View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread 
Transition Player

Post Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread
dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

$8.4M APY and half the contract guaranteed. His agent did him a solid. Big increase over what the Cowboys were offering. Murray has every right to feel dissed by the Cowboys. Now he gets to play them twice a year.

If Jerry Jones is interested in acquiring Peterson, this helps him sell the idea that AP has to take a big pay cut if he wants to play for the Cowboys. If the number Jones has set for the RB position is $5-6M, Adrian will have to swallow a huge pay cut (without even getting into compensation back to the Vikings). Would AP leave $6M+ on the table just to play with the Cowboys? I don't see it happening.

Headline I'm expecting to read out of Philly in the next few minutes: Ryan Mathews told limo driver to take him to the airport instead of going for a physical.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AdamSchefter Ravens are giving RB Justin Forsett a three-year deal, per source.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:29 pm
Transition Player

dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter Chiefs traded this year's 5th-round pick to Saints for two-time Pro Bowl guard Ben Grubbs, per league source.

Man ... that's a pretty good deal for the Chiefs. Grubbs is 31 with two years left on his contract. $6.5M this year and $7.2M next year. A little pricey but he's a good player. Saints only save $3.6M on their cap with this deal.

Saints are a mess. Cap strapped (and mismanaged), Benson's kids suing him alleging he's senile and Drew Brees sitting on a $26.4M cap number. Report said they haven't asked Brees to either restructure or take a pay cut. If true that's just crazy. Brees should volunteer to give them some cap relief. Wonder if they're cleaning the slate to get the team ready for a sale?

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:33 pm
Hall of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-to-jets/

Antonio Cromartie back to New York.

Jesus. That defense goes from being suspect to down right ridiculous! I have always liked the Jets. This is good to see.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:34 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/12/antonio-cromartie-follows-darrelle-revis-back-to-jets/

Antonio Cromartie back to New York.

Jesus. That defense goes from being suspect to down right ridiculous! I have always liked the Jets. This is good to see.

With Marshall catching passes from Ryan 'The Amish Cannon' Fitzpatrick.
Plus a high pick that could net them MariOta.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AdamSchefter Ryan Mathews IS signing in Philly, per source.

Quote:
@smartfootball I guess Chip Kelly didn't deal LeSean McCoy because he wanted to spend less on the runningback position

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:44 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Titans signed LB Brian Orakpo to a four-year, $27 million contract.

Quote:
Titans signed DE/LB Derrick Morgan to a four-year, $30 million contract.

Quote:
Jets agreed to terms with S Marcus Gilchrist, formerly of the Chargers, on a four-year contract.

Quote:
Redskins signed CB Chris Culliver to a four-year contract.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:30 am
Career Elite Player

I'm not crazy about Chris Culliver's attitude, so that doesn't bother me. I know some people wanted him, though.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 am
Commissioner

Quote:
Yahoo! Sports' Rand Getlin reports the Saints "are in the process" of trading Kenny Stills to the Dolphins.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Saints signed RB C.J. Spiller.

Quote:
Saints acquired LB Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for WR Kenny Stills.

Quote:
@AdamHBeasley A source told me that Drew Brees was not happy with either Ben Grubbs or Kenny Stills. No coincidence that they're both gone.

Quote:
@nfldraftscout Saints are telling traded players they're going all-in to build a defense. They now have two 1sts, a 2nd and two 3rds.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:01 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Free agent S Jeron Johnson will visit the Redskins

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 pm
Commissioner

There he is!

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo QB Christian Ponder visiting the Raiders today, sources say.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
There he is!

Quote:

They need a new waterboy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

Quote:
@AdamSchefter Oh boy: Bills reached agreement on 1-year deal with WR Percy Harvin, per source. Buffalo spending bills; add Harvin, McCoy, Incognito.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
There he is!

Quote:

That's one place I'd have not thought likely.
I don't believe Ponder sees himself as a backup, even though that's what it looks like he is.....I keep seeing him landing in a place where he has a chance to start.
He's definitely a guy I will follow wherever he winds up...just out of morbid curiousity.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 pm
Commissioner

The Breeze wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
There he is!

Quote:

I don't believe Ponder sees himself as a backup, even though that's what it looks like he is.....I keep seeing him landing in a place where he has a chance to start.
He's definitely a guy I will follow wherever he winds up...just out of morbid curiousity.

At this point I think he was just looking to stay in the league. This was his first known interest (with Musgrave, no less). I don't know how much lower on the totem pole you can be than to sign a one-year contract with the Raiders (to compete with Matt McGloin to be the backup).

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:42 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
There he is!

At this point I think he was just looking to stay in the league. This was his first known interest (with Musgrave, no less). I don't know how much lower on the totem pole you can be than to sign a one-year contract with the Raiders (to compete with Matt McGloin to be the backup).

I forgot Musgrave had gone to Oakland.
Ponder did himself no favors last season when he got a chance with TB's ankle injury.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@NBCdianna: Not so fast on Percy Harvin to the Bills, 49ers could be making a play per sources.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 pm
Hall of Famer

Any word on the interest around the league for Brandon Spikes?

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 am
All Pro Elite Player

Ponder to the Raiders...Back with Musgrave again. I thought he got signed fairly quick.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:22 am
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
Ponder to the Raiders...Back with Musgrave again. I thought he got signed fairly quick.

Just like TJoke, the only team that has any interest is the OC he came into the league with. Offense he knows. Probably get close to these guys working with them for years. Sure wasn't signed for anything else he brings.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 am
Transition Player

Ben Roethlisberger's deal is astonishing. 5 years, $99M, $31M signing bonus, $65M in the first three years, $61M guaranteed.

Not bad for a guy who is 33 years old.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:33 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AlbertBreer S Jeron Johnson is signing a two-year deal with the Redskins, per source. Comes over from the Seahawks.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 am
Commissioner

Uhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 pm
Career Elite Player

Tebow!?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:47 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AdamSchefter Former Packers CB Tramon Williams has reached a three-year agreement with the Cleveland Browns, per source.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:59 pm
Commissioner

DK Sweets wrote:
Tebow!?

He's baaaaaaaaaack (maybe)

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:59 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AlbertBreer Part of me thinks Chip did this just to mess with everyone. And I'd be OK with that.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:00 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Texans signed NT Vince Wilfork, formerly of the Patriots.

Quote:
Free agent Stevie Johnson left the Patriots' facility without a contract.

Quote:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, free agent OG Justin Blalock recently "checked in" with the Titans.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:01 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@AdamSchefter WR Stevie Johnson is signing with the Chargers, as @NBCdianna reported. It is a 3-year deal. SD adds a WR.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next