View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Danny Shelton a force 
Strong Safety

Post Danny Shelton a force
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000513547/article/browns-danny-shelton-defensive-terror-in-the-making

This was the guy I really wanted and it's looking like the he is a major force bull rusher..

IMO this guy could be as disruptive as John Randle was for us inside, someday ...

Hopefully Waynes is a stud.. I know Rhodes took a while to develop.

Quote:
"Danny Shelton changes the math -- he takes on two offensive linemen every time," Browns inside linebacker Karlos Dansby told Jones. "Usually you get a one-on-one situation. But you have to put two people on him. If you put one guy on him, it's going to be hard to get a first down if you do."

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:21 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: Danny Shelton a force
I'm with you. I would've preferred Shelton to Waynes but our defensive tackle depth was/is pretty good and pretty young. Still...those Vince Wilfork/Pat Williams guys don't come around all the time.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:28 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
I'm with you. I would've preferred Shelton to Waynes but our defensive tackle depth was/is pretty good and pretty young. Still...those Vince Wilfork/Pat Williams guys don't come around all the time.

As you mentioned DT position (Joseph, Johnson and Floyd is pretty good, in fact a whole lot better than good and CB was a must.
People need to be patient with Waynes because IMO he will follow Rhode's path (first year big learning curve and then the next year will be solid to great) :thumbsup:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
Still...those Vince Wilfork/Pat Williams guys don't come around all the time.

I think he is going to be closer to a John Randle guy in the end.. He is very quick and can't split defenders
while reaching out to grab a guy and bring him down with one arm.

With Floyd Shelton Griffen and Robison /Crighton/Hunter .. my God, we would have been sacking and driving QB's
nuts..

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:49 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

jackal wrote:
Quote:
Still...those Vince Wilfork/Pat Williams guys don't come around all the time.

I think he is going to be closer to a John Randle guy in the end.. He is very quick and can't split defenders
while reaching out to grab a guy and bring him down with one arm.

With Floyd Shelton Griffen and Robison /Crighton/Hunter .. my God, we would have been sacking and driving QB's
nuts..

And still be seeing that left side CB position (maybe the worst in the league) continue to give up huge plays.
To each their own though. I loved the Waynes pick and it will pay-off big time when Rhodes and he morph into a pair of big, strong, fast shutdown corners dealing with the NFC North.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:10 pm
Career Elite Player

Purple bruise wrote:
And still be seeing that left side CB position (maybe the worst in the league) continue to give up huge plays.
To each their own though. I loved the Waynes pick and it will pay-off big time when Rhodes and he morph into a pair of big, strong, fast shutdown corners dealing with the NFC North.
Josh Robinson wasn't even close to the worst left CB in the league last year. He's had a pretty decent year.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:29 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

DK Sweets wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
Josh Robinson wasn't even close to the worst left CB in the league last year. He's had a pretty decent year.

I like Josh Robinson :confused:

He started bad...and I mean BAD. He then improved, and improved some more. He had a very bad game against Chicago and Brandon Marshall last year. He's not a guy that should be covering Brandon Marshall. But that doesn't mean he hasn't developed into a pretty good CB. I'll be curious to see if he makes his way back from injury and where he ultimately winds up.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:23 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

fiestavike wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:

I like Josh Robinson :confused:

He started bad...and I mean BAD. He then improved, and improved some more. He had a very bad game against Chicago and Brandon Marshall last year. He's not a guy that should be covering Brandon Marshall. But that doesn't mean he hasn't developed into a pretty good CB. I'll be curious to see if he makes his way back from injury and where he ultimately winds up.

Josh Robinson has gotten beaten as badly as any corner since Chris Cook. He may/might work out as a "slot corner" or nickle back but please do not tell me that he is a good corner back :? :?

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:57 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Purple bruise wrote:

Josh Robinson has gotten beaten as badly as any corner since Chris Cook. He may/might work out as a "slot corner" or nickle back but please do not tell me that he is a good corner back :? :?

I thought he played pretty good last season. Don't you think he's improved a lot since his first year?

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:59 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

fiestavike wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:

I thought he played pretty good last season. Don't you think he's improved a lot since his first year?

He absolutely has improved BUT the coaches and management IMO would not have spent a high 1st round pick on Waynes if they thought that he would turn out to be a starting quality CB.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:14 pm
Strong Safety

I think in time Waynes and Cook will make a really good tandem of Corners ...

I think out team would have stood a better chance or winning a in the next two or three
seasons with Shelton.. a much better chance

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

jackal wrote:

Dream big. :P

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

Funkytown wrote:
jackal wrote:

:lol:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am
Hall of Famer

Count me in as one of the people who thought that the team should have drafted Shelton too...

Wanyes has a lot of work to do. Hopefully, he pans out.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:02 pm
Defensive Tackle

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Count me in as one of the people who thought that the team should have drafted Shelton too...

I liked that idea too. I think he could end up being a very good NFL player.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:15 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:

ahh when it comes to the Vikings(especially long shot players)

I am like the small African american kid from Angels in the outfield, it could happen!

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:03 pm
Career Elite Player

Still perplexed how the Huskies were so bad with so much NFL talent on that defense.

Shelton is an animal.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:49 pm
Strong Safety

The SF confirmed my opinion of how much we needed Shelton .. nothing to do with Waynes .. he very well could be really good..

Shelton already dominates his spot.. Waynes looks like a two year project at best... I know Rhodes took a while ...

Not drafting that LSU LT with a 7th round pick.. we cut the other Tackle we picked anyways .. maybe we trade him
if he does not work out or gets in trouble

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]