Around the League - Week 5

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Around the League - Week 5

Post by DK Sweets »

TNF tonight is Colts at Texans.

I doubt I catch much of this game. With the way these two teams have been playing and with Caveman out, I'm not sure it's worth my time.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Around the League - Week 5

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Matthew Stafford was benched. I don't think it will be permanent, but that is still a little surprising.
Dallas is in complete melt-down mode. I still don't think thye were as good as people said even with Romo and Bryant, but they are really bad now.
Buffalo continues to do well on the road.
I think there are five undefeated teams right now? Cincinnati, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Matthew Stafford was benched. I don't think it will be permanent, but that is still a little surprising.
They may have just figured there was no point in continuing to put him at risk since the game was clearly out of reach.
I think there are five undefeated teams right now? Cincinnati, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver.
That's correct.

Edit: I just realized that's not correct. I forgot about the Panthers because they didn't play today. They're undefeated too.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

To anyone reading, I think it may be more appropriate to keep the rest of the NFL week 5 discussion here, rather than that thread in the Vikings Talk forum.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

How far the Niners have fallen..
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote: They may have just figured there was no point in continuing to put him at risk since the game was clearly out of reach.
Actually, he was told at halftime if he threw another pick he would be pulled. He did, so he was. :D
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Bears fans are actually giving Cutler props. lmao.

My Lord if he is not the most overpayed player in the league.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Funkytown wrote:Actually, he was told at halftime if he threw another pick he would be pulled. He did, so he was. :D
I see... so he was benched, not "benched". :) Thanks for the info.
Jordysghost wrote:Bears fans are actually giving Cutler props. lmao.

My Lord if he is not the most overpayed player in the league.
They know he's overpaid but I understand why they'd be giving him props. He's led them to late game victories two weeks in a row and today, he did it with a makeshift line in front of him and without his starting WRs. Cutler's a flawed starting QB but at least he's a legitimate starting QB. After watching the Bears offense struggle to score without him, I'm not surprised Bears fans are grateful to have him back in the lineup. They'd rather have the guy playing QB for your favorite team but with Cutler, at least they have hope. With Clausen, that was disappearing rapidly!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: I see... so he was benched, not "benched". :) Thanks for the info.
They know he's overpaid but I understand why they'd be giving him props. He's led them to late game victories two weeks in a row and today, he did it with a makeshift line in front of him and without his starting WRs. Cutler's a flawed starting QB but at least he's a legitimate starting QB. After watching the Bears offense struggle to score without him, I'm not surprised Bears fans are grateful to have him back in the lineup. They'd rather have the guy playing QB for your favorite team but with Cutler, at least they have hope. With Clausen, that was disappearing rapidly!
Cutler is barely a legitimate starting QB. That guy seriously, seriously sucks. I have never seen a player more rewarded for mediocre play then Cutler. The dude had one good season in his career and it was still kinda meh. Been nothing but downhill from there. 2 good finishing drives doesn't make an injury prone choker any less mediocre. Clausen coming in was one of the only times in Cutlers career where his replacement didn't come in and outplay him.

I absolutely hate hearing Bears fans say he is the best QB in Bears history, because, no.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

How messed up is the NFC East right now that the GIANTS are in 1st place??? Wow... And we are stuck with Green Bay :(
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018