NFL to go global?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: NFL to go global?

Post by fiestavike »

LondonViking wrote:I am a International Series goer and season ticket holder (currently 3 game format) and I can understand why the Team fans hate it (loosing a home game etc). I and most other UK/European fans are just happy to have live football on our laps.
If they make it a 17 game season they could have every team play a game on neutral ground in England without tipping the competitive balance by taking away home games.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

fiestavike wrote: If they make it a 17 game season they could have every team play a game on neutral ground in England without tipping the competitive balance by taking away home games.
With the ideas of Mexico and Berlin been mooted I believe this could be a future consideration
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The only way to make this work is give more byes for travel time IMO. You can't have players on planes
for several days and expect them to get ready for games, without a disadvantage.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Raiders host Houston Texans at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on Nov. 21 in the first-ever Monday Night Football game played outside the U.S.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly