View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Eagles...Chip has everyone confused 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Eagles...Chip has everyone confused
To me the Eagles has been one of the most confusing teams this off season.
They just signed Murray. Not sure I would have. I think Dallas about run him to death last season.
The Bradford / Foles trade was also confusing :confused:

With Murray signed with the Eagles AP to the Cowboys??

Last edited by halfgiz on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:40 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Eagles...Chip has everyone confused
I think Chip Kelly is going for a NBA type of offseason. He'll move anybody and everybody to get what he thinks is best. It's not really surprising considering how innovative and aggressive he has been on the field...it only makes sense that his personality would show in his GM moves as well.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Eagles...Chip has everyone confused
DK Sweets wrote:
I think Chip Kelly is going for a NBA type of offseason. He'll move anybody and everybody to get what he thinks is best. It's not really surprising considering how innovative and aggressive he has been on the field...it only makes sense that his personality would show in his GM moves as well.

Defintely NBA type movement. They'll be fun to watch this season.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm
All Pro Elite Player

The Eagles will still be very beatable. Kelly is throwing spaghetti at the wall. I will be surprised if they finish above .500

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:05 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I don't think Chip is gonna last long in Philly...he traded away his two most important offensive players and replaced them with huge injury risks. It's pretty much a guarantee that one of Bradford, Murray, or Mathews misses a significant amount of time. Good chance that two of them get hurt, actually. Chip also apparently works his players pretty hard in practice, so there's that to factor in as well. Who else do they even have in Philly now? Riley Cooper? This has disaster written all over it.

It'll look even worse for them when McCoy and Foles have good seasons with their new teams. I think McCoy can still perform at an elite level up in Buffalo, who are shaping up to be a team to watch next year. Not quite sure about Foles in STL because they seem to be lacking talent on offense but he definitely seems like a better QB than Bradford, who is damaged goods.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 pm
Hall of Famer

sorry , but Bradford is crap. He'll get hurt again within 5 games. He's stuck with the butt fumbler

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:42 pm
Fenrir

HornedMessiah wrote:
I don't think Chip is gonna last long in Philly...he traded away his two most important offensive players and replaced them with huge injury risks. It's pretty much a guarantee that one of Bradford, Murray, or Mathews misses a significant amount of time. Good chance that two of them get hurt, actually. Chip also apparently works his players pretty hard in practice, so there's that to factor in as well. Who else do they even have in Philly now? Riley Cooper? This has disaster written all over it.

It'll look even worse for them when McCoy and Foles have good seasons with their new teams. I think McCoy can still perform at an elite level up in Buffalo, who are shaping up to be a team to watch next year. Not quite sure about Foles in STL because they seem to be lacking talent on offense but he definitely seems like a better QB than Bradford, who is damaged goods.

Thing is, you basically bring in a guy like Chip Kelly because he's unconventional. When you bring in a guy that's a risk taker you have to expect moves like this and I think Philly is probably alright with it. The Eagles are certainly going to be one of the more interesting teams to watch this season.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:31 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Kelly dealings kind of remind me of Josh McDaniel's at Denver a few years back.
The key is going to be Bradford staying healthy. They have enough running backs so that shouldn't be a problem.
Sanchez showed what he was capable of this year. Surprised they resigned him.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 am
All Pro Elite Player

Its either going to work out really really well and be highly entertaining.

Or

Work out really really poorly and being highly entertaining.

:twisted:

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:57 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

IrishViking wrote:
Its either going to work out really really well and be highly entertaining.

Or

Work out really really poorly and being highly entertaining.

:twisted:

Ha! Indeed. Iggles fans excluded.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:40 pm
All Pro Elite Player

TeBow trying out for the Eagles :shock:

Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:16 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
After the Eagles traded for quarterback Sam Bradford, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said that he’d already been offered a first-round pick in a trade for Bradford.

Mike Florio wondered about which team might have been willing to make such an offer and came up with the Browns as a best guess. It may have been the right one.

Charley Casserly of NFL Media reported that it was the Browns, who own two first-round picks this year and an uncertain quarterback situation even after signing Josh McCown following his release by the Buccaneers, who made the offer. Adam Caplan of ESPN reported the same on Tuesday and added it was the 19th pick that they received in a trade with Buffalo during the first round last year that they were willing to deal.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:18 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Trade for Sam Bradford and Kiko Alonso. Sign Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews, Miles Austin. Resign DeMeco Ryans.

Man Chip must have a lot of faith in his medical staff :shock:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

saint33 wrote:
Trade for Sam Bradford and Kiko Alonso. Sign Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews, Miles Austin. Resign DeMeco Ryans.

Man Chip must have a lot of faith in his medical staff :shock:

I hear they are checking out Greg Childs and Napoleon Kaufman.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Bob Sanders working out the Eagles tomorrow.

:rofl:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:35 am
Strong Safety

I tell you what if these moves don't produce quickly the Eagles fans are going to want to string him up ....

I mean, they booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs, for nothing

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:11 pm
Commissioner

Had a fun thought the other day. It'd be interesting if this played out, though unlikely:

Chip trades Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez to Cleveland for Cleveland's first pick and Johnny Manziel (Chip may need to pony up some change in the form of a mid-to-late-rounder to even it out of the Browns value Manziel at all, which I'm not sure they do).

Chip then trades both of Philly's first-round picks and their second-rounder to Tennessee for the #2 spot and draft Marcus Mariota.

Chip's depth chart to open the season:

#1: Marcus Mariota
#2: Johnny Manziel
#2: Tim Tebow

Net: three effective running QBs to run Chip's system.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:33 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
Had a fun thought the other day. It'd be interesting if this played out, though unlikely:

Chip trades Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez to Cleveland for Cleveland's first pick and Johnny Manziel (Chip may need to pony up some change in the form of a mid-to-late-rounder to even it out of the Browns value Manziel at all, which I'm not sure they do).

Chip then trades both of Philly's first-round picks and their second-rounder to Tennessee for the #2 spot and draft Marcus Mariota.

Chip's depth chart to open the season:

#1: Marcus Mariota
#2: Johnny Manziel
#2: Tim Tebow

Net: three effective running QBs to run Chip's system.

That would make the eagles even more fun to watch. I think Tennessee would be crazy to pass on Mariota, mostly because I'm not liking any of the other QBs past him and Winston......although Mannion might make a good pro and I hope that kid from Marshal gets a crack at it. Those picks would be tempting though.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:36 am
Commissioner

This is getting fun. I hope something wacky like this happens.

Eagles' latest Marcus Mariota rumor involves Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Sam Bradford

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015 ... etche.html

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Waiting with great anticipation for the post-draft fallout of the Eagles' stinker. If all the rumors about Chip offering several players and picks to move up are true then he could have a mutiny on his hands. He won't make it through the season if the team isn't playing well. It even came out today that he said their guard Evan Mathis has been on the trade block for two years and there have been no takers. Not a controversial statement per se, but maybe the relationship between the two isn't great to begin with and now it just brings all that to light.

Spielman should be watching this situation like a vulture to take advantage. If things really sour in the next few days, maybe try to get guys like Mathis and Kendricks on the cheap. Sweet jeebus I'm salivating at the chance here to upgrade the roster.

Sat May 02, 2015 9:52 pm
Commissioner

I'm secretly hoping we can still get Mychal for a 2016 third or fourth rounder and put Eric at Will

Sun May 03, 2015 8:40 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
I'm secretly hoping we can still get Mychal for a 2016 third or fourth rounder and put Eric at Will

That would be something! Like a better version of EJ and Erin.

Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

That would be something! Like a better version of EJ and Erin.

Indeed. The speed and playmaking ability would be impressive. Doubt it happens but a boy can dream.

Sun May 03, 2015 9:41 pm
Hall of Famer

All of this wheeling and dealing has me reeling.

:roll: :lol:

I think Chip Kelly is trying to hard to be a maverick and a genius and has really outthunk himself here.
Too smart and revolutionary for his own good!

I have no clue how the quarterback trade makes sense. Why would you trade somebody with injury concerns who has at least delivered on the field when isn't injured (15-9 as a starter, almost 7000 yards and 46 touchdowns to 17 interceptions in 28 games)...to land somebody with a playing career dogged by injuries who just missed the entire last season with a major ACL tear? The last 4 seasons for Bradford are statistically pedestrian apart from a very good 3700 yarder 2012.
Career wise, he's never had a winning season and went 3-4 before missing an entire season with a major injury. I really hope the infatuation with the release
speed pays off but I for one ain't buyin' it. Speaking of buying, I hope they get a contract re-jiggering because Bradford is due 13 million dollars on the last year of his contract. Yikes!

They brought in Bradford and if he's the guy, fine. But at the same time, they lost a 1200 yard, 6 touchdown wide receiver and a 1300, 10 touchdown receiver!
Is it really time to dish your two best wide receivers when you wanna play QB Guru? The top wide receivers for them look to be Jordan Matthews, Miles Austin and Bradley Cooper and I say confidently that the much maligned, and justly so, Vikings receiving corps is a lot better than that.
The whole knock on Bradford is he didn't have the offensive tools to make it happen and you go with that pig slop?

DeMarco Murray looks like a strict upgrade to McCoy but its..shady. See what I did there? The yards gap all but disappears when you take into account
the fact that the Cowboys ran Murray into the dirt and gave him nearly 110 more touches (80 rushing attempts and at least 27 more targets for receptions).
The cost factor in McCoy's contract disappears. 5 year/42 million for Murray and the Bills gave McCoy 5 years/40 million. Prior to 2014, the prior 3 seasons
of Murray would have been close to statistical worsts for McCoy. Instead of a slam dunk, this is another rolling of the dice. And just because a guy was
a stud for another team doesn't mean he'll gel with yours at all. They traded a way a sure fire lock for 1500 all purpose yards again for Murray. We'll see if that gamble pays off, but I am skeptical.

Thu May 14, 2015 5:28 pm
Career Elite Player

Hunter Morrow wrote:
They brought in Bradford and if he's the guy, fine. But at the same time, they lost a 1200 yard, 6 touchdown wide receiver and a 1300, 10 touchdown receiver!
Is it really time to dish your two best wide receivers when you wanna play QB Guru? The top wide receivers for them look to be Jordan Matthews, Miles Austin and Bradley Cooper and I say confidently that the much maligned, and justly so, Vikings receiving corps is a lot better than that.
The whole knock on Bradford is he didn't have the offensive tools to make it happen and you go with that pig slop?

Thu May 14, 2015 7:51 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

DK Sweets wrote:

I just caught this movie.

DeNiro makes a great crazy iggle fan.

Thu May 14, 2015 8:23 pm
Career Elite Player

I've seen it twice now, which is really rare for me to do in one year. I loved it though.

Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

DK Sweets wrote:
I've seen it twice now, which is really rare for me to do in one year. I loved it though.

It is really good.

Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:

It is really good.

yeah...I'd see again. Lots of humor.

Thu May 14, 2015 11:16 pm
Hall of Famer

RILEY. Oh man, I hate when that happens.
Speaking of which, the number of Roberts I've actually called DeNiro accidentally has probably got to be pretty high, too.

Any ways, Riley Cooper and Miles Austin put together had about half the production of either one of the WRs they no longer have
and Jordan Matthews wasn't a 1000+ yard receiver, either. So there's that. They've got Vikings syndrome where its a whole
team of Number 2s getting passed to from questionable QBs. Good luck with that. Doesn't seem to pan out for the Vikings too often.

Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next