Bo and Boz Interview

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Bo and Boz Interview

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kind of an interesting interview with Bo Jackson and Brian Bozworth. Apparently the first time they have talked in 27 years since the MNF game where Bo Jackson had his coming out party. I like what they have to say about the game nowadays and how kids are being taught hitting rather than the fundamentals.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12859 ... hawks-game
What do you guys like and dislike about today's game?

Boz: I don't like that the defense can't be physical and they have to adjust their physicality during the course of the play. Not prior to, or after, but actually during the play. They have to figure out a way to adjust their approach to the hit, which, to me, changes a key ingredient and a part of the philosophy of playing defense. Everything is spread out so far now. Kids today are not taught the fundamentals of the game: how to block and tackle. We were taught back in the day how to do the simple things first before we moved on to, "OK, let's spread this thing way out all over the place, throw it every down, run a track meet and try to score 65 points in every game."

Bo: I was taught, go out play hard-nose, ugly football. Then you look good after you win. Guys are doing too much celebrating on a simple tackle.
More at the link.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Bo and Boz Interview

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Kind of an interesting interview with Bo Jackson and Brian Bozworth. Apparently the first time they have talked in 27 years since the MNF game where Bo Jackson had his coming out party. I like what they have to say about the game nowadays and how kids are being taught hitting rather than the fundamentals.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12859 ... hawks-game
More at the link.
It's funny to hear a wild looking dude like Boz sound like a nostalgic grandpa: "Back in my day, we used to walk up hill both ways to school!"
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Bo and Boz Interview

Post by The Breeze »

The over/under for torn ACLs due to celebration dances is set at 4 this season.