NFL hard to watch

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

NFL hard to watch

Post by Laserman »

Not sure how much more of this I can stomach and still be fan. Patriots QB Cheating in the AFC championship game, patriots Tight end Convicted of Murder, Panthers DE Beats up his girlfriend, Ray Rice Knocks his wife out. The NFl is just turned into horde of Criminals and Gang members these days. 50% of these guys can't read at a 9th grade level, Most talk like uneducated criminals although they were given a FREE Ride at the best Colleges in the USA only to take Basket weaving, Home economics and archery classes in order to make grades good enough to be allowed to play college ball. They sure don't sound like thy passed any College English Courses. The Dallas Cowboys have filled the draft with Criminal Types. What Integrity of the game are these people talking about? Seems plain to me that Winning at any cost is the only priority of anyone associated with the NFL these days. Sure is NOT the NFL I grew up watching in the 60s and 70s where NFL players were looked up to as role Models. The NFL is becoming a JOKE.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: NFL hard to watch

Post by The Breeze »

I get the sentiment.

I'm not convinced the people running the show are all the best citizens either.

Utah Phillips used to say: "As long as there are bums on the plush, there'll be bums on the rails"

none of it really matters to me for 3 hrs on sundays....but I spend zero dollars on the NFL. Absolutely zero.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

There is literally so much wrong with this post that I feel like it's a waste of my time to go through it point-by-point, but I do feel the need to at least say how wrong I think you are.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I have similar feelings ....

Another problem I have is how completely random the penalties seem to be with Rodger, at the helm.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!