NFL predictions 2015-2016

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

NFL predictions 2015-2016

Post by jackal »

NFC EAST
Cowboys 10-6
lesser running game but awesome O line and improving defense
take a somewhat weak division
Eagles 9-7
play playoff spoiler for other teams but Chip Kelley's
running off top tier talent begins to show....
Giants 7-9
team losses a lot nail biters but does not have
enough stopping power for other stronger teams
Redskins 5-11
bad management and overpaying for declining
talent.

NFC NORTH
Vikings 11-5
A.P. pulls defenses in close and Teddy gets first pro bowl
team improves 10 spots on offensive stats and is top ten
in defense
Green Bay Wildcard 10-6
Rodgers keep them in the race but defense and older
players injuries cost them the division for first time in years
Lions 8-8
team still has weapons but defense line is not the same and
teams run the ball straight at them, Lose on time of possesion
Bears 4-12
Team needs to rebuild and dumps Cutler after horrible year
Free Agent players depart

NFC SOUTH
Carolina 8-8
wins division and gets routed in first round by GB
New Orleans 6-10
lack of Talent across board
Falcons
5-11 too many NFC losses and road
game losses, poor defense
Tampa
3-13 still suck and have bad coaches

NFC West
Cardinals
12-4 Overall talent and good coaching win the division
Seattle 10-6 Wildcard
team still wins most games at home but player
contracts and Superbowl hang over cost division
Rams 7-9 Rams have good year but best division
in football
49ers 5-11
Team is a fraction of what it used to be and
coaches fired in next off season

AFC EAST
Buffalo 10-6
team off season wind division splits with NE
this season
New England 9-7
brady suspension costs them division for first time
in many seasons miss playoffs
Jets 7-9
team improves but QB costs them games
and defense is top ten
Miami
6-10 not a bad team and not a good
team...

AFC South
Colts 12-4 Number One seed in AFC
take advantage of very poor division
Houston
7-9 defense wins games but team needs
help still
Jacksonville
5-11 improving but poor compared
to other teams
Titans
4-12 they suck just a little less
than Tampa

AFC North
Bengals 10-6 better division wins
division
Ravens 10-6 wild card
lack of offense costs division
Steelers 9-7
miss wildcard but play spoiler
at end of season
Browns 5-11
not a good team

AFC West
Broncos 11-5
manning final season
San Diego 10-6 Wildcard
improved running game and
defense win some big games, but not enough
Oakland 7-9
defense close games.. improving team
Kanasas City
5-11 Andy Reid fired and retires
team starts rebuilding
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: NFL predictions 2015-2016

Post by Raptorman »

NFC EAST
Eagles 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Giants 9-7
Redskins 8-8
Griffin never makes the changes needed.
talent.

NFC NORTH
Vikings 11-5
Green Bay Wildcard 11-5
division winner will be a tiebreaker
Lions 9-7
Bears 7-9 Cutler throws the season away with Int's.

NFC SOUTH
Carolina 10-6
New Orleans 10-6
Falcons 5-11
Tampa
6-10 Welcome to the NFL Winston.

NFC West
Cardinals
12-4 Overall talent and good coaching win the division
Seattle 10-6
Rams 10-6
49ers 5-11

AFC EAST
Buffalo 11-5
New England 11-5 15 years of Belicheat, they have only had 2 seasons of single digit wins. This won't be one of them.
Jets 7-9
Miami 10-6

AFC South
Colts 12-4
Houston 10-6
Jacksonville 5-11
Titans 5-11

AFC North
Bengals 12-4
Ravens 10-6 wild card
Steelers 9-7
Browns 5-11

AFC West
San Diego 11-5
Broncos 10-6 Manning has terrible season.
Oakland 7-9
Kanasas City 9-7

Of course I did not add up wins and losses. So the number may be off.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I was thinking SD might take the AFC west but they always have something come up
with injuries ...

I think the Dallas OL is too good and will hide their issues in the run and Romo
upright ...
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Only finna do the our division, for the time being.

Packers (13-3) Best O in the league just got better, Rodgers has another MVP and further distances himself from Peyton in the record books, Defense once again starts off shaky but gets better and better as the season goes along, improving a couple spots from last year, but still cant shake the completely incorrect misperception that the Packers consistantly feild poor Defensive units.

Vikings (11-5) AP reenergizes a young talented squad, and Teddy takes complete advantage 8 men in the box, the hype train goes into full effect when they beat the conference leading Packers in TCF, all culminating in a narrow defeat on the frozen tundra with the NFC North Division Championship on the line. The demolition of the Carolina Panthers in the Wild Card round sets up yet another Packers Vikings playoff showdown at Lambeau.

Lions (7-9) The strength of there 2014 squad is gone, and Matthew Stafford has yet another shaky year.

Bears (4-12) Lack of talent and new coaching staff give Windy City fans something to groan about, their inexplicable loyalty to Jay Cutler finally comes to an end, when they draft a QB in the top 10 of the 2015 draft.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Jordysghost wrote:Rodgers has another MVP and further distances himself from Peyton in the record books...
...what?
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Funkytown wrote: ...what?
The only QB in NFL history even close to Rodgers statistically is Peyton, who still has lower passer rating, completion percentage, and TD INT ratio then A-Rod, while also averaging less yards, less TDs, and more INTs then Rodgers.

How do you think the season/division is goona play out, who do you got?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Jordysghost wrote: The only QB in NFL history even close to Rodgers statistically is Peyton, who still has lower passer rating, completion percentage, and TD INT ratio then A-Rod, while also averaging less yards, less TDs, and more INTs then Rodgers.

Packer Seahawks:
This is your boys stats in the biggest game of his career QBR 51.0 and RTG 55.8
Green Bay Passing:
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
A. Rodgers 19/34 178 5.2 1 2 1-7 51.0 55.8
FYI Romo lead the NFL in passer rating last year :nono:
Did you get a hold of some bad cheese :confused: Although I would agree that Rodgers is one of the top QB's currently playing he has miles to go to to even sniff the passing record. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm
Currently he is ranked #48 in all time passing yards.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: The only QB in NFL history even close to Rodgers statistically is Peyton, who still has lower passer rating, completion percentage, and TD INT ratio then A-Rod, while also averaging less yards, less TDs, and more INTs then Rodgers.

I'm just hoping Rodgers retires soon. He's great, no doubt, but I don't like his personality. Also I hate seeing the Packers win, and his retirement would help limit their victories.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote: Packer Seahawks:
This is your boys stats in the biggest game of his career QBR 51.0 and RTG 55.8
Green Bay Passing:
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
A. Rodgers 19/34 178 5.2 1 2 1-7 51.0 55.8
FYI Romo lead the NFL in passer rating last year :nono:
Did you get a hold of some bad cheese :confused: Although I would agree that Rodgers is one of the top QB's currently playing he has miles to go to to even sniff the passing record. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm
Currently he is ranked #48 in all time passing yards.
Aaron Rodgers leads NFL history in Passer rating, completion %, TD INT ratio, average tds per season, and average int per season. Who cares who led in passer rating last year, Rodgers leads NFL history. Did you even read my post? I have to admit, its hard for me to reply when im really not clear on the intent of your post, are you rebuking my thoughts on how Rodgers stacks up historically? Or just that Rodgers wont be the all time leader in passing yards? (Which I agree with) You dont make it very clear.

As I said, the only QB even close to Rodgers statistically is Peyton, who is second in most of those same statistics above.

EDIT: Now i actually rechecked, and Peyton actually averages about 25 more YPG, every other stat I posted is still a hundred percent correct however. And dude I never said he'd break the all time passing yards mark. I never thought that, what with his first 3 years on the bench. Its hilarious how you try and downplay an indisputably top 3 all time player at his position, by calling him top 10 currently playing. Thats like calling AP simply a pretty good probowl level RB. I cant tell if you truly dont know how to read statistics, or if you are just being obtuse.

Downplay it all you want the fact is that Rodgers leads nearly every major passing statistic, if you want to measure CAREER stats you have to wait till he played an entire career like the other guys on the list. But as of now his efficiency and statistical output up to to this point in his career is undisputably unparraled. Post stats to disprove this. Please, go ahead. You cant.

Um what? In the biggest game of his career Rodgers was 24-37 and 3 tds. :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like you need to put your personal biases aside. Btw, who you got this year?
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
Aaron Rodgers leads NFL history in Passer rating, completion %, TD INT ratio, average tds per season, and average int per season.

As I said, the only QB even close to Rodgers is Peyton, who is second in most statistics.

Lmao dude where did i say hed break the alltime passing yards mark? I never thoughtt hat, what with his first 3 years on the bench.

Downplay it all you want the fact is that Rodgers leads nearly every major passing statistic, if you want to measure all time stats you have to wait till he played an entire career like the other guys on the list. But as of now his efficiency and statistical output up to to this point in his career is undisputably unparraled. Post stats to disprove this. Please, go ahead. You cant.

Um what? In the biggest game of his career Rodgers was 24-37 and 3 tds. :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like you need to put your personal biases aside and perhaps do a little research.
But you have to admit that the discount double check is far more obnoxious and offensive than the "fake moon"... :) The only worse celebration is Clay Matthews "metamucil" celebration. Its just awful to watch.

Oh, and Rodgers' "my little pony" gallop maneuver?...revolting!

having said all of that Rodgers is an excellent QB...I hate him.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: But you have to admit that the discount double check is far more obnoxious and offensive than the "fake moon"... :) The only worse celebration is Clay Matthews "metamucil" celebration. Its just awful to watch.

Oh, and Rodgers' "my little pony" gallop maneuver?...revolting!

having said all of that Rodgers is an excellent QB...I hate him.
I could understand people being annoyed with the belt thing, but imo, its displaying confidence in oneself and his team, not "Kiss my ####." like Randys gesture, but we have covered this quite heavily recently. :)

Oh dont even start, AP has been has been running roughshod on my nightmares for quite some time now.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
I could understand people being annoyed with the belt thing, but imo, its displaying confidence in oneself and his team, not "Kiss my ####." like Randys gesture, but we have covered this quite heavily.

Oh dont even start, AP has been has been running roughshod on my nightmares for quite some time now.
I think all the celebrations are tacky and revolting, including the moon, and Jared Allen's calf roping, Brian Robison'ss fishing, and yes, the discount double check. But alas, things have changed. This is par for the course these days so what can you do.

I would put a rule in place that if you want to celebrate your sack/td/tackle/FG etc, you waive your right to be protected by the rules and other players can take all the shots they want on you without being penalized, but I doubt that idea is going to get a lot of traction.

I enjoy the banter Jordy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:I think all the celebrations are tacky and revolting, including the moon, and Jared Allen's calf roping, Brian Robison'ss fishing, and yes, the discount double check. But alas, things have changed. This is par for the course these days so what can you do.

I would put a rule in place that if you want to celebrate your sack/td/tackle/FG etc, you waive your right to be protected by the rules and other players can take all the shots they want on you without being penalized, but I doubt that idea is going to get a lot of traction.
Yes, somehow, i don't think that would fly with the competition committee. :) I do think the celebration is excessive in today's game though. Different times...
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I honestly think we can beat the Pack or at least split.. our defense should be even better this year
and our OL has to be better...Wallace is bigger threat downfield than Jennings was and Johnson and
Patterson should be better as well..

Detroit defense should suffer against the run big time with Suh and Fairly gone..
Yeah they got Ngata from the Ravens but he is much older now...Beating Detroit
is just about limiting Johnson and Stafford will force it and turnovers ensue...

I'm very curious to see how Foles does for the Rams ....
If he gets them going man that division will be tuff..
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:I honestly think we can beat the Pack or at least split.. our defense should be even better this year
and our OL has to be better...Wallace is bigger threat downfield than Jennings was and Johnson and
Patterson should be better as well..

Detroit defense should suffer against the run big time with Suh and Fairly gone..
Yeah they got Ngata from the Ravens but he is much older now...Beating Detroit
is just about limiting Johnson and Stafford will force it and turnovers ensue...

I'm very curious to see how Foles does for the Rams ....
If he gets them going man that division will be tuff..
I think you guys could definitly challenge the Pack for the division as well, and im not just saying that. I had no problem telling Bears fans that the hype they were getting prior to last season was completely undeserved and unrealistic.

But I seriously think the Packers and Vikes are both set to field the most complete teams that either of them have fielded in quite a while, I havent been this excited for a Packers team, or this wary of a Vikings team in a long, long time.

And im calling it now, week 17 @ Lambeau will be for the division, maybe im just a romanticist though. :)