Vikings Fan Base—Which other teams do you like and hate?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Vikings Fan Base—Which other teams do you like and hate?

Post by jackal »

Which teams do you root for the most, and hate to see win, the most?

Me: Vikings and Chargers(California team I watched before Sunday Ticket) the most

Against Packers, New England(especially during the cheating scandals/ Brady era), Cowboys
(Jerry Jones, Vikings history with team, criminal players)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings Fan Base

Post by 720pete »

Really for me outside of the Vikings there is no team that I have cheered for over a long period of time. The only teams that I cheer for outside of the Vikings are ones that have players I like on them, and if that particular player leaves the team then I lose interest.

For example I really like the Chargers too, but once Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates are gone, I won't cheer for them anymore, and my interest might shift to some other AFC team. I used to really like the Texans when they had Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, and Matt Schaub had a couple 4,000+ yard seasons but now i don't cheer for them at all.

This for me is the difference between Vikings and everyone else. I will cheer for the Vikings until the day I die, regardless of what players they have on the roster, whereas my preference for any other team changes depending on that team's roster.

One AFC team I'm excited about is the Raiders. Derek Carr and Amari Cooper could help them form a great nucleus upon which they could thrive.

If I had to pick another NFC team? Maybe the Cardinals. I would cheer for them because they're still underdogs even though they're pretty good. I feel bad for Carson Palmer, think he is underrated, and has had bad luck with injuries. And of course really like Fitz. Bruce Arians seems like a good coach too.

Hated teams are easy. Everyone else in the NFC North. Hate the Saints, Seahawks. From the AFC, I basically hate the Ravens and Steelers because they're on TV all the fricken time. I would appreciate some diversity in the AFC television schedule please.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Vikings Fan Base

Post by Jordysghost »

I hate the Vikings, Patriots, Cowboys and (Starting more recently) the Bears. When your Vikings are kicking #### it makes me damn near physically ill.

I always enjoyed the Bills and Jets as well, I would love to see the Bills especially turn things around.

In the NFC? Well it was the Seahawks when they had Holmgren and Hasslebeck. This particular season I honestly find myself following the Vikings even more then I have in the past, but that is mainly because I think you guys gave a talented young squad, and are the biggest challenge within the division other then the Packers.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings Fan Base—Which other teams do you like and hate?

Post by Mothman »

I moved this to NFL Talk since it's basically about teams other than the Vikes. It's a good thread idea though, Ken!

I root against the Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins and Seahawks.

Other than the Vikings, I often root for underdog teams, teams that have been down for a while and are working their way back up. For the most part, I like to see variety in who wins in the NFL. For example, I loved it when the Cardinals reached the Super Bowl several years ago and even though I've never liked the Raiders much, I find myself liking the current team.

I liked the Bucs when they entered the league but I miss their old uniforms and helmets. I still like it when they do well and I was happy when they won the Super Bowl.

I hated the Bears when growing up but years of being surrounded by friends and loved ones who are Bears fans, living in Chicago, seeing the team play for decades, etc. has softened me on them and I enjoy following the team. I always root against them when they play the Vikes or when it's in the Vikings best interests.

I like the Patriots because I admire how well-coached they are and I really enjoy watching Brady play. He's one of the best quarterbacks I've ever seen.
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

I root against the Chiefs (except with Chase Daniel and J-Mac 2 former Mizzou Tigers it is hard), Packers, Eagles, and Browns.

I used to like the Seahawks since they were the mini-Vikings, but not too much anymore since the first super bowl.

I usually cheer for teams that have former Mizzou Tigers, or players that I really like. I would really like to see the Raiders take control the AFC West.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

I'm noticing a trend.

Against fudgies (green*** fudge packers, AKA pukers), cowgirls, cheattle PEDhawks (sea chickens), sh*tsburg squeelers, washupton deadskins and sh*tcago barfs.

Living in NY I root for jets, bills and occasionally the Gnats, Eli is seriously too hard to watch in my opinion. Also the Bengals.

The patriots are far from my favorite but I don't hate them either, however not a fan of the favoritism they receive either.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I always root against the Pack, but I do have respect for the "fan ownership", irritatingly consistent great ability to find and keep great talent, etc.
I cannot stand the Bears and respect NOTHING about them, they are a joke of a team for a world-class city.
Will never root for Pittsburg as long as they have a wanna-be rapist for a QB, same is true for the Ravens who seem to love hiring classless thugs.

Its hard not to enjoy watching the Pats....they are in a class of their own and its not because they cheat. Maybe they do but its sad if true because they are too good to need to cheat. When my Vikes are having a crappy year and performing poorly, I can always watch the Pats and hope that someday my team is THAT good.

Dont really need to point out that Vikes are always #1 with me......
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Root For:
Vikings (first and foremost, Purple and Gold until I die)
Seahawks (born and raised in Anchorage, AK I got Seattle games every Sunday, and they're essentially my home town team)

Root Against:
Packers (Duh)
Bears (duh)
Saints (hate them and their city)
Falcons (ugh! '98, plus I went to college in Fort Valley GA so I grew to dislike the falcons just due to all my friends liking them)
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

The only other team that I'm mostly positive towards is the Patriots. I followed Moss there and I have a friend who's a by Patriots fan. I hate to lose to them, but I'm fine with them beating everybody else.

I obviously loathe the Packers, and the Saints are number two (and of course, my fiancé's family is Saints fans).

I'm neutral towards the Bears because that was my dad's team, and the Lions have been a joke for too long to be a team to get to worked up over.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Vikings, then Bills (love those teams back in the 90s). I like San Diego, I feel so bad for Phillip Rivers, he has nothing to work with.

I hate GB of course, and DET and CHI are not far behind. I am sick of the attention Dallas gets despite the fact that they usually suck. It was so bad at one point a few years ago, I was happy when Green Bay came back and beat them in Dallas a couple of years ago.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I cheer for no one else. I may temporarily root for a team if it benefits the Vikings but that's about it. I hope the Titans do well due to the hometown connection with Mariota but I still don't cheer for them.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I can't stand the Packers or Patriots. Otherwise I don't much care. I usually want to see afc teams beat nfc teams due to playoff implications. I like seeing other nfc north teams lose for the same reason.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I cheer for no one else. I may temporarily root for a team if it benefits the Vikings but that's about it.
That's about my situation. Back when I started getting into football in the late 80s I also liked the 49ers quite a bit but that has eroded over time. I usually cheer for teams that are going against teams I dislike (Saints, Cowboys, Packers, Bears) and may cheer for individual players I respect (Woodson, Steve Smith Sr., etc.). But it's really all Vikings.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

I am a Peyton Manning fan so I have cheered for the Colts and Broncos. I would like to see him win another SB unless they are playing the Vikes of course! I enjoy watching football and will cheer for the underdog unless it does not benefit the Vikes or if that underdog is one of these team: Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys or the Patriots.

:govikes:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah Cowboys seem to be consistent hated team among Vikings fans

I would say Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Bears, and Seahawk's are the Vikings fans
most hated teams
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!