Vikings Fan Base—Which other teams do you like and hate?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikings Fan Base—Which other teams do you like and hate?

Post by Cliff »

It is almost always situational for me. If a team winning or losing helps the Vikings get into the playoffs. If a team has a player that I like on it (or is on my fantasy team) I tend to root for them. I end up cheering against Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay so often it's sort of ingrained but even then I find myself being more interested in those teams because I'm more familiar with the players on them. Out of those teams I tend to dislike Green Bay the most. Though, my disdain for them has gone down since Favre left. I hated him being on the Vikings.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If it doesnt hurt the Vikings, I like seeing the Chargers and Seattle win. I went to more Seattle games then Vikings I think when I was younger, a lot of relatives out their.

Cant stand the Packers, Pats, Saints or Eagles. A Packers loss isnt as good as a Vikings win is, but its still a lot of fun.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:It is almost always situational for me. If a team winning or losing helps the Vikings get into the playoffs. If a team has a player that I like on it (or is on my fantasy team) I tend to root for them. I end up cheering against Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay so often it's sort of ingrained but even then I find myself being more interested in those teams because I'm more familiar with the players on them. Out of those teams I tend to dislike Green Bay the most. Though, my disdain for them has gone down since Favre left. I hated him being on the Vikings.

I did too (surprise!).

I saw quite a few Vikes fans wearing Vikings Favre jerseys at the Bears game on Sunday and I told my friend that it was the Vikes jersey equivalent of walking out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to your shoe. It's just embarrassing for everybody. ;)
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Vikings are my only first and true love. The only other team I might give a woop for is the Jags as they are over here (International series) every year playing like rubbish (actually won for a change this year tho).

My big hates are Bears, Packers, Pats, Eagles as well as the more followed teams over here in the UK (so Steelers, 49ers and Seahawks) .
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

LondonViking wrote:Vikings are my only first and true love. The only other team I might give a woop for is the Jags as they are over here (International series) every year playing like rubbish (actually won for a change this year tho).

My big hates are Bears, Packers, Pats, Eagles as well as the more followed teams over here in the UK (so Steelers, 49ers and Seahawks) .
Heh. Rubbish.

I need you to post more often :)
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Of course its all in jest as I am just delighted to be able to go to a game in the flesh. Well thats until I can some over in the next year or two to see us again :v):

I am a major lurker and I must admit I need to post more haha
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

LondonViking wrote:Of course its all in jest as I am just delighted to be able to go to a game in the flesh. Well thats until I can some over in the next year or two to see us again :v):

I am a major lurker and I must admit I need to post more haha
When/how many times have you been able to see the Vikings play?
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Its shameful but I've only ever seen us play in the flesh once and that was when they came over for the Wembley game in 2013.

Planning on flying over next year for my first real Vikings game. But NFL gamepass and the international series games will have to do for now.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

LondonViking wrote:Its shameful but I've only ever seen us play in the flesh once and that was when they came over for the Wembley game in 2013.

Planning on flying over next year for my first real Vikings game. But NFL gamepass and the international series games will have to do for now.
Hey, I live in the states and I've only been able to go once. There's nothing shameful about it.
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Cheers, it must be a Uk fan thing. Some fans over here are rather elitist if you cannot see your team a few times a year you are not a proper fan and all that pfft. But these are the same guys that moan about new fans so should be ignored

Sadly work, mortgage and life get in the way aha
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Been a Vikings fan my whole life, lived most of it within a 30 minute drive of the Metrodome, but have only gone to about 5 games ever.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

I lived on Wembley Stadiums door step for 90% of my life, first time I went was to see the Vikings.

Only took me 25years to go into the place haha
sonicology
Backup

Post by sonicology »

I dislike the Seahawks and have a soft spot for the Jags, other than that I'm indifferent to most other teams although I'm happy to root for anyone if it will help out the Vikes.
LondonViking wrote:Its shameful but I've only ever seen us play in the flesh once and that was when they came over for the Wembley game in 2013.
Same for me, although I live in the Northern Isles of Scotland so even getting down to London is a fair old trek.

Was hoping that the Vikes would be coming back to Wembley next year (I know that we have an away game to Jacksonville, so that was a possible London game) but since that's not happening then I'll have to keep saving for a trip to the US.