View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Packers sign WR James Jones 
Packers Suck

Post Packers sign WR James Jones
Per Ian Rapport.

ESPN claims it wont be finalized untl Monday.

I like the move, and was hoping we would sign either him or Reggie Wayne, despite the fact that i think the Packers WR core is still a pretty good unit.

He already knows the offense, is only one season removed from GB (Though it feels like a longer time than that to me) and was in my opinion one of the best number 3 WRs in the league during his time with Rodgers and earlier Favre. He also has 5 less years of wear and tear then Reggie Wayne.

Just posting here because its divisional news. :thumbsup:

Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: Packers sign WR James Jones
I hope he gets hurt (joke... ).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Packers Suck

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I hope he gets hurt (joke... ).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Real nice. -.-

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:58 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
Per Ian Rapport.

ESPN claims it wont be finalized untl Monday.

I like the move, and was hoping we would sign either him or Reggie Wayne, despite the fact that i think the Packers WR core is still a pretty good unit.

He already knows the offense, is only one season removed from GB (Though it feels like a longer time than that to me) and was in my opinion one of the best number 3 WRs in the league during his time with Rodgers and earlier Favre. He also has 5 less years of wear and tear then Reggie Wayne.

Just posting here because its divisional news. :thumbsup:

It's a smart move to bolster their depth.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 am
Career Elite Player

After watching the game today, I really think the Packers should cut James Jones.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:59 pm
Commissioner

DK Sweets wrote:
After watching the game today, I really think the Packers should cut James Jones.

+1

Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:38 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

DK Sweets wrote:

+2.

And sign Troy Williamson.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am
Hall of Famer

Maybe they wanna trade CP for James Jones....

Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 am
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:

Is this more of the whole sign Packers thing? :wink:

Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:58 pm
Career Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:

Im actually convinced that he's not that good, he just has amazing chemistry with the best QB in football. I don't want him...I just don't want you to have him, either.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:

Im actually convinced that he's not that good, he just has amazing chemistry with the best QB in football. I don't want him...I just don't want you to have him, either.

I was just joking anyways, but Jones set his career high in receptions with the Raiders, and only got cut due to contract issues, the Giants also let him go in light of their young WR core and I think that was a mistake, he was arguably their best WR this preseaon.

I think hes pretty good, led the league in TD just a season before last.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 pm
Career Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
I was just joking anyways, but Jones set his career high in receptions with the Raiders, and only got cut due to contract issues, the Giants also let him go in light of their young WR core and I think that was a mistake, he was arguably their best WR this preseaon.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's THAT good. I haven't watched enough of him lately, but I just don't think three teams would let him walk in little over a year if he was as good as he's looked at times in Green Bay.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:15 pm
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's THAT good. I haven't watched enough of him lately, but I just don't think three teams would let him walk in little over a year if he was as good as he's looked at times in Green Bay.

His contract was the Raiders issue, the Giants releasing him was something of a head scratcher, as I said he was there best preseason WR but they have alot of young talent. But I get you, DK.

Personally I think the Packers are much better judges of WR talent then either of those teams.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:21 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

ugh, its sickening to think of how much better the packers are. I loathe aaron rodgers, but the Vikings really suck and aren't even competition for GB. Pathetic.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:39 am
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote:
ugh, its sickening to think of how much better the packers are. I loathe aaron rodgers, but the Vikings really suck and aren't even competition for GB. Pathetic.

I agree. You know the saying 'jealousy breeds contempt'. GB just gets the job done. Picking up JJ was huge for them. He is one great route running.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:44 pm
Career Elite Player

fiestavike wrote:
I mean, we're two games into the season and you're already certain we suck? We haven't played them yet and you say we're no competition?

The Browns beat the Titans, who destroyed the Buccaneers, who beat the Rams, who beat Seattle. Are the Browns better than Seattle? Are the Browns even good? For that matter, are the Seahawks bad?

The first month of the season is a crapshoot in a lot of ways. I understand the frustration last week, but didn't this week give you any hope?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:00 pm
Defensive Tackle

DK Sweets wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
I mean, we're two games into the season and you're already certain we suck? We haven't played them yet and you say we're no competition?

The Browns beat the Titans, who destroyed the Buccaneers, who beat the Rams, who beat Seattle. Are the Browns better than Seattle? Are the Browns even good? For that matter, are the Seahawks bad?

The first month of the season is a crapshoot in a lot of ways. I understand the frustration last week, but didn't this week give you any hope?

I understand the point you're making, and it's worth making, but I can't resist pointing out that the Buccaneers beat the Saints, not the Rams. The Redskins beat the Rams, but lost to Miami in week 1, who lost to Jacksonville on Sunday, who lost to Carolina in week 1. :)

I forget what that says about the Vikings and Packers!

I will say that after watching him the last two weeks, it's hard to believe James Jones was available. He's looked really good for GB.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:22 pm
Career Elite Player

Dangit Jim, don't point out the fallacy of my logic!

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:29 pm
Defensive Tackle

DK Sweets wrote:

The devil made me do it. :twisted:

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:49 pm
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:

The devil made me do it. :twisted:

LOL

Any given Sunday. Personally though, I wish those teams playing the Packers and Patriots proved that point a little more often.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]