View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Mallet cut by Texans 
Strong Safety

Post Mallet cut by Texans
Mallet missed the plane and had overslept during training camp and missed practice..

GM and HC had warned him during training camp, about this. He seemed pissed about the
starting job, and disinterested on HBO's training camp show, when he wasn't starting.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 pm
Hall of Famer

Post Re: Mallet cut by Texans
I would love to pick up Mallet. Always liked him, wanted him in the draft. Tall QB with a gun. Would be a good QB to groom, the price wouldnt be high, and if anyone could whip him into shape, it would be Zimmer. Would love for us to take the time to train a 2nd string QB with some potential, and talent. But they would have to tell him its grow up, or take a hike. I dont know if they are still out there, but Mallet had a lot of good video before the draft about his arm. Just his attitude stinks.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:57 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I would love to pick up Mallet. Always liked him, wanted him in the draft. Tall QB with a gun. Would be a good QB to groom, the price wouldnt be high, and if anyone could whip him into shape, it would be Zimmer. Would love for us to take the time to train a 2nd string QB with some potential, and talent. But they would have to tell him its grow up, or take a hike. I dont know if they are still out there, but Mallet had a lot of good video before the draft about his arm. Just his attitude stinks.

I like Heineke better :confused:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

+1

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:11 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

+1

Really? for what reason, other then seeing him play more?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 pm
Commissioner

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Mallet's sample size has been enough for me to consider him a more immature, stronger-armed, less accurate Christian Ponder. I really liked the progress Heineke showed.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Character...and also what dead poet said.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Mallet cut by Texans
I wanted Mallet coming out of the draft, but now wouldn't touch him even if the NFL paid us to take him. His character and leadership seem to be cellar level.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

fiestavike wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

I do too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

I'd imagine he'll want to go somewhere he has a shot of taking over as starter anyway.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:47 pm
Defensive Tackle

S197 wrote:
I'd imagine he'll want to go somewhere he has a shot of taking over as starter anyway.

So you're thinking he might go to the CFL? ;)

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:51 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:

I could see him doing well in the LFL for sure.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm
Strong Safety

Teams are desperate for good backups.. the only way I see him having any career; is being responsible
for his game skills(improving control and accuracy) and being far more professional. He will get another
chance(most likely). Basically he has a much better chance of being a bar room joke in Houston; than a
quality NFL player, as this point.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:55 pm
Fenrir

Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:

:lol:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 pm
Strong Safety

Yeah another article leaked out yesterday that said Mallet had been frequently late to meetings and
run through's and actually was fined several times internally for these type of things.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:40 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Mallet got picked up by the Ravens today.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]