2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:
That is a huge gaffe by Dallas IMO. They have a great line and can probably get production from most any servicable back...but Murray is a unique talent and will be a potent weapon in Philly if they get a deal done.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Being reported that Ryan Mathews left Philly's building to take his physical. Still no official word on whether his contract is signed but it certainly sounds like both parties are moving forward. If Philly backed away now after having agreed in principle to the contract terms yesterday they would have some serious fallout with the NFL agent community.

Murray is taking his fiance with him to Philly and meeting his agent there. That usually doesn't happen unless a deal has been struck.

Sproles, Mathews AND Murray? I don't get it. After losing Maclin they acquire two top RBs to replace McCoy but nothing at the WR position (and they aren't exactly flush in cap space).

I watched most of Chip Kelly's presser yesterday. Thought it was an impressive performance. He's one of the few NFL coaches who actually answers questions and provides information. He laid out his rationale for trading for Bradford and whether you agree with it or not, it did make sense. He came across as supremely confident in his "vision" for where he wants to take the team. Or ... perhaps it was supremely arrogant; haven't made up my mind.

Now with the impending Murray signing I'm back to thinking Chip is probably more of a loose cannon than a crazy genius. Signing Murray after signing Mathews just reeks of impulsiveness and blows-ups the idea that he's got a disciplined plan that he's following.

If I were an Eagles fan, I think I'd like Chip Kelly the Coach a whole better than Chip Kelly the GM.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pseudo Everything wrote:Being reported that Ryan Mathews left Philly's building to take his physical. Still no official word on whether his contract is signed but it certainly sounds like both parties are moving forward. If Philly backed away now after having agreed in principle to the contract terms yesterday they would have some serious fallout with the NFL agent community.
I think it's more likely Mathews may not be thrilled by suddenly not being the lead dog there after thinking he would. From what I've read, Philly really wants both of them (citing the way Chip likes to rotate his running backs).
Murray is taking his fiance with him to Philly and meeting his agent there. That usually doesn't happen unless a deal has been struck.
That or it's the most elaborate game of cat-and-mouse in the NFL ever.
Sproles, Mathews AND Murray? I don't get it. After losing Maclin they acquire two top RBs to replace McCoy but nothing at the WR position (and they aren't exactly flush in cap space).
Don't forget Chris Polk. Something's gotta give there you'd think.
I watched most of Chip Kelly's presser yesterday. Thought it was an impressive performance.
Indeed. It was entertaining.
He's one of the few NFL coaches who actually answers questions and provides information.
I don't know. I have my reservations about how truthful he was. For example, he said he received a call about a team (Cleveland?) trading a first-rounder for Bradford. That could be true, OR it could've been something like Bradford and a second for that team's first; in other words, he may not have been completely truthful about what was offered (if anything. Heck there may not have been an offer and he said that to try and drive up Bradford's perceived value).
He laid out his rationale for trading for Bradford and whether you agree with it or not, it did make sense. He came across as supremely confident in his "vision" for where he wants to take the team. Or ... perhaps it was supremely arrogant; haven't made up my mind.
I think he knows how he wants his team to be run and the pieces to make it run effectively.
Now with the impending Murray signing I'm back to thinking Chip is probably more of a loose cannon than a crazy genius. Signing Murray after signing Mathews just reeks of impulsiveness and blows-ups the idea that he's got a disciplined plan that he's following.
Not necessarily given how the running game typically runs his offense.
If I were an Eagles fan, I think I'd like Chip Kelly the Coach a whole better than Chip Kelly the GM.
It's hard to say in March. It'll be interesting to watch the next couple of seasons in Philly for sure.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

@Pseudo

Kelly's presser was kinda shocking to me as he has been well known for being tight lipped to the point of causing irritation to fans, media and boosters. His arrogance/confidence is another thing that has rubbed people wrong.
I've no idea of what the plan there is but I'm rooting for him to find success cause I like the innovation he brings and I believe he's good for the NFL in general.
I'd feel uneasy as an Iggles fan, however.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Chiefs traded this year's 5th-round pick to Saints for two-time Pro Bowl guard Ben Grubbs, per league source.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:
Has Spielman ever traded away a pick other than during the draft?
I can't think of one......
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The Breeze wrote: Has Spielman ever traded away a pick other than during the draft?
I can't think of one......
For Jared Allen Spielman traded the no. 17 overall, and both of the Vikings' third-round selections.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@NBCdianna New Orleans is trying to trade wide receiver Kenny Still per sources #Saints
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@ProFootballTalk: Saints closing in on a deal with CB Brandon Browner. "Almost finished," source says.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote: For Jared Allen Spielman traded the no. 17 overall, and both of the Vikings' third-round selections.
Once during the days of the TOA. Interesting.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:shock:
@Rand_Getlin NFL source on New Orleans: "The #Saints are literally shopping every single player on their roster. Complete fire sale." #NotQuiteButClose
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@RapSheet: The #Eagles are working to trade G Evan Mathis, source said. More craziness.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

dead_poet wrote:
He good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@evansilva Evan Mathis, whom #Eagles are reportedly trying to trade, was PFF's No. 2 overall OG in 2014, behind only Marshal Yanda. Is going on age 34.