View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Around the League - Week 3 
Author Message
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Around the League - Week 3
TNF tonight. Who's catching it?

Personally, I'm pretty bummed anytime I have to watch a NFC East game this year, but if I have to watch one, it might as well be the Redskins and Giants. They might be the least worst teams in that division.


Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:51 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Around the League - Week 3
Looks like the Gants defense came to play.

Although, I missed the safety. I don't know if the Giants played well or if Washington played poorly.


Last edited by DK Sweets on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:43 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
DK Sweets wrote:
Looks like the Gants defense came to play.

Although, I missed the safety. I don't know if the Giants played well or is Washington played poorly.


Rashad Jennings actually blocked a punt out of the endzone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:55 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
frosted wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
Looks like the Gants defense came to play.

Although, I missed the safety. I don't know if the Giants played well or is Washington played poorly.


Rashad Jennings actually blocked a punt out of the endzone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I wonder how this game is going to go. Eli just about threw an INT. This division, man...


Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
DK Sweets wrote:
frosted wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
Looks like the Gants defense came to play.

Although, I missed the safety. I don't know if the Giants played well or is Washington played poorly.


Rashad Jennings actually blocked a punt out of the endzone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I wonder how this game is going to go. Eli just about threw an INT. This division, man...


I'm just pissed about how well Matt Jones is running..I have Alf Morris in one of my leagues..sigh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
The suck is strong in this one.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:39 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Something about Thursday Night Football just isnt as good as Sundqy Night or Monday Night, idk. Maybe its just me.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
I generally hate TNF. I think it over saturates the market and I just don't feel like the product is very good with such a quick turnaround. But I'm home, so I give it a chance.

The TV is still on, but I stopped paying attention in the 2nd quarter.


Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:04 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
DK Sweets wrote:
I generally hate TNF. I think it over saturates the market and I just don't feel like the product is very good with such a quick turnaround. But I'm home, so I give it a chance.

The TV is still on, but I stopped paying attention in the 2nd quarter.

I switched to Memphis vs Cincinnati, way better game.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
This game actually got pretty good for a while. The special teams plays got silly.


Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17804
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
I generally hate TNF. I think it over saturates the market and I just don't feel like the product is very good with such a quick turnaround. But I'm home, so I give it a chance.

The TV is still on, but I stopped paying attention in the 2nd quarter.

I switched to Memphis vs Cincinnati, way better game.


What happened to the starting QB for Cincinnati? Is he ok?

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23710
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
I generally hate TNF. I think it over saturates the market and I just don't feel like the product is very good with such a quick turnaround. But I'm home, so I give it a chance.

The TV is still on, but I stopped paying attention in the 2nd quarter.

I switched to Memphis vs Cincinnati, way better game.


What happened to the starting QB for Cincinnati? Is he ok?


The school announced that Kiel was under observation, awake and able to move his arms and legs.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:55 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23710
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Why Thursday Night Football isn't going away:

Quote:
@CBSSportsGang Week 2 of Thursday Night Football - @Redskins vs. @Giants - Scores with an 11.9/20 in MM; +40% vs. last year: http://bit.ly/1PBxwVB


Through 2 weeks, TNF on CBS and @NFLNetwork is up 20% over last year, averaging a 13.2/23.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 87
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
I actually really like Thursday night football. Sure the games aren't as entertaining as Sunday but it's so tough to wait until Sunday for NFL games. It gives me my fix and makes my week seem a little shorter.


Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:54 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
nfcnorthchamps25 wrote:
I actually really like Thursday night football. Sure the games aren't as entertaining as Sunday but it's so tough to wait until Sunday for NFL games. It gives me my fix and makes my week seem a little shorter.


Dont get me wrong, I like it too, Id watch NFL football seven days a week if I could.

Its just the presented product just feels a little bit.. off. SNF and MNF are clear of this problem.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:32 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17804
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Roethlisberger out... With he and Romo out, i wonder how long it will be until the qbs have flags in their pockets for flag football.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Around the League - Week 3
Watching RedZone. They aren't showing much of Seattle/Chicago and I'm probably skipping over to it soon.

Kaepernick...lol

Tyrod Taylor is impressing me so far.

What games are you guys watching?


Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:54 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Roethlisberger out... With he and Romo out, i wonder how long it will be until the qbs have flags in their pockets for flag football.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I got in trouble by my fiancé for laughing when Rapistberger went down. That flies in the face of pretty much everything we value in sports...but then again, so does Roethlisraper.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17804
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Boy the refs just SCREWED Chicago. That punt clearly hit Seattle. Someone has money on Seattle covering, apparently.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Boy the refs just SCREWED Chicago. That punt clearly hit Seattle. Someone has money on Seattle covering, apparently.



It sure looked that way. Brutal call.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:48 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 3565
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
My upset of the month is the Broncos losing to the Lions tonight.

_________________
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!


Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:24 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
If the Broncos lose tonight, I'm going to be furious. I've picked them to lose both of the first two games, so if this is the one where they finally blow it, I'm going to be convinced Manning's only goal in life is to frustrate me.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:35 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Also, I'd really like to face a Broncos team that's sitting comfortably at 3-0 next week than a team trying to rally from their first loss.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:56 am
Posts: 5628
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
blowout festival this week! WOW! Bears shut out in a 26 to nothing loss, Patriots/Jaguars looked like one of this deliberate blowout college football games. 47-7 Cardinals over 49ers! Buffalo 41-14 over the Dolphins!
Even the Vikings put a nice butt whooping on in a game that was nowhere near as close as the score indicates, 31-14.

Craziness.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:00 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:56 am
Posts: 5628
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Bengals/Ravens as the "upset" of the week was a no brainer in the Pick 4 league.

I like that Dalton fellow.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
Watching this Denver game closely tonight. One of the more important game of the Mike Zimmer era coming up next Sunday.

It's going to be TOUGH for the offense to get things going against that defense.

I hope Rhodes can play, we'll need him, but I'm actually quite confident in our defense. We can get in Manning's face. I hope we smack him around a bunch and get him off his spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23710
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
frosted wrote:
Watching this Denver game closely tonight. One of the more important game of the Mike Zimmer era coming up next Sunday.

It's going to be TOUGH for the offense to get things going against that defense.

I hope Rhodes can play, we'll need him, but I'm actually quite confident in our defense. We can get in Manning's face. I hope we smack him around a bunch and get him off his spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Our offensive line doesn't stand a chance. Of course, perhaps neither does Denver's against ours. I'm serious when I say that Peyton could be taken out of the game if he absorbs half the hits Stafford/Rivers have the last two weeks.

You're right about needing Rhodes. We'll need AD to make a lot out of a little, per usual. As high as we might be right now I don't predict a win in this one unless we take out Manning and/or AD keeps us in this one.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:56 am
Posts: 5628
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
All I can say is, I'd hate to be the quarterback for either team. it is gonna be a sack and big hit jamboree out there.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:21 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 1753
Location: Utah
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
That was a crazy play there on the 4th and 1 right before halftime in the Denver/Detroit game. Thought they'd go for the field goal, but they went for it all.


Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:01 pm
Posts: 647
Post Re: Around the League - Week 3
DK Sweets wrote:
Also, I'd really like to face a Broncos team that's sitting comfortably at 3-0 next week than a team trying to rally from their first loss.

Agreed. 1. Hunnid

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.