Did Peyton Manning almost get traded to the Texans?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Did Peyton Manning almost get traded to the Texans?

Post by DK Sweets »

Follow the link

If that's true, that's REALLY interesting. I'm sure many people disagree with me, but I think Manning is close to done if he's not already there. At the very least, his days of carrying a team are over.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Did Peyton Manning almost get traded to the Texans?

Post by Mothman »

It's an interesting rumor! If that had happened, it certainly would have made some waves.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The Broncos, their head of P.R., the Houston Chronicle, and the Denver Post have refuted the report. The Houston Chronicle's John McClain contacted three sources he "trusts" in the Texans' organization to gauge the report's accuracy. All three said it was "not true."

I can't imagine they'd pass up another chance at the title with Manning. While he may be declining, I can't imagine how he wouldn't still give the Broncos a significantly better chance to win a Super Bowl this year than Brock.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Well maybe there's some truth to it after all.

Source Confirms Texans Trade Talks With Broncos For Peyton Manning
SportsRadio 610 has learned that the Broncos and Texans, did in fact, have “very preliminary” talks about the Houston Texans acquiring the future Hall of Fame quarterback this offseason, according to a source.

The talks between the two teams occurred before Peyton Manning signed his restructured deal with the Broncos and before the Texans signed free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer. If the Texans were to acquire Manning they would have had to restructure Manning’s deal and SportsRadio 610’s source says the money in Houston would not have been as high as the $15 million Manning got from the Broncos. That $15 MIL was a $4 million paycut for the quarterback.
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/06/24/ ... n-manning/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly