Jordy Nelson ACL injury

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Jordy Nelson ACL injury

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: That was my thought too. Rodgers could get the job done even if he had Troy Williamson, Kent Hrbek, Lucy Liu, and Norm Peterson as his WRs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Well, I will agree with 4 of your 5. But not Troy "stone hands" Williamson. Even Rodgers couldn't help him. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Well, I will agree with 4 of your 5. But not Troy "stone hands" Williamson. Even Rodgers couldn't help him. :D
He could catch with his face mask.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Skol Vikings. :smilevike:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote:Skol Vikings. :smilevike:
I dont think injuries to a division rival are worthy of a battle cry.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Positive things for your team isn't worthy of a battle cry? :confused:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

DO NOT FEED.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote:Positive things for your team isn't worthy of a battle cry? :confused:
:roll: Nah, celebrating injuries is rather pathetic actually.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Jordysghost wrote: :roll: Nah, celebrating injuries is rather pathetic actually.

:govikes:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'm celebrating a positive for my team. :mrgreen:

Don't project your negativity onto me bro.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:I'm celebrating a positive for my team. :mrgreen:

Okay, you've celebrated. Please contribute something more substantial to the thread or move along.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: Okay, you've celebrated. Please contribute something more substantial to the thread or move along.

I am not happy that he got injured by any means, in fact he and Rogers are both class acts. But what some fans and lot's of my Viking friends are happy that a key player on our most hated rival team won't be playing and putting up his regular great numbers against the Vikes.
I am sure not many of the of the Packer fan base were sad to see AD go down with his knee injury or his suspension.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am not happy that he got injured by any means, in fact he and Rogers are both class acts. But what some fans and lot's of my Viking friends are happy that a key player on our most hated rival team won't be playing and putting up his regular great numbers against the Vikes.
I am sure not many of the of the Packer fan base were sad to see AD go down with his knee injury or his suspension.
Yeah Jordy Nelson seems to be a really cool guy, and I wish him the best. I want the Vikings to win very badly, I wish
it was them beating Nelson and Rodgers, versus him being hurt. I am hoping our defense and offense improve so much;
we win three superbowls in Teddy's career. I know that would be historic thing, and there are six or seven teams that
are in the mix every year.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote:I'm celebrating a positive for my team. :mrgreen:

Celebrate on pal, I certainly cant stop you.

But just a heads up, rejoicing over injuries is typically regarded as juvinile and rather undignified in most circles. :thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote: Celebrate on pal, I certainly cant stop you.

But just a heads up, rejoicing over injuries is typically regarded as juvinile and rather undignified in most circles. [emoji106]
Alright boys, drop it please. Thankfully most people who visit the board know that the vast majority of us are mature and are here to talk real football talk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jordysghost wrote: Celebrate on pal, I certainly cant stop you.

But just a heads up, rejoicing over injuries is typically regarded as juvinile and rather undignified in most circles. :thumbsup:
There are plenty of people who would say football itself is juvenile and undignified.
A bunch of grown men in uniforms playing a game.
I'm not celebrating a player being injured, I'm celebrating the result being a positive for the team I cheer for.

As far as "he's a great guy", you hear it for players on the team you cheer for, and players on other teams, I watch football. I cheer for the Vikings. Some people take this stuff way too personally...