View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Favre To have number 4 retired 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Favre To have number 4 retired
Traitor.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:13 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Re: Favre To have number 4 retired
It's about time.

This makes me want to revisit the 2009 season, though. What a magical year.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:09 pm
Strong Safety

sweeping the Packers is always reason to love a season ...2009

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:03 am
Packers Suck

Ick.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:09 pm
Career Elite Player

Favorite Q of all-time. It begrudgingly happened when he was a Packer.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:18 pm
Strong Safety

I think Warren Moon might have been my favorite

Dissed by the NFL... comes back and sets all kinds of records on some bad teams
good arm and skills, never complained ... and looked good in a Vikings Uniform SKOL

Steve Young was a very smart guy waited his time behind Montana and a better gifted QB
IMO(played against tougher teams DAL)

Farve
Was fearless which won him some huge games, could adapt any play into a completion
Had fun playing the game and was fun to watch.

The Packers deserve to retire his Jersey .. He made the Packers for a dozen years...

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:39 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
I think Warren Moon might have been my favorite

Dissed by the NFL... comes back and sets all kinds of records on some bad teams
good arm and skills, never complained ... and looked good in a Vikings Uniform SKOL

Steve Young was a very smart guy waited his time behind Montana and a better gifted QB
IMO(played against tougher teams DAL)

Farve
Was fearless which won him some huge games, could adapt any play into a completion
Had fun playing the game and was fun to watch.

The Packers deserve to retire his Jersey .. He made the Packers for a dozen years...

Please, Favre was great no doubt about it, but those 90s Packers teams were stacked, once the 2000s rolled around Brett wasn't the same player either, and he really didn't do anything amazing after the turn of the millenium, not with the Packers anyway, that 09 season with the Vikes was a different story.

Regardless, he is probably the third greatest Packers QB of all time, so there is that. I still dont appreciate his obsession with sticking it to the same franchise and fan base that worshipped the ground he walked on for 15 years, supporting him through his rehabilitation and his wife's bout with breast cancer..

Yea, I think its safe to say he is an ####. And a whiny one at that. Doesn't change the fact that he was one of the greatest to ever play, but its hard for me to support retiring his jersey when he made it his loves mission to scorn the franchise simply because his massive ego demanded he be worshipped.

Oh but BTW, I completely agree on Warren Moon, that guy was an absolute beast. Top 5 QB of all time IMO.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:11 am
Career Elite Player

Honestly, Jordysghost you sound like an scorned ex in your last post. To say that Favre did nothing amazing from 2000-2007 is a bit absurd, and putting him behind Starr is highly questionable. I get why you're upset, but I think your judgement is clouded on this one.

And for clarification, I generally really like most of your posts, so I'm not trying to criticize YOU at all. Just this one position that I think is fueled more by emotion than reality.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:28 am
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
Honestly, Jordysghost you sound like an scorned ex in your last post. To say that Favre did nothing amazing from 2000-2007 is a bit absurd, and putting him behind Starr is highly questionable. I get why you're upset, but I think your judgement is clouded on this one.

And for clarification, I generally really like most of your posts, so I'm not trying to criticize YOU at all. Just this one position that I think is fueled more by emotion than reality.

Haha you hit the nail on the head DK, I'm about as bitter of a fan as you could be in regards to Bert, or at least, I was when he was on the other sideline. :) I guess thats what happens when your childhood hero acts like a complete moron and demands the organization bow down to his every whim. His waffling nonsenses was nothing short of absurd, I still cant believe he did that.

But, the proof is in the statline, Favre was still a HOF QB, from 2000 to 2007, but the problem is he was looked at as "The Great Brett Favre" for his entire career, but the statline indicates, that simply was not the case.

With the exception of 2003, and 2009, Favre generally failed to replicate his spectacular production from the 90s. Hell, 2007 was at the time considered to be the best season Favre had in years, do you know what his statline was? 28-15 TD INT ratio with under 4000 yards, good? Yea, Great? Far from it.

Favre was one of the greatest to ever live, but his legend, is really incredibly overstated.. My lord.. Compare his statistical output to guys like Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Marino, Young, Unitas, and he doesn't hold out in anything save for longevity, which in my opinion, was by far his greatest trait. (There is no denying he is one tough SOB)

Favre was amazing but was he the best to ever live? No. Was he top 5? Probably not. I understand he was fun to watch but that can only mean so much.

I'm not so sure about your assessment of Starr however, he was incredibly efficient, incredibly clutch, and is the highest rated postseason QB in NFL history, had he not been on the same team as Jimmy Taylor and Paul Hornung he'd be looked at in a very similar light to Johnny Unitas. But, understand ive felt this way long before Brent crossed the border. :D

Even A-Rod for all his raw statistical output, will have a hard time topping the guy who drove down the field to win the Ice Bowl, from an iconic point of view anyways.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
I'm not so sure about your assessment of Starr however, he was incredibly efficient, incredibly clutch, and is the highest rated postseason QB in NFL history, had he not been on the same team as Jimmy Taylor and Paul Hornung he'd be looked at in a very similar light to Johnny Unitas. But, understand ive felt this way long before Brent crossed the border. :D

He's a gentleman too. I met him once at a card show and he was very gracious, taking the time to look everyone in the eye, shake their hand, have his picture taken with them, etc.

I definitely consider him the best QB in Packers history. His postseason efficiency was amazing. the guy was a true leader at the position.

Now Rodgers? He's overrated! :twisted:

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 am
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

He's a gentleman too. I met him once at a card show and he was very gracious, taking the time to look everyone in the eye, shake their hand, have his picture taken with them, etc.

I definitely consider him the best QB in Packers history. His postseason efficiency was amazing. the guy was a true leader at the position.

Now Rodgers? He's overrated! :twisted:

Interesting Mothman, thanks for sharing.

In regards to your Rodgers comment, you wish! :P :wink: :lol: :lol: 8)

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
Interesting Mothman, thanks for sharing.

In regards to your Rodgers comment, you wish! :P :wink: :lol: :lol: 8)

It's true! I swear. If you look really, really, really closely, he can't get hit the broad side of a barn. It's all an illusion!

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 pm
Packers Suck

Favre's jersey to be retired thanksgiving night against the Bears. Interesting.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:22 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I can see Brent being the #3 all time for the Pack....but it' really nitpicking. I don't feel bad for anyone struggling to rank their HoF QBs :wink:

He totally deserves to have his number retired up there. I know he didn't do it alone but the Pack was fairly putrid for quite some time until he showed up. I would also argue that Rodgers has had better offenses around him for the most part and has the same amount of rings, but I do think Rodger is better in a vacuum.

How many team have had 3 Hall of Fame(caliber) QBs?

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:46 pm
Commissioner

The Breeze wrote:

That's a great question. I know the 49ers do (Montana, Young, Tittle). The Steelers have Bradshaw, Len Dawson and Bobby Lane.

If you toss in Arnie Herber, the Packers have FOUR.

Of course, it also depends on how you classify some of them as not all played their entire careers for the same team.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
The Breeze wrote:

That's a great question. I know the 49ers do (Montana, Young, Tittle). The Steelers have Bradshaw, Len Dawson and Bobby Lane.

If you toss in Arnie Herber, the Packers have FOUR.

Of course, it also depends on how you classify some of them as not all played their entire careers for the same team.

I had to look after I posted that and was surprised to see the Pack had another in Herber.

I consider Bobby Lane a Lion and Dawson a Chief......

Then I would alter the question to only include the superbowl era.

The Colts will have had Unitas, Manning and Luck.
A few teams with two guys......but the niners have 3 already inducted.(well, I guess Tittle is not exactly superbowl era)

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:32 pm
Defensive Tackle

The Breeze wrote:

It may be getting a little too far out in front of things to consider Luck HOF-caliber. We're still pretty early in his career. He's good, no doubt, and he appears to be on that general path, but he'll have to accomplish a lot more to be HOF-worthy.

Sorry to nit-pick, it just seems premature to me. :)

Jim

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:43 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Mothman wrote:
The Breeze wrote:

It may be getting a little too far out in front of things to consider Luck HOF-caliber. We're still pretty early in his career. He's good, no doubt, and he appears to be on that general path, but he'll have to accomplish a lot more to be HOF-worthy.

Sorry to nit-pick, it just seems premature to me. :)

Jim

Yeah...it's premature for sure. I think it's because I've been hearing about how wonderful he is since he was in college...

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:29 pm
Defensive Tackle

The Breeze wrote:
Yeah...it's premature for sure. I think it's because I've been hearing about how wonderful he is since he was in college...

Well, he does have that beard... ;)

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Just for Moth, really...

Brett Favre Says He Could Still Play In the NFL

Quote:
“I think I could play,” Favre said. “As far as throwing. Of course, we’re not trying to start some he’s-coming-out-of-retirement deal.”

“Do I think I could play and lead a team? Look, no. But I could play. I could make all the throws I made before, I just couldn’t throw it near as far, but that never matters anyway.”

Quote:
Like, maybe if you needed Favre for one game he could go out there and make the throws and get you through the game. But playing an entire season? Even Favre isn’t delusional enough to believe he could pull that off.

So, something for Rick Spielman to keep in mind. Like what if the Vikings get to the playoffs and God forbid Teddy Bridgewater gets hurt and for some reason the team doesn’t have faith in Shaun Hill. Maybe give old Brett a call in that situation?

Old Brett can still get you one win if you need it.

Link: http://thevikingage.com/2015/06/30/bret ... ers-video/

*waits for my warning/ban message* 8)

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

So...Favre as our backup now? ;)

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm
Career Elite Player

Funkytown wrote:
Just for Moth, really...

Brett Favre Says He Could Still Play In the NFL

Quote:
“I think I could play,” Favre said. “As far as throwing. Of course, we’re not trying to start some he’s-coming-out-of-retirement deal.”

“Do I think I could play and lead a team? Look, no. But I could play. I could make all the throws I made before, I just couldn’t throw it near as far, but that never matters anyway.”

Quote:
Like, maybe if you needed Favre for one game he could go out there and make the throws and get you through the game. But playing an entire season? Even Favre isn’t delusional enough to believe he could pull that off.

So, something for Rick Spielman to keep in mind. Like what if the Vikings get to the playoffs and God forbid Teddy Bridgewater gets hurt and for some reason the team doesn’t have faith in Shaun Hill. Maybe give old Brett a call in that situation?

Old Brett can still get you one win if you need it.

Link: http://thevikingage.com/2015/06/30/bret ... ers-video/

*waits for my warning/ban message* 8)

:rofl:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 pm
Strong Safety

He probably could play decent but he wouldn't win games on his own ...much...

Farve played when QB's got hit ... not like today.. He did it very well and played a huge number of games
in a row. He gave us one really fun year and we got close.. I blame Chili for not forcing A.P. to learn to hold the
ball better. The refs allowed the Saints to roll his legs and hit him all game as well.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]