way, id love to hear what calls one believes to be incorrect and why, especially from the Vikes game, but it is starting to look like a fair balanced debate on the matter is a pipe dream and most would rather use this stance as a coping mechanism.
:lol: It does seem odd that the Packers were allowed to lose that game Thursday night (not to mention 4 of their last 5) if the league and it's officials are supposedly part of a consipracy to help them win.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:So is it just a given that no one from the blame the refs crew is going to have a legitimate debate and back up their beliefs under scrutiny? It sure appears that way, id love to hear what calls one believes to be incorrect and why, especially from the Vikes game, but it is starting to look like a fair balanced debate on the matter is a pipe dream and most would rather use this stance as a coping mechanism.
I explained what calls/non-calls I objected to, and specified I don't think its a big conspiracy, I'm just not interested in debating.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

12 -3 penalties and you say the Bears should have been flagged a few more times. What's there to debate? :lol: :lol:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I thought the Patriots were on the end of some ticky tack calls tonight. Specifically the Gronk offensive PI and the call on Chung on the 3rd and goal sack. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they lost but the officiating was poor from what I saw.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

S197 wrote:I thought the Patriots were on the end of some ticky tack calls tonight. Specifically the Gronk offensive PI and the call on Chung on the 3rd and goal sack. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they lost but the officiating was poor from what I saw.
Not a big fan of either team but I must say Denver got every "home town call" or so it seemed.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleMustReign wrote: The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

I can't imagine what anyone could come up with to prevent knee injuries. They happen in every sport. Joints are just not made to take the kind of punishment athletics are subjected to from motocross, skiing, track, basketball, baseball etc.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I view the Patriots differently than many people, but I find it hard to believe that anybody really feels good about seeing a potentially historic season derailed by Tom Brady losing his top 4 targets.
I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
Then again, they are still 10-1,so they still have a chance to get their ring.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Then again, they are still 10-1,so they still have a chance to get their ring.

No doubt, but I believe that with even one of those 4 players healthy at the end of last night's game they would still be undefeated right now. It's a shame that they had a chance for something special but injuries crushed that possibility.

Don't get me wrong, if they lose, they lose. But I'd rather see them lose because they weren't good enough than because they lost virtually every player that Tom Brady has a rapport with.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: The NFL needs to figure out how to keep knees from getting hurt. And i don't mean not hitting someone's knees, they need to do actual work and figure out how to keep it from happening. Its getting really bad.

It's called stop playing the Game. Jordy Nelson hurt his and no one touched him. And he is not the only one.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: I feel the same way. It's disappointing to see those injuries cost them a shot at making history.
I hate to see injury hurt any team but as you hear time and time again, that's the NFL. It's similar to the Vikings injury trouble with the offensive line. At some point you get so far down into the depth chart that not much can be done. I suppose they could have invested more in WR :whistle:

:gone:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:I hate to see injury hurt any team but as you hear time and time again, that's the NFL. It's similar to the Vikings injury trouble with the offensive line. At some point you get so far down into the depth chart that not much can be done. I suppose they could have invested more in WR :whistle:

:gone:
I see what you did there, you rascal. :D
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Interesting story on what we can mostly agree on is one of the worst crews in the NFL:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... er-errors/
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk has clarified his report to say that Pete Morelli’s crew has been demoted from Sunday night’s game between the Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers, not Monday night’s Redskins-Cowboys game.