View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Around the League - Week 5 
Author Message
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2799
Location: Missouri
Post Around the League - Week 5
TNF tonight is Colts at Texans.

I doubt I catch much of this game. With the way these two teams have been playing and with Caveman out, I'm not sure it's worth my time.

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:49 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17441
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
Matthew Stafford was benched. I don't think it will be permanent, but that is still a little surprising.
Dallas is in complete melt-down mode. I still don't think thye were as good as people said even with Romo and Bryant, but they are really bad now.
Buffalo continues to do well on the road.
I think there are five undefeated teams right now? Cincinnati, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Matthew Stafford was benched. I don't think it will be permanent, but that is still a little surprising.


They may have just figured there was no point in continuing to put him at risk since the game was clearly out of reach.

Quote:
I think there are five undefeated teams right now? Cincinnati, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver.


That's correct.

Edit: I just realized that's not correct. I forgot about the Panthers because they didn't play today. They're undefeated too.


Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
To anyone reading, I think it may be more appropriate to keep the rest of the NFL week 5 discussion here, rather than that thread in the Vikings Talk forum.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:31 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
How far the Niners have fallen..

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4011
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Matthew Stafford was benched. I don't think it will be permanent, but that is still a little surprising.


They may have just figured there was no point in continuing to put him at risk since the game was clearly out of reach.


Actually, he was told at halftime if he threw another pick he would be pulled. He did, so he was. :D

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
Bears fans are actually giving Cutler props. lmao.

My Lord if he is not the most overpayed player in the league.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:49 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
Funkytown wrote:
Actually, he was told at halftime if he threw another pick he would be pulled. He did, so he was. :D


I see... so he was benched, not "benched". :) Thanks for the info.

Jordysghost wrote:
Bears fans are actually giving Cutler props. lmao.

My Lord if he is not the most overpayed player in the league.


They know he's overpaid but I understand why they'd be giving him props. He's led them to late game victories two weeks in a row and today, he did it with a makeshift line in front of him and without his starting WRs. Cutler's a flawed starting QB but at least he's a legitimate starting QB. After watching the Bears offense struggle to score without him, I'm not surprised Bears fans are grateful to have him back in the lineup. They'd rather have the guy playing QB for your favorite team but with Cutler, at least they have hope. With Clausen, that was disappearing rapidly!


Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:00 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
Mothman wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Actually, he was told at halftime if he threw another pick he would be pulled. He did, so he was. :D


I see... so he was benched, not "benched". :) Thanks for the info.

Jordysghost wrote:
Bears fans are actually giving Cutler props. lmao.

My Lord if he is not the most overpayed player in the league.


They know he's overpaid but I understand why they'd be giving him props. He's led them to late game victories two weeks in a row and today, he did it with a makeshift line in front of him and without his starting WRs. Cutler's a flawed starting QB but at least he's a legitimate starting QB. After watching the Bears offense struggle to score without him, I'm not surprised Bears fans are grateful to have him back in the lineup. They'd rather have the guy playing QB for your favorite team but with Cutler, at least they have hope. With Clausen, that was disappearing rapidly!


Cutler is barely a legitimate starting QB. That guy seriously, seriously sucks. I have never seen a player more rewarded for mediocre play then Cutler. The dude had one good season in his career and it was still kinda meh. Been nothing but downhill from there. 2 good finishing drives doesn't make an injury prone choker any less mediocre. Clausen coming in was one of the only times in Cutlers career where his replacement didn't come in and outplay him.

I absolutely hate hearing Bears fans say he is the best QB in Bears history, because, no.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17441
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Around the League - Week 5
How messed up is the NFC East right now that the GIANTS are in 1st place??? Wow... And we are stuck with Green Bay :(

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.