Around The League - Week 6

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Around The League - Week 6

Post by Jordysghost »

And in typical GB fashion we go deep on 3rd and 1.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Jones had a nice little pushoff on that TD, just subtle enough.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Panthers just went to 5-0 with a comeback win over the Seahawks in Seattle. It's early but it's looking more and more like the NFC will have a new representative in the Super Bowl this year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:The Panthers just went to 5-0 with a comeback win over the Seahawks in Seattle. It's early but it's looking more and more like the NFC will have a new representative in the Super Bowl this year.
Now if we can get Green Bay to lose the rest of their games :)

The NFC is up in the air at this point. I hope the Vikings can take advantage.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

My Mom was at that game so im happy we pulled it out. :D Packers are undefeated all time in throwbacks.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:My Mom was at that game so im happy we pulled it out. :D Packers are undefeated all time in throwbacks.
That's because their opponents can't get past how ugly those throwback uniforms look. ;)

Seriously, congrats on the win. That was a dramatic finish so your Mom got to see a thriller.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: That's because their opponents can't get past how ugly those throwback uniforms look. ;)

Seriously, congrats on the win. That was a dramatic finish so your Mom got to see a thriller.
Our throwbacks are the epitome of beauty. I want a regular blue alternate so unhealthily bad.

Yea she took my little step brother so I was really hoping for this one, glad we pulled it out, as good as Rivers was today he really messed up forcing a throw to gates on that second down in the redzone.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Our throwbacks are the epitome of beauty. I want a regular blue alternate so unhealthily bad.
Well, at least we can agree that your desire for one of those jerseys is unhealthy!
Yea she took my little step brother so I was really hoping for this one, glad we pulled it out, as good as Rivers was today he really messed up forcing a throw to gates on that second down in the redzone.
I agree. If he had thrown to Woodhead that could have been an easy TD. As they pointed out on the broadcast, it looked like he could have run up the middle for the score too.

It all looks so easy from home. :)

Your mother and brother will probably be riding an adrenaline high for hours after that game.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: Well, at least we can agree that your desire for one of those jerseys is unhealthy!
I agree. If he had thrown to Woodhead that could have been an easy TD. As they pointed out on the broadcast, it looked like he could have run up the middle for the score too.

It all looks so easy from home. :)

Your mother and brother will probably be riding an adrenaline high for hours after that game.
Oh im talking full alternate. Take the Packers regular unis make em blue and slap a blue facemask and decal on the helmet, Now Alternate between the two like Notre Dame, thats vintage Green Bay Packers. Holmgren tried for a complete overhaul in the 90s but it was voted down. (Sigh)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

As much as I hate GB, their normal home jerseys are as classic as it gets. They don't change every five years like some teams and i don't hate their helmets.
Ok enough of that mushy stuff...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:As much as I hate GB, their normal home jerseys are as classic as it gets. They don't change every five years like some teams and i don't hate their helmets.
Ok enough of that mushy stuff...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I really do love you current unis, outside from the whole being Vikings unis and purple. Those Moss Culpepper era jerseys though, just ugh. The last ones weren't so hot either.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Jordysghost wrote: I really do love you current unis, outside from the whole being Vikings unis and purple. Those Moss Culpepper era jerseys though, just ugh. The last ones weren't so hot either.
I liked thos Moss/Culpepper era ones. It was a fun time to watch the vikings, so that may have something to do with it.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I liked thos Moss/Culpepper era ones. It was a fun time to watch the vikings, so that may have something to do with it.

Maybe... but those were great uniforms.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Thoughts Week 6

Post by DK Sweets »

I just saw the dumbest NFL play I've ever seen.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Thoughts Week 6

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I just saw the dumbest NFL play I've ever seen.
:rofl: This probably isn't the thread to discuss it in but I saw it too. I don't think that ball was supposed to get snapped!

I'm glad I didn't see the Vikings do that. I'd be livid!