View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Tanehill extended 
Commissioner

Post Tanehill extended
Quote:
@AdamSchefter Dolphins are giving QB Ryan Tanehill a six-year, $96 million extension that includes $45 million guaranteed, per league source.

Mon May 18, 2015 3:19 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: Tanehill extended
*eeeeee eee eeeek*

"I'm a Dolphin!"

Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm
Defensive Tackle

:rofl:

Mon May 18, 2015 4:38 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

OMG, if he is worth that, what is Teddy worth??? :shock:

Mon May 18, 2015 6:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:

We'll know in a few years.

Tue May 19, 2015 7:43 am
Commissioner

Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Exactly. Teddy's body of work to date doesn't yet support a Tanehill-level extension.

Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Exactly. Teddy's body of work to date doesn't yet support a Tanehill-level extension.

Suppose Teddy looks great this year, and suppose the going rate for QBs is 20 mil a year. Would you consider extending him early (with 2 years and an option left on his contract) to something like an 8 year deal for 100 million plus whatever remains on his rookie deal in order to reduce the cap hit over the last 5 of those 8 years by absorbing some of it now? I would imagine that players might be open to this kind of thing as it really reduces the financial impact of injury for them, but probably gives up a slightly higher pay day when their rookie deal is up.

Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 am
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
Suppose Teddy looks great this year, and suppose the going rate for QBs is 20 mil a year. Would you consider extending him early (with 2 years and an option left on his contract) to something like an 8 year deal for 100 million plus whatever remains on his rookie deal in order to reduce the cap hit over the last 5 of those 8 years by absorbing some of it now? I would imagine that players might be open to this kind of thing as it really reduces the financial impact of injury for them, but probably gives up a slightly higher pay day when their rookie deal is up.

That's a lot of hypotheticals for me but I'll ask this: has a quarterback ever been extended to that degree that early in his contract? Kaepernick might be a close example and not a particularly good one (http://www.inquisitr.com/2096386/san-fr ... be-traded/ ). I don't think you do, not with so much remaining on a very cheap contract. I would probably want a greater sample size before forking over that kind of cash. But it's so hard to determine without having seen his 2015. So much can happen. And if he plays well, well to what degree? The more I think about it the more I want to see him play two full seasons before thinking about an extension, most likely in 2017.

Tue May 19, 2015 9:30 am
Defensive Tackle

fiestavike wrote:

I think that's too soon. Like dead_poet, I'd want to see at least two full seasons of his play before extending his contract, and that's assuming (as we are in this hypothetical scenario) that he looks great.

Would you make a deal like that?

Tue May 19, 2015 9:57 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

I think that's too soon. Like dead_poet, I'd want to see at least two full seasons of his play before extending his contract, and that's assuming (as we are in this hypothetical scenario) that he looks great.

Would you make a deal like that?

I'm not sure. I think it depends on cap situation but I'd be inclined to consider it seriously. Especially since NFL contracts are not guaranteed, if he regresses you don't lose that much, and you maybe are putting yourself in position to retain a couple extra starter caliber players over each of the next 8 years by paying 15 million instead of 20 million a year to your QB. The risk seems more financial than tactical, so since it isn't my money, I lean toward making that deal...Probably only possible once Peterson's contract is done though.

Tue May 19, 2015 12:51 pm
Strong Safety

Seemed like a fair deal for his performance, versus what most of the other QB's are making now.
I can't believe Seattle is dragging their feet, on Wilson. He is going cost them, a ton of money.

Thu May 21, 2015 12:59 pm
All Pro Elite Player

jackal wrote:
Seemed like a fair deal for his performance, versus what most of the other QB's are making now.
I can't believe Seattle is dragging their feet, on Wilson. He is going cost them, a ton of money.

I hope they stick to their guns and don't do the slow creep ego boost of making him "the highest paid QB" by .3 million dollars. Hes a good QB, he isn't worth 126 million or whatever though, imo

Sun May 24, 2015 5:47 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

IrishViking wrote:
jackal wrote:

I hope they stick to their guns and don't do the slow creep ego boost of making him "the highest paid QB" by .3 million dollars. Hes a good QB, he isn't worth 126 million or whatever though, imo

Seattle should have drafted Hundley.

Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 am
Packers Suck

Unless Wilson becomes a star QB that can carry his team, the Seahawks can kiss being a contender goodbye. Hope they enjoyed their 15 minutes.

Sun May 24, 2015 6:48 pm
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
jackal wrote:

Seattle should have drafted Hundley.

I couldnt believe Hundley fell so far.

For whatever reason, I completely anticipated him being the next franchise QB for Chicago.

Sun May 24, 2015 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]