LeSean McCoy traded... to Buffalo?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Per Adam Schefter:
Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Nice move for the Bills. They could be somewhat of a sleeper team if EJ Manuel can get his stuff together.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: LeSean McCoy traded... to Buffalo?

Post by DK Sweets »

What? Sounds like a weird trade for both teams.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I think this was a great move for Philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I don't love it for Philly, but I hate it for Buffalo.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Something happen behind the scenes perhaps? Wasn't McCoy a pretty good fit for what Kelly likes to do?

Either way it's a shocker, no one saw this coming.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the last two years McCoy has been pushing hard to be the highest paid running back in the league..

I don't think Chip Kelly likes players pushing their own salary agendas when they are under long term
deals....

If this moves goes south; the Eagles fans who booed and threw snow balls at Santa, are going to go NUTS !!! :steamed:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chip Kelly asserting his power over the roster already. Not a bad move for the Eagles depending on how free agency and the draft works out. Alonzo has the makings of a stud and McCoy was coming off a down year that saw him being taken off the field way more often than usual.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think it boils down to this: Chip Kelly decided a young LB is more valuable than an aging RB. Probably even more likely, age had little to do with it.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

If nothing else, Demeco Ryans may be available now for us to target. :lol:

I had an interesting hypothesis I was thinking about last night: what if Philly is clearing all of this cap space to absolutely go HAM in free agency? Then, after they spend big in free agency to fill their holes, they turn around and offer the farm for Mariota? It wouldn't shock me. I cannot really explain their aggressiveness in ridding the team of guys and giving themselves almost 50 million in cap space other than the hypothesis that they are planning something major behind the scenes in Pennsylvania.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I wonder what this does for Peterson's trade value? I assume that other teams will attempt to use it as a comp.

so fun question...starting with the teams Peterson is rumored to be interested in (Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, Chargers, Buccaneers) what one (if you HAD to pick one) player would you trade Peterson for straight up?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

fiestavike wrote:I wonder what this does for Peterson's trade value? I assume that other teams will attempt to use it as a comp.

so fun question...starting with the teams Peterson is rumored to be interested in (Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, Chargers, Buccaneers) what one (if you HAD to pick one) player would you trade Peterson for straight up?
Arizona = Calias Campbell

Indy = Vontae Davis

Cowboys = Tyron Smith

Chargers = Eric Weddle

Buccaneers = LeVonte David
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:I wonder what this does for Peterson's trade value? I assume that other teams will attempt to use it as a comp.

It's the offseason, so this is a fun question. But a player swap is so incredibly rare to happen once I can't imagine it EVER happening twice in one offseason. That being said...

Cardinals: Malcom Floyd, Patrick Peterson or Jared Veldheer
Colts: Luck (ha!), Vontae Davis or Hilton
Cowboys: Tyron Smith, Zack Martin or possibly Sean Lee (healthy)
Chargers: Keenan Allen
Buccaneers: Lavonte David or Mike Evans
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Cardinals: Patrick Peterson or Tyrann Mathieu
Colts: Vontae Davis
Cowboys: Tyron Smith or Dez Bryant
Chargers: Keenan Allen
Buccaneers: Lavonte David or Mike Evans
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I quess McCoy used the Bills logo for VIP Females only invite on instagram..without consulting the team
Apparently, the man who will play his games in the wings capital of the world is no fan of a sausage party.

Those who RSVP'd received a follow-up email explaining that women in attendance would be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Further pre-party requirements included the attachment of a photo and link to a social media account. Transportation and attire (huh?) would be provided.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-logo-use
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!