Odds on the next NFL head coach to be fired

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Odds on the next NFL head coach to be fired

Post by Mothman »

Here's a list you don't want to be on if you're an NFL coach:

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-first- ... -2015-odds
ODDS ON THE NEXT NFL COACH FIRED
Odds as of October 21 at Bovada

Gus Bradley +350
Jim Caldwell +400
Ken Whisenhunt +400
Chuck Pagano +550
Jay Gruden +900
Andy Reid+ 1000
Lovie Smith +1000
Mike Pettine +1000
Jim Tomsula +1200
Jeff Fisher +1200
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Odds on the next NFL head coach to be fired

Post by Jordysghost »

Caldwell would be my guess.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Who is Gus Bradley? And why is Wisenhunt on the list? Tennessee has had less than nothing to work with in the last few years.
For the record, i vote Lovie.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Btw when do the Lions have their bye?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Who is Gus Bradley?
Head coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Btw when do the Lions have their bye?

Week 9
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I think Lovie will be the coach that loses his job mid season, if anyone... Caldwell won't lose his job unless they go 1-15.

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

several of those teams don't make changes easily.

Pagano for sure.. The owner, GM, and coach are all fighting constantly
and the GM and Owner just had a public spat last week.

Lovie, I think he should be fired but might not be

Reid same thing

Fisher I think stays they seem to somewhat pleased with progress

Jacksonville is safe with one or two more wins I think
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Who had Whisenhunt?

Ken Whisenhunt - OT - Titans

Titans fired coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Mike Mularkey, who was the head coach in Jacksonville in 2012, will serve as the interim coach. Whisenhunt posted an abysmal 3-20 record as the coach in Tennessee and has now won just four games in his last 35 as a head coach in the NFL. The Titans offense was a train wreck under Whisenhunt, scoring just 16.5 points a game during his tenure, and there have been reports he lost the locker room and had "tension" with other coaches. The good news for Tennessee is Marcus Mariota, Taylor Lewan and Jurrell Casey are solid building blocks who should make Tennessee an attractive option for available coaches this offseason.
Source: titansonline.com
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@WillBrinson NFL job security at an all time low when a guy who drafted a QB No. 2 overall doesn’t get more than 7 games.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Who had Whisenhunt?

Ken Whisenhunt - OT - Titans

Titans fired coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Mike Mularkey, who was the head coach in Jacksonville in 2012, will serve as the interim coach. Whisenhunt posted an abysmal 3-20 record as the coach in Tennessee and has now won just four games in his last 35 as a head coach in the NFL. The Titans offense was a train wreck under Whisenhunt, scoring just 16.5 points a game during his tenure, and there have been reports he lost the locker room and had "tension" with other coaches. The good news for Tennessee is Marcus Mariota, Taylor Lewan and Jurrell Casey are solid building blocks who should make Tennessee an attractive option for available coaches this offseason.
Source: titansonline.com
Please change your ugly uniforms Titans. The navy/baby blue combo is killing my eyes.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: Please change your ugly uniforms Titans. The navy/baby blue combo is killing my eyes.
LOL! I like their uniforms. :)

Whisenhunt sure didn't get much time to turn things around in TN, did he?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: LOL! I like their uniforms. :)

Whisenhunt sure didn't get much time to turn things around in TN, did he?
Sure didn't. Whisenhunt looks the part and was on the staff of those Steelers teams that were so consistently competitive. Is he a guy who was riding coattails? Is better suited as a coordinator? Would the titans just be throwing good money after bad keeping him in place, or has he just never had enough of a chance to turn around a terrible franchise? Its hard to get a real read on the guy, but Tennessee has been a MESS for a few years now.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: Sure didn't. Whisenhunt looks the part and was on the staff of those Steelers teams that were so consistently competitive

He also coached the Cardinals to a near Super Bowl win. It took a heroic late game drive by the Steelers to beat them.
Is he a guy who was riding coattails? Is better suited as a coordinator? Would the titans just be throwing good money after bad keeping him in place, or has he just never had enough of a chance to turn around a terrible franchise? Its hard to get a real read on the guy, but Tennessee has been a MESS for a few years now.
Yes, and they didn't even give him two full seasons to turn things around. He's coached the same number of games for the Titans that Zimmer has coached for the Vikes.

He's had a dismal record over those games though. The Titans obviously felt like they'd seen enough.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:

He also coached the Cardinals to a near Super Bowl win. It took a heroic late game drive by the Steelers to beat them.
Yes, and they didn't even give him two full seasons to turn things around. He's coached the same number of games for the Titans that Zimmer has coached for the Vikes.

He's had a dismal record over those games though. The Titans obviously felt like they'd seen enough.
I wonder if Hue Jackson will get another chance soon. He did a solid job with a talent deprived raiders team only to be jettisoned like so many other coaches in Oakland, and now is doing well in Cincy. He will also fulfill "rooney rule" requirements so he'll likely get at least some chances to interview.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins