Harvin to retire?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Harvin to retire?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... sf14409130
Harvin is not here with the Bills because he is contemplating retirement after another setback with his hip, the Buffalo News first reported. Throughout the week, Rex Ryan has been extremely cagey when it came to the dynamic wideout and upped the ante Thursday by saying "I don't know where he is right now."
I feel bad for any player who has to retire due to injuries, although I will admit with this one, I am not too upset. Tons of talent but a piss poor "me first" attitude that affected his play.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Harvin to retire?

Post by DK Sweets »

I won't feel sympathy for Harvin and you can't make me.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Maybe they could use Cordarelle Patterson?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Harvin is a little punk, ive known this since his college days, well, everybody has.

He was with you guys the couple years where it made me physically ill to look at your uniforms and/ or colors, logo etc. etc.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jordysghost wrote:it made me physically ill to look at your uniforms and/ or colors, logo etc. etc.
At least your nausea was temporary then. I developed my aversion to that green and gold vomit about at age six and it's only gotten worse. :twisted:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote: At least your nausea was temporary then. I developed my aversion to that green and gold vomit about at age six and it's only gotten worse. :twisted:
Once it starts turning gangrene green it's time to cut it off. It's gone bad, and there is no saving it at that point. :rofl:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: At least your nausea was temporary then. I developed my aversion to that green and gold vomit about at age six and it's only gotten worse. :twisted:
Oh don't get me wrong, the Vikings have been close to my least favorite teams since around 6 as well, but those late 2000s unis were among he worst i have ever seen, now throw the Favre in it and you've got a winning combination for vomit.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Maybe they could use Cordarelle Patterson?
Yeah I would welcome any team to take him
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

jackal wrote: Yeah I would welcome any team to take him
I think he could do well in their system.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

The man was a headache for the teams he played for but an amazing and talented guy. He should retire.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I wouldn't call Harvin amazing.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote:I wouldn't call Harvin amazing.
He's an amazing TALENT, but never learned how to pit it together on the field after his rookie year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote: He's an amazing TALENT, but never learned how to pit it together on the field after his rookie year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yea he was impressive for sure talent wise, but still not what I would call 'amazing', jmo.

Ill take Randall Cobb and everything about him in a hot second over Harvin, and as good as he is i wouldn't call him amazing. Idk. jmo.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Harvin could have been an NFL great but the guy had a Ryan Leaf brain imo...

The guy was like a lot of great talent guys .. his whole sports career he was probably far better
than anyone he played against. I heard Troy Aikman tell a great story, once. He was young and playing
some sport. I guess his team was blasting the other team, and his mother heard him being a D bag in
his comments. His mother scolded him and made him sit out the rest that game, or the next team game.
Troy's mother if you are going to play sports, you don't act like that!

This generation has some great players, but some real jerks when it comes to attitude both on and off the field.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

jackal wrote:Harvin could have been an NFL great but the guy had a Ryan Leaf brain imo...

The guy was like a lot of great talent guys .. his whole sports career he was probably far better
than anyone he played against. I heard Troy Aikman tell a great story, once. He was young and playing
some sport. I guess his team was blasting the other team, and his mother heard him being a D bag in
his comments. His mother scolded him and made him sit out the rest that game, or the next team game.
Troy's mother if you are going to play sports, you don't act like that!

This generation has some great players, but some real jerks when it comes to attitude both on and off the field.
Yep, but the broader culture doesn't even find anything wrong with it anymore. In a previous age, behaving like many of these guys do would result in a duel to the death. Now we say "who are they hurting"? "They didn't HIT anybody"! I hope baseball never loses that aspect of the game, but I fear it'll be legislated or corporate profitted out in due course.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins