Deflategate: Brady suspended, Pats lose draft picks & fined

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Deflategate report is in: Brady "generally aware"

Post by The Breeze »

808vikingsfan wrote: It's not even about the PSI. I think everyone knows the NFL's inflation policy needs to be overhauled big time. For me, it's about how the Patriots tried altering the balls after the officials checked it and are now trying to cover it up. It's about how Brady and the Patriots are obstructing an NFL investigation by not being truthful and cooperative.
And this is the basic truth of it for me.

The problem is the NFL has been just as consistent in it's own obstructing, covering up and not cooperating in it's own misdeeds. Concussions and prescription pain killers etc.

It makes the whole process even more of a farce IMO.

It really seems like there should be a single standard for equipment....especially the damn ball! ...and everyone be required to use the same balls, helmets, tees etc.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

The Breeze wrote:And this is the basic truth of it for me.

The problem is the NFL has been just as consistent in it's own obstructing, covering up and not cooperating in it's own misdeeds. Concussions and prescription pain killers etc.

It makes the whole process even more of a farce IMO.

It really seems like there should be a single standard for equipment....especially the damn ball! ...and everyone be required to use the same balls, helmets, tees etc.
I thought you meant T-Shirts when I first read that post...all I could think was "Bro, they're called JERSEYS."
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Deflategate report is in: Brady

Post by The Breeze »

DK Sweets wrote:I thought you meant T-Shirts when I first read that post...all I could think was "Bro, they're called JERSEYS."
:lol:
That reminds me of Greg Pruitt of the old Cleveland Browns. He used to wear those break away jerseys before they made a rule against them.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

‏@AdamSchefter And now NFL has announced it. Tom Brady suspended four games, Patriots fined $1 million, lose two picks.
team loses a 1st-rounder next year, a 4th-rounder in 2017
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Deflategate: Brady suspended, Pats lose draft picks & fi

Post by dead_poet »

Patriots employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club
Full NFL release: http://tmi.me/1f4cLC

From Troy Vincent's letter to the Patriots: http://tmi.me/1f4cLJ

From Troy Vincent's letter to Tom Brady: http://tmi.me/1f4cLR
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@SeifertESPN This is just the beginning, friends. Tom Brady has the right to appeal his 4-game suspension w arbitrator. Legal options as well. #Patriots
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Of course it is just the beginning. I think the team was stealing signals and tampering with the ball all throughout its "dynasty."

Anyhow, can you think the league can back off on suspending a player for cheating in a playoff game? The fanbase would lose its mind.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

dead_poet wrote:
While this is true. Brady did not cooperate with the investigation. Tough to appeal when you have nothing to back you up.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@JasonLaCanfora NFL points to specific misdeeds by the Patriots in Spygate and lack of full cooperation by team employees in this investigation as factors
@AlbertBreer Patriots/Brady paying for the lack of cooperation. NFL doesn't have subpoena power, doesn't put players under oath. So this is their hammer.
@LATimesfarmer Four-game suspension means Brady's first game back will be at Colts, who blew the whistle on Patriots.
@TomPelissero "Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules ..."
@JohnMiddlekauff Brady was penalized by the NFL for not handing over the phone, despite "being offered extraordinary safeguards by the investigators" #GTFOH
@JohnMiddlekauff When will Robert Kraft get his apology? Later this week?
@AdamSchefter Though Tom Brady wasn't fined, he is scheduled to make $8 million this season. Being suspended 4 games costs Brady about $2 million.
@RexHuppke BREAKING: Handsome rich man from New England forced to take four-week vacation with supermodel wife, nation weeps
And my favorite:
@itsCrabAll joking aside, Tom Brady should be thrown in jail for at least 15 years.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Didn't know McNally and Jastremski were also indefinitely suspended. I'm guessing one of them may break down and sell an interview to the highest bidder.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Maybe this will finally get the point across that they aren't bigger than the game. And instead of finding ways around rules, they should just play within them. And I doubt these are the only times they've done things outside the rules....
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:
Am I the only one who can separate "supermodel" from "attractive"?

Mrs. Brady is not a looker.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

fiestavike wrote: Am I the only one who can separate "supermodel" from "attractive"?

Mrs. Brady is not a looker.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're probably alone on that one. She is at worst overhyped and at best very attractive.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

She is very, very overhyped. But honestly Ive dated girls who are prettier, none famous supermodels though.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Jordysghost wrote:She is very, very overhyped. But honestly Ive dated girls who are prettier, none famous supermodels though.
That's the beer goggles talking.