Playoffs??!

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Playoffs??!

Post by DK Sweets »

The Cardinals game, in my opinion, is the biggest non divisional game left on our schedule. It's super unfortunate that it's a Thursday night away game.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

DK Sweets wrote:The Cardinals game, in my opinion, is the biggest non divisional game left on our schedule. It's super unfortunate that it's a Thursday night away game.
Yup, because the Vikings play so well in prime time. :wallbang:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Playoffs??!

Post by DK Sweets »

Thanks for sharing! It's great to see our chances of making the playoffs so high.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 2h2 hours ago
28 of 32 @NFL teams are within 2 games of a playoff spot heading into Week 13, the most since the current format was adopted in 1990.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I know, you guys don't want to talk playoffs. There is a good possibility, even after the beating the Vikings took against the Seahawks that he Vikings will make the playoffs. So looking forward to them is a necessary evil.

Panthers. They have the best chance of going 16-0 of any team in a long time. Their final 4 games include 2 against the Falcon, 1 against the Giants and the final game of the year is Tampa. That final game could impact the Vikings playoff chances. I can see them running the table.

Eagles, Redskins, Giants. Who the hell knows. It seems that the only teams that are more Jekyll and Hyde than the Vikings are the 4 teams in the East. The Cowboys I believe are out of it. Of the other three, there are 5 games in the division that will determine who falls into the winner of the division. There is no way a wild card will come out of this division.

Packers. The Pack have the inside track on the division for one reason only. Rodgers. As a team they have been playing very poorly. Of their last 4 games the toughest game is the Cardinals and then probably the Vikings at Green Bay. I currently have them penciled in as division winners. Although they may win their first playoff game, that second one will knock them out. They are just not playing good football right now.

Vikings. What to say. With 2 wins and a Tampa loss the Vikings are in at least as the 6th seed. However, that can change depending on which Vikings team shows up the last 4 games. IF they were to win out they could be as high as the 2nd seed. Not likely. If they win 3 with one of those being Green Bay, they take the division and the 3rd seed. My guess right now, they will end up with the 6th seed. Be one and done in the playoffs.

Seattle. After watching them the last few weeks they are not the same team the Packer beat in the beginning of the year. They are hot, clicking in everything they do and don't seem to have a lot of injuries to hurt them at the moment. Their final 4 games are Ravens, Browns, Rams and Cardinals. I can see them running the table.

Arizona. Their final 4 are the Vikings, Packers, Eagles and Seahawks. They need two wins to take the division for sure and chance at the 2nd seed. If they lose all 4 they end up a wild card. A win over the Vikings or the Packers gives them the division. They will probably know this on Thursday.

Tampa. The one team that has the most impact on the Vikings playoff chances. If they win out, Saints, Rams, Bears, Panthers, the Vikings would need to win 3 games to make the playoffs. I can see them losing at least one. My money would be on the Panthers if they are 15-0 at the end of the year.

My pick for the NFC championship game. Panthers vs the Seahawks in Carolina.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Just an addendum Raptorman, while I genuinely agree that if the Packers keep playing how they are now, they won't make it far into the playoffs, it isn't because of Rodgers that we are in this, sure he has done decent by NFL standards but not enough to make our offense look like something other then inept trash, especially compared to our effective defense. The hope is that we become the hot team going into the playoffs.

Panthers, man, if the Giants (I can see them pulling the upset, the Giants are crazy) don't take them out, nobody will in the regular season.

Vikes, you guys have a tough schedule, even the 'easy' teams you play are no pushover, if you lose to the Cards the Bears could be looking at elevating themselves into the playoff picture heading into your game against them. That said, stay within at least game of us, and don't lose to the Bears and you will be looking at an NFCN Championship opportunity.

The Seahawks are, as I had been expecting for a while now, pulling it together but I think both GB and Carolina are particularly well equipped to deal with them, especially if the former pulls there #### together as well, which I expect them too.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote:Just an addendum Raptorman, while I genuinely agree that if the Packers keep playing how they are now, they won't make it far into the playoffs, it isn't because of Rodgers that we are in this, sure he has done decent by NFL standards but not enough to make our O look like something other then inept trash, especially compared to our effective D. The hope is that we become the hot team going into the playoffs.

Panthers, man, if the Giants (I can see them pulling the upset, the Giants are crazy) don't take them out, nobody will in the regular season.

Vikes, you guys have a tough schedule, even the 'easy' teams you play are no pushover, if you lose to the Cards the Bears could be looking at elevating themselves into the playoff picture heading into your game against them. That said, stay within at least game of us, and don't lose to the Bears and you will be looking at an NFCN Championship opportunity.

The Seahawks are, as I had been expecting for a while now, pulling it together but I think both GB and Carolina are particularly well equipped to deal with them, especially if the former pulls there #### together as well, which I expect them too.
The Packer team I have watched the last 4 games would get their butt handed to them by the current Seahawks team. I don't care were the game is played.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: The Packer team I have watched the last 4 games would get their butt handed to them by the current Seahawks team. I don't care were the game is played.
I agree, but I don't think the Packer team from the last 4 games is anything even close to their potential. The Packer team from the first 6 weeks imo, would fare well against the Seahawks, even at their current level of play.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote:
I agree, but I don't think the Packer team from the last 4 games is anything even close to their potential. The Packer team from the first 6 weeks imo, would fare well against the Seahawks, even at their current level of play.
And the Vikings aren't playing close to their potential. Potential means squat unless you play to it.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: And the Vikings aren't playing close to their potential. Potential means squat unless you play to it.
I completely agree with both of those statements.

Again, the hope for both is that they get it in gear and achieve their potential, which I think they both are capable of doing, If the Packers play up to theirs, I feel very good about our chances, and I would understand if one felt that same way to the Vikings.