2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Ok, I am very confused. Are the teams actually swapping picks or did St. Louis jettison their first round pick entirely?
St. Louis traded Bradford and a 2nd to Philly for Foles. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not they also traded 1sts.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Bengals signing former Packers LB A.J. Hawk.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

God ‏@TheTweetOfGod 27m27 minutes ago
I'm omniscient but even I don't know what the Philadelphia Eagles are doing.
Amen

Bradford coming off two ACLs now running the read option in Philly.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

It looks like Frank Gore is going to sign with Indy.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Mothman wrote:It looks like Frank Gore is going to sign with Indy.
The Eagles negotiated the contract that Gore will sign in Indianapolis.

Update: McCoy said that Frank Gore called him about Philly. Shady said “I was honest with him … for the most part.”
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pseudo Everything wrote: Amen

Bradford coming off two ACLs now running the read option in Philly.
Neither Foles nor Sanchez are any more mobile than Bradford, FWIW.

I think people get the wrong idea about Kelly's offense.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This has been a crazy beginning to Free Agency. And I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm excited to see if we can get an awesome deal for Adrian.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote: Man, it sounds like Chip Kelly is Jim Harbaugh with more power. From what I've read you either like and understand him or you don't. No middle ground. I wonder if 2015 is going to be a defining year for him. If things go badly things could get really interesting in Philly.
That's interesting as there are lots of Ducks fans and insiders in Eugene that are happy he moved on....not in an ill will way, but he did alienate a lot of people with his system.
-------

That tweet from God was funny.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

frosted wrote: Neither Foles nor Sanchez are any more mobile than Bradford, FWIW.

I think people get the wrong idea about Kelly's offense.
If we're talking Bradford pre-ACL (as in two not one) I agree that he was a reasonably athletic QB with decent mobility. But he's proven that he's fragile and who knows what is mobility is today. Foles is many things but athletic is not one of them. Very few QBs in the league have less foot speed than Foles. But Foles also proved that he is durable because he took a lot of big hits in Kelly's offense.

Do you think Kelly doesn't want a mobile QB? He had to work with what he had when coming to Philly. Kelly's philosophy is based on making the D play 11 on 11. He was limited in what he could do with Foles at QB.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pseudo Everything wrote:
If we're talking Bradford pre-ACL (as in two not one) I agree that he was a reasonably athletic QB with decent mobility. But he's proven that he's fragile and who knows what is mobility is today. Foles is many things but athletic is not one of them. Very few QBs in the league have less foot speed than Foles. But Foles also proved that he is durable because he took a lot of big hits in Kelly's offense.

Do you think Kelly doesn't want a mobile QB? He had to work with what he had when coming to Philly. Kelly's philosophy is based on making the D play 11 on 11. He was limited in what he could do with Foles at QB.
I think he'd like to have a mobile QB, but he's not married to the idea, and the scheme does not require it to work at a high level. It's about flooding areas with receivers.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Okay ... this make sense ... Eagles targeting Kaepernick, not Mariotta (who would be too expensive to move up in the draft to acquire). SanFran has reportedly been shopping Kaepernick. Eagles don't have the players the 49ers want. Rams won't trade Bradford within the division. Eagles get Bradford and then trade him to SanFran for Kaepernick plus some additional compensation.

Bank it.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

dead_poet wrote: St. Louis traded Bradford and a 2nd to Philly for Foles. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not they also traded 1sts.
According to Albert breer, and a few other on twitter, the rams traded Bradford and a 5th for foles, a 6th and a 2016 2nd
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by DK Sweets »

Pseudo Everything wrote:Okay ... this make sense ... Eagles targeting Kaepernick, not Mariotta (who would be too expensive to move up in the draft to acquire). SanFran has reportedly been shopping Kaepernick. Eagles don't have the players the 49ers want. Rams won't trade Bradford within the division. Eagles get Bradford and then trade him to SanFran for Kaepernick plus some additional compensation.

Bank it.
Thats an absolutely crazy, but interesting, idea.

Also, understand that I say it's crazy but I'm not saying you're wrong.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Revis Island heading back to J-E-T-S

Don't know the terms but just assume it's suhpid money
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Lol at Patriots fans acting like Revis #### slapped their moms or something. They are salty AF right now in New England! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.