Eagles...Chip has everyone confused

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Eagles...Chip has everyone confused

Post by jackal »

I tell you what if these moves don't produce quickly the Eagles fans are going to want to string him up ....

I mean, they booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs, for nothing
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Had a fun thought the other day. It'd be interesting if this played out, though unlikely:

Chip trades Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez to Cleveland for Cleveland's first pick and Johnny Manziel (Chip may need to pony up some change in the form of a mid-to-late-rounder to even it out of the Browns value Manziel at all, which I'm not sure they do).

Chip then trades both of Philly's first-round picks and their second-rounder to Tennessee for the #2 spot and draft Marcus Mariota.

Chip's depth chart to open the season:

#1: Marcus Mariota
#2: Johnny Manziel
#2: Tim Tebow

Net: three effective running QBs to run Chip's system.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:Had a fun thought the other day. It'd be interesting if this played out, though unlikely:

Chip trades Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez to Cleveland for Cleveland's first pick and Johnny Manziel (Chip may need to pony up some change in the form of a mid-to-late-rounder to even it out of the Browns value Manziel at all, which I'm not sure they do).

Chip then trades both of Philly's first-round picks and their second-rounder to Tennessee for the #2 spot and draft Marcus Mariota.

Chip's depth chart to open the season:

#1: Marcus Mariota
#2: Johnny Manziel
#2: Tim Tebow

Net: three effective running QBs to run Chip's system.
That would make the eagles even more fun to watch. I think Tennessee would be crazy to pass on Mariota, mostly because I'm not liking any of the other QBs past him and Winston......although Mannion might make a good pro and I hope that kid from Marshal gets a crack at it. Those picks would be tempting though.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

This is getting fun. I hope something wacky like this happens.

Eagles' latest Marcus Mariota rumor involves Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Sam Bradford

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015 ... etche.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Waiting with great anticipation for the post-draft fallout of the Eagles' stinker. If all the rumors about Chip offering several players and picks to move up are true then he could have a mutiny on his hands. He won't make it through the season if the team isn't playing well. It even came out today that he said their guard Evan Mathis has been on the trade block for two years and there have been no takers. Not a controversial statement per se, but maybe the relationship between the two isn't great to begin with and now it just brings all that to light.

Spielman should be watching this situation like a vulture to take advantage. If things really sour in the next few days, maybe try to get guys like Mathis and Kendricks on the cheap. Sweet jeebus I'm salivating at the chance here to upgrade the roster.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm secretly hoping we can still get Mychal for a 2016 third or fourth rounder and put Eric at Will
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:I'm secretly hoping we can still get Mychal for a 2016 third or fourth rounder and put Eric at Will
That would be something! Like a better version of EJ and Erin.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: That would be something! Like a better version of EJ and Erin.
Indeed. The speed and playmaking ability would be impressive. Doubt it happens but a boy can dream.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

All of this wheeling and dealing has me reeling.

:roll: :lol:

I think Chip Kelly is trying to hard to be a maverick and a genius and has really outthunk himself here.
Too smart and revolutionary for his own good!

I have no clue how the quarterback trade makes sense. Why would you trade somebody with injury concerns who has at least delivered on the field when isn't injured (15-9 as a starter, almost 7000 yards and 46 touchdowns to 17 interceptions in 28 games)...to land somebody with a playing career dogged by injuries who just missed the entire last season with a major ACL tear? The last 4 seasons for Bradford are statistically pedestrian apart from a very good 3700 yarder 2012.
Career wise, he's never had a winning season and went 3-4 before missing an entire season with a major injury. I really hope the infatuation with the release
speed pays off but I for one ain't buyin' it. Speaking of buying, I hope they get a contract re-jiggering because Bradford is due 13 million dollars on the last year of his contract. Yikes!

They brought in Bradford and if he's the guy, fine. But at the same time, they lost a 1200 yard, 6 touchdown wide receiver and a 1300, 10 touchdown receiver!
Is it really time to dish your two best wide receivers when you wanna play QB Guru? The top wide receivers for them look to be Jordan Matthews, Miles Austin and Bradley Cooper and I say confidently that the much maligned, and justly so, Vikings receiving corps is a lot better than that.
The whole knock on Bradford is he didn't have the offensive tools to make it happen and you go with that pig slop?

DeMarco Murray looks like a strict upgrade to McCoy but its..shady. See what I did there? The yards gap all but disappears when you take into account
the fact that the Cowboys ran Murray into the dirt and gave him nearly 110 more touches (80 rushing attempts and at least 27 more targets for receptions).
The cost factor in McCoy's contract disappears. 5 year/42 million for Murray and the Bills gave McCoy 5 years/40 million. Prior to 2014, the prior 3 seasons
of Murray would have been close to statistical worsts for McCoy. Instead of a slam dunk, this is another rolling of the dice. And just because a guy was
a stud for another team doesn't mean he'll gel with yours at all. They traded a way a sure fire lock for 1500 all purpose yards again for Murray. We'll see if that gamble pays off, but I am skeptical.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Hunter Morrow wrote:They brought in Bradford and if he's the guy, fine. But at the same time, they lost a 1200 yard, 6 touchdown wide receiver and a 1300, 10 touchdown receiver!
Is it really time to dish your two best wide receivers when you wanna play QB Guru? The top wide receivers for them look to be Jordan Matthews, Miles Austin and Bradley Cooper and I say confidently that the much maligned, and justly so, Vikings receiving corps is a lot better than that.
The whole knock on Bradford is he didn't have the offensive tools to make it happen and you go with that pig slop?
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

DK Sweets wrote:Image
I just caught this movie.

DeNiro makes a great crazy iggle fan.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I've seen it twice now, which is really rare for me to do in one year. I loved it though.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

DK Sweets wrote:I've seen it twice now, which is really rare for me to do in one year. I loved it though.
It is really good.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote: It is really good.

yeah...I'd see again. Lots of humor.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

RILEY. Oh man, I hate when that happens.
Speaking of which, the number of Roberts I've actually called DeNiro accidentally has probably got to be pretty high, too.

Any ways, Riley Cooper and Miles Austin put together had about half the production of either one of the WRs they no longer have
and Jordan Matthews wasn't a 1000+ yard receiver, either. So there's that. They've got Vikings syndrome where its a whole
team of Number 2s getting passed to from questionable QBs. Good luck with that. Doesn't seem to pan out for the Vikings too often.