Houston Texans tabbed for Hard Knocks

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Houston Texans tabbed for Hard Knocks

Post by dead_poet »

@McClain_on_NFL I think Bill O'Brien, Mike Vrabel, JJ Watt and Arian Foster will be Hard Knocks stars. I think C Ben Jones will emerge as unsung star.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Houston Texans tabbed for Hard Knocks

Post by jackal »

I'm glad its not the Vikings... I watched the Falcons last year and they seemed very distracted by the crew and filming.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

jackal wrote:I'm glad its not the Vikings... I watched the Falcons last year and they seemed very distracted by the crew and filming.
Their head coach and GM looked pretty goofy throughout...
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:I'm glad its not the Vikings... I watched the Falcons last year and they seemed very distracted by the crew and filming.
Yea, the only team in recent memory that i recall excelling after doing hard knocks are the 2010 Jets.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Texans don't need this right now...

They have some pieces and need to work on building their talent...

I don't ever want the Vikings to be on this show.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I would like to see the Bills on hard knocks. Rex Ryan in my opinion was entertaining that year he was on as the Jets coach. I agree with everyone please don’t have the Vikings on this show.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am curious as to why people don't want Minnesota on Hard Knocks? The only reason I wouldn't want the team on the show is because I don't have access to HBO (but if they did make I would buy HBO for sure). :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am curious as to why people don't want Minnesota on Hard Knocks? The only reason I wouldn't want the team on the show is because I don't have access to HBO (but if they did make I would buy HBO for sure). :lol:
Distraction, presumably.

FWIW Zimmer said he wouldn't have minded it (he's done it previously with the Bengals).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am curious as to why people don't want Minnesota on Hard Knocks? The only reason I wouldn't want the team on the show is because I don't have access to HBO (but if they did make I would buy HBO for sure). :lol:
I would love to see the Vikes on Hard Knocks!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

This is a great idea. Worth reading all of them.

Regrettable lines from HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
7. "We have given ourselves, as a franchise, a heck of a chance to come out of this thing with a Pro Bowl quarterback, or maybe two," -- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in 2002, speaking about Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ard-knocks