View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Giants game winning catch was not a catch. 
Author Message
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
I cant believe nobody is talking about this.

Dude caught the ball, got one foot down, bobbled it, got another foot down, and then went out of bounds bobbling the football (Which is irrelevant at that point, being that the first bobble came after one foot down and before the other foot was down.)

When you compound that with the Aaron Rodgers pick that hit the ground and moved, wtf is the point of have replay review if you aren't going to get the call right? A judgement call is a sketchy propisition and I get that, but both of those calls were clearly by rule incomplete and they both went to REVIEW and still, were called incorrectly.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
Jordysghost wrote:
I cant believe nobody is talking about this.

Dude caught the ball, got one foot down, bobbled it, got another foot down, and then went out of bounds bobbling the football (Which is irrelevant at that point, being that the first bobble came after one foot down and before the other foot was down.


His feet didn't matter because his body hit the ground before he went out of bounds. The ball was dead at that point. He caught the ball in his hands and finished the process, so it was a catch.


Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:56 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3226
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
:lol:

can we just go to a clear and sensible rule on this issue?


Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:27 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
fiestavike wrote:
:lol:

can we just go to a clear and sensible rule on this issue?


No way! :)


Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:52 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
Posts: 568
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
Unless I've watched a different one, it sure looked like a catch to me.


Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7976
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
It was a catch. One of the best ive seen. He has continuing progress throughout the catch. Its surprising the Refs gave it to him, since it wasnt a throw from Rogers, Brady, etc.


Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:09 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
I cant believe nobody is talking about this.

Dude caught the ball, got one foot down, bobbled it, got another foot down, and then went out of bounds bobbling the football (Which is irrelevant at that point, being that the first bobble came after one foot down and before the other foot was down.


His feet didn't matter because his body hit the ground before he went out of bounds. The ball was dead at that point. He caught the ball in his hands and finished the process, so it was a catch.


If the ball was dead when his body hit, then the fact that he bobbled it shortly after his body hit means he didn't finish the process. He, by rule, never completed the process before he went out of bounds. I think this further illustrates how subjectively these calls are made.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:09 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
It was a catch. One of the best ive seen. He has continuing progress throughout the catch. Its surprising the Refs gave it to him, since it wasnt a throw from Rogers, Brady, etc.


It is surprising that they gave it to him, being that he didn't complete the process before hitting out of bounds.

Oh and yea, I agree, you can tell the refs love the Packers what with the fail mary and all..

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7976
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
Jordysghost wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
It was a catch. One of the best ive seen. He has continuing progress throughout the catch. Its surprising the Refs gave it to him, since it wasnt a throw from Rogers, Brady, etc.


It is surprising that they gave it to him, being that he didn't complete the process before hitting out of bounds.

Oh and yea, I agree, you can tell the refs love the Packers what with the fail mary and all..


LOL, 1 play and the Packer nation thinks they are being picked on. Looks at what your DB's get away with, and then watch the Vikings Rhodes, just as an example.


Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:51 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
It was a catch. One of the best ive seen. He has continuing progress throughout the catch. Its surprising the Refs gave it to him, since it wasnt a throw from Rogers, Brady, etc.


It is surprising that they gave it to him, being that he didn't complete the process before hitting out of bounds.

Oh and yea, I agree, you can tell the refs love the Packers what with the fail mary and all..


LOL, 1 play and the Packer nation thinks they are being picked on. Looks at what your DB's get away with, and then watch the Vikings Rhodes, just as an example.


Lmao I could just as easily make the same claim, and it would be no less valid. Oh derp your Vikings get away with with everything and we get called for everything!! :lol: You are just going to look for whatever you want to believe, and believe it. Honestly? Pretty sad.

BTW, the Fail Mary was a drive worth of awful inexplicable calls, not one play, but if you want to go there, how about we talk about the tampering the NFL let you off the hook for in 2008. There are a million bad calls that have went in the favor of opposing teams playing the Packers, but if I was to bring up any examples you would just shut your ears and say lalalalala.

Litterally every big dog in their respective division gets accused of 'getting all of the calls' in every single division in the league, I wonder why.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7976
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
Yeah, I know every team thinks their team is the most penalized. But the Fail Mary was good for morale for the rest of the NFL :lol:


Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:09 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Giants game winning catch was not a catch.
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Yeah, I know every team thinks their team is the most penalized. But the Fail Mary was good for morale for the rest of the NFL :lol:


Idk about that, but at least it got those friken crappy Highschool refs out of there.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.