Eagles...Chip has everyone confused

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

To me the Eagles has been one of the most confusing teams this off season.
They just signed Murray. Not sure I would have. I think Dallas about run him to death last season.
The Bradford / Foles trade was also confusing :confused:

With Murray signed with the Eagles AP to the Cowboys??
Last edited by halfgiz on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think Chip Kelly is going for a NBA type of offseason. He'll move anybody and everybody to get what he thinks is best. It's not really surprising considering how innovative and aggressive he has been on the field...it only makes sense that his personality would show in his GM moves as well.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Eagles...Chip has everyone confused

Post by The Breeze »

DK Sweets wrote:I think Chip Kelly is going for a NBA type of offseason. He'll move anybody and everybody to get what he thinks is best. It's not really surprising considering how innovative and aggressive he has been on the field...it only makes sense that his personality would show in his GM moves as well.
Defintely NBA type movement. They'll be fun to watch this season.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The Eagles will still be very beatable. Kelly is throwing spaghetti at the wall. I will be surprised if they finish above .500
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I don't think Chip is gonna last long in Philly...he traded away his two most important offensive players and replaced them with huge injury risks. It's pretty much a guarantee that one of Bradford, Murray, or Mathews misses a significant amount of time. Good chance that two of them get hurt, actually. Chip also apparently works his players pretty hard in practice, so there's that to factor in as well. Who else do they even have in Philly now? Riley Cooper? This has disaster written all over it.

It'll look even worse for them when McCoy and Foles have good seasons with their new teams. I think McCoy can still perform at an elite level up in Buffalo, who are shaping up to be a team to watch next year. Not quite sure about Foles in STL because they seem to be lacking talent on offense but he definitely seems like a better QB than Bradford, who is damaged goods.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

sorry , but Bradford is crap. He'll get hurt again within 5 games. He's stuck with the butt fumbler
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

HornedMessiah wrote:I don't think Chip is gonna last long in Philly...he traded away his two most important offensive players and replaced them with huge injury risks. It's pretty much a guarantee that one of Bradford, Murray, or Mathews misses a significant amount of time. Good chance that two of them get hurt, actually. Chip also apparently works his players pretty hard in practice, so there's that to factor in as well. Who else do they even have in Philly now? Riley Cooper? This has disaster written all over it.

It'll look even worse for them when McCoy and Foles have good seasons with their new teams. I think McCoy can still perform at an elite level up in Buffalo, who are shaping up to be a team to watch next year. Not quite sure about Foles in STL because they seem to be lacking talent on offense but he definitely seems like a better QB than Bradford, who is damaged goods.
Thing is, you basically bring in a guy like Chip Kelly because he's unconventional. When you bring in a guy that's a risk taker you have to expect moves like this and I think Philly is probably alright with it. The Eagles are certainly going to be one of the more interesting teams to watch this season.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Kelly dealings kind of remind me of Josh McDaniel's at Denver a few years back.
The key is going to be Bradford staying healthy. They have enough running backs so that shouldn't be a problem.
Sanchez showed what he was capable of this year. Surprised they resigned him.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Its either going to work out really really well and be highly entertaining.

Or

Work out really really poorly and being highly entertaining.

:twisted:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

IrishViking wrote:Its either going to work out really really well and be highly entertaining.

Or

Work out really really poorly and being highly entertaining.

:twisted:
Ha! Indeed. Iggles fans excluded.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

TeBow trying out for the Eagles :shock:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

After the Eagles traded for quarterback Sam Bradford, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said that he’d already been offered a first-round pick in a trade for Bradford.

Mike Florio wondered about which team might have been willing to make such an offer and came up with the Browns as a best guess. It may have been the right one.

Charley Casserly of NFL Media reported that it was the Browns, who own two first-round picks this year and an uncertain quarterback situation even after signing Josh McCown following his release by the Buccaneers, who made the offer. Adam Caplan of ESPN reported the same on Tuesday and added it was the 19th pick that they received in a trade with Buffalo during the first round last year that they were willing to deal.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Trade for Sam Bradford and Kiko Alonso. Sign Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews, Miles Austin. Resign DeMeco Ryans.

Man Chip must have a lot of faith in his medical staff :shock:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

saint33 wrote:Trade for Sam Bradford and Kiko Alonso. Sign Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews, Miles Austin. Resign DeMeco Ryans.

Man Chip must have a lot of faith in his medical staff :shock:
I hear they are checking out Greg Childs and Napoleon Kaufman.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Bob Sanders working out the Eagles tomorrow.

:rofl:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins