Hate this month as NFL Fan

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Hate this month as NFL Fan

Post by jackal »

Man after the buzz of Free Agency is done and the combine wears off.. the next month is the worst...

You have all the talking heads just throwing out guesses as to their mock drafts...

NFL network is just repeating two or three best ever Superbowl games

GM's and Head Coaches are in poker mode

and you have a month before you find out your team drafts

THIS MONTH SUCKS!!! :(
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Hate this month as NFL Fan

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:Man after the buzz of Free Agency is done and the combine wears off.. the next month is the worst...

You have all the talking heads just throwing out guesses as to their mock drafts...

NFL network is just repeating two or three best ever Superbowl games

GM's and Head Coaches are in poker mode

and you have a month before you find out your team drafts

THIS MONTH SUCKS!!! :(
At least it's not as bad as that stretch from late June until training camp. Those are the dog days of the year for us NFL fans!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Jim wrote,
At least it's not as bad as that stretch from late June until training camp. Those are the dog days of the year for us NFL fans!
Oh I think this time of year is worse for several reasons...

You have cuts and players to examine in June, that do not exist right now.

You are able to see the schedule and start trying seeing how the season will play out.

Other teams are close to being set, usually everyone knows with a few exceptions who is looking strong in their division or conference.

The weather is better and people are wearing less clothing, that is usually something to pass time on ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

It sucks, for sure.

As I got a lil older it stopped feeling so long, usually once we hit the draft is when I start getting excited again.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I enjoy baseball too...so, this is actually a fun month for me.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

The Breeze wrote:I enjoy baseball too...so, this is actually a fun month for me.
College Basketball eases the boredom a bit, until your team loses in the National Championship. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Jordysghost wrote: College Basketball eases the boredom a bit, until your team loses in the National Championship. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

I skipped it this year....but another title for Duke makes me a little sick. :roll: